Morrissey Central "OUR ONE TRUE PRINCE" (July 12, 2020)

Screenshot_20200712-162535.jpg

(Full interview link & archive article here at the time - see below).
FWD.

Related items:

Judging from recent concert & album sales, I would say that a bit invalid...

Oh I wouldn’t judge the admiration of an artist based on their sales.

Interest by a general public may wane. But, true fans will always be there.

I can only assume some people have been banned from the forums & fan pages of the artists they actually like.

I can only assume some people have been banned from the forums & fan pages of the artists they actually like.

Regarding solo ...

Not enough people have been banned from the forums & fan pages of an artist they actually like.

:cool:

Here is Morrissey, back on an 1885 radiogramme with John Peel & Howard Jones, on "Let's Go Crazy" (spoiler ~ he's not crazy about it}

{context ~ Prince had just made an infamous appearance at the BPI awards flanked by 2 huge minders and treated everybody there with disdain, and got alot of publicity for it}

*NB ~ According to "Autobiography", Morrissey, in an attempt to downplay the status of John Peel as 'discovering' The Smiths ~ he insists it was John Walters {Peel's radio producer} not Peel who was the more instrumental ~ states that he only ever met JP twice in his life. Both times in motorway service stations {an anecdote that Peel would trot out endlessly}. So, unless "Singled Out" was recorded secretly at an M6 Little Chef...

Thanks for that :thumb: never heard it before.

M in good spirits.

Here is Morrissey, back on an 1885 radiogramme with John Peel & Howard Jones, on "Let's Go Crazy" (spoiler ~ he's not crazy about it}

{context ~ Prince had just made an infamous appearance at the BPI awards flanked by 2 huge minders and treated everybody there with disdain, and got alot of publicity for it}

*NB ~ According to "Autobiography", Morrissey, in an attempt to downplay the status of John Peel as 'discovering' The Smiths ~ he insists it was John Walters {Peel's radio producer} not Peel who was the more instrumental ~ states that he only ever met JP twice in his life. Both times in motorway service stations {an anecdote that Peel would trot out endlessly}. So, unless "Singled Out" was recorded secretly at an M6 Little Chef...

If this is towards me, I actually like some of Moz’s music, just don’t like him personally...

thanks for letting us know. i think most of us will be able to sleep tonight knowing where you stand with morrissey as a person. i will also forward this to morrissey as he was quite worried about your opinion of him (he's been talking about it all quarantine! and he's glad you are a new member here). i know he will thank you for liking some of his music though. it means a lot. just keep playing the hits, okay?!

I know people who have no interest in Moz but I also know people that never liked Prince either so what does that tell you really? Yes, I'M talking to you hengeBoy who has a cute picture of the least talented of all three Marc Almond...f***ing go figure.

I agree with Moz - except - there is something quite cute & fascinating about how fake Prince is. And a bit of funk is fun.

I know people who have no interest in Moz but I also know people that never liked Prince either so what does that tell you really? Yes, I'M talking to you hengeBoy who has a cute picture of the least talented of all three Marc Almond...f***ing go figure.

I have no idea who this...💀 and he’s clearly not in my picture

thanks for letting us know. i think most of us will be able to sleep tonight knowing where you stand with morrissey as a person. i will also forward this to morrissey as he was quite worried about your opinion of him (he's been talking about it all quarantine! and he's glad you are a new member here). i know he will thank you for liking some of his music though. it means a lot. just keep playing the hits, okay?!

I didn’t imply Moz needs to care about my opinions, but thx for putting me in such a high regard...

Hits in comparison of the purple one do you mean?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom