Optimist or pessimist?

You know what I'm talking about

• Total voters
Question: Would you want to see Morrissey, Johnny Marr, and two players to be named later play an evening of Smiths songs? I'm just curious.

If optimist means he will be back, yes he will. Where would he go? What would he do? He would miss us, too.

Question: Would you want to see Morrissey, Johnny Marr, and two players to be named later play an evening of Smiths songs? I'm just curious.

Just had this thought, all this money, what if he and JM got a suggestion to do it for free? For music is what you care about? Well, not for free, but say, charity or something like that?

yes. i would. to see Morrissey and Marr up on stage together playing nothing but Smiths songs would be amazing. especially since I was too young to see it the first time around. Id do whatever I had to to be at that show.

Hahaha... I love you Moz. Read it again (emphasis mine):

we can tell you that one thing the future will not bring is a Smiths reunion tour. Per recent reports, Morrissey was approached during the course of the summer by a consortium of promoters, in the wake of the success of the Police, U2 and Rolling Stones tours, with a $75,000,000 offer to tour in 2008 and/or 2009. The offer called for Morrissey to do a minimum of 50 shows all over the world under the Smiths' name, with the only proviso being that Johnny Marr was also in the band. The offer has been refused.

You just never know...

it's not like i really had to think about it. i go into most everything assuming it will suck.

the problem is, i'm usually never proven wrong, so I don't know if that means that i'm actually a realist.

That's one of the best points someone can make about this. Can always rely on you for reason and wisdom like that, Dave. ;)

Optimist! For the reason posted elsewhere by Dave, quoted by Kuiper.

:)

I agree Dave, I think Moz will be back because he'll miss us. And I just uttertly can't see him retiring from the stage at such a young age. He's got years and years ahead of him. He needs a break. I think we were all getting worried that he needed a break, in fact.

Hmm, I expected more in the camp of Ringleader of the Tour-lamenters, but I'm glad we're not too shaken by the news. :) That article on TTY really could have been worded a lot better. When us optimists are proven true, Julia or Morrissey or whoever wrote it is gonna have a lot to answer for, putting us through all this...

Last edited:
optimist.

he's really missing us, and he's only just gone.

a friend of mine just offered the following theory (which clearly puts him in Camp Pessimist): Moz is dying/has a fatal disease or something.

I certainly dont endorse this viewpoint, but...the illness suffered earlier in the tour, coupled with "why would he do another US tour this fast after another US tour at all his favorite cities"

Yeah, I dont know. Food for thought or something. I dont buy it. Hell, I dont even buy that this is his "last tour"

"last tour THIS YEAR" more like it

Optimist. He said it himself about performing:

"it's the only time in my life that I feel right about myself. Otherwise, I don't have any function at all as a human being..."

Optimist. He said it himself about performing:

"it's the only time in my life that I feel right about myself. Otherwise, I don't have any function at all as a human being..."

EXACTLY why I'm not up in arms about all this. I saw this on TTY the other day and was like "yeah, we're good for awhile, no worries"

Rather depressingly, I voted pessimist. Of course I don't want it to be the end...but that statement just had such an air of finality about it. I would've traded in my exam passes just for this not to happen...:(

Looking on the bright side...he's got new material which is unreleased, there's obviously going to be another album, and he lives for performing. And yet somehow, I'm still depressed...

Coiff.

Back
Top Bottom