One-time Morrissey bassist Matthew Seligman passes away

Photo from The Hustle / PodBean:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who played on the Bona Drag singles/B sides for Morrissey I consider to be part of one of the best detached and dispatched line ups Morrissey has ever had. Seligman, Taylor, Armstrong, Street and the rest made some beautiful tunes.

Seeing as Mathew Seligman played bass on Ouija Board he probably has.

Cracking track. A personal favourite of mine.
These sad announcements are starting to get closer and closer now.
Take care :thumb:

??:knife:

Very sad news, of course. And some typical vile comments from the edgelords on here. Oh well, they'll never learn.

At least he did better than Danny Thompson, who didn't even get credited for playing bass on 'He Knows I'd Love to See Him'. That whole Bona Drag period is such an intruiging mess of musicians/producers/collaborators coming and going - it's astonishing that it hangs together so seamlessly that it sounds like a genuine album, rather than a compilation of odds and ends.

Yes he was one of the group sacked by Tom , when they went down to a trio, I never recognised his name as the last time he played as TT was 82.... think there was about 4 of them asked to leave.... I can't belive that the TT and the smiths have a musical connection... my 2 fave bands of all time.....I can always remember morrissey being asked in smash hits, what is your favourite TT single, moz said, is it possible to have one....... it was then i had to cross over to the smiths, I was getting on a bit, I was 18...

At least he did better than Danny Thompson, who didn't even get credited for playing bass on 'He Knows I'd Love to See Him'. That whole Bona Drag period is such an intruiging mess of musicians/producers/collaborators coming and going - it's astonishing that it hangs together so seamlessly that it sounds like a genuine album, rather than a compilation of odds and ends.
Who is Danny Thompson? Do you know what the story is? I've never heard this before.

Now you have and you're slightly less ignorant about the world and the history of Morrissey, who you apparently a fan of.
Don't make a habit of trying to make this one less ignorant unless you fancy chipping away at a mountain with a spoon.

Don't make a habit of trying to make this one less ignorant unless you fancy chipping away at a mountain with a spoon.
You seem very harsh and forthright in your posts, a quality that I find acceptable and or, not to my own personal taste. Depending on my General mood, I can't quite work you out just yet... never the less I've just put world peace on, disc 2 , I would like to know anyhow, is your picture on your posts, Kim Wilde, if so here come the aliens.....

You seem very harsh and forthright in your posts, a quality that I find acceptable and or, not to my own personal taste. Depending on my General mood, I can't quite work you out just yet... never the less I've just put world peace on, disc 2 , I would like to know anyhow, is your picture on your posts, Kim Wilde, if so here come the aliens.....
I chose Kim Wilde because she's in my dreams.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom