Morrissey Central "OUR ONE TRUE PRINCE" (July 12, 2020)

Screenshot_20200712-162535.jpg

(Full interview link & archive article here at the time - see below).
FWD.

Related items:

Prince did everything by himself from the writing & producing while being an amazing singer & performer

The only thing Moz has going is his already peaked songwriting and awful live vocals

🤒

Fake C, still butt hurt over the stupid punk rock salad drummer?:rolleyes:

I admire Prince's musicianship and there are songs I really like, but I think he was possibly TOO prolific. Apparently there's tons of stuff that's not even seen the light of day. I started reading his biography when he died and noting what was said about there being enough original material to be able to release a new Prince album every year for the foreseeable future.
there was always this mythical story about prince having 500 songs in in his vault that would see the light of day eventually.

Yes, Prince was a great musician and is a legend (they never die). But I find it a bit pathetic, that Morrissey only acknowledges this by pointing out that Prince once mentioned his name in an interview -- quoting him on a very banal and obvious matter.
Well, couldn't Moz be, quite inteligently BTW, switching the yesterday's extensive thread subject (his sexual preferences) to music, musicians and the music industry?

I guess that might be the case, since music, and music related matters are all he's been willing to share with his public all along his carreer.

I agree that he does his own thing, not being willing to compromise etc. but it's very much about "wanting it".
We're talking about Morrissey, who has been obsessed with chart positions ever since he was a little boy, who could recite the position of every single of any artist of a certain period and who has been complaining about his own chart positions throughout his career.
It's very contradictory of course because on the one hand he says chart positions are worthless and therefore meaningless and on the other hand he really wants to be number one but that's Morrissey for you and there's no doubt it still matters a great deal to him.

I just see it as symbolic of a deeper problem - his whole thing that fate & authority is out to get him because everything is a fraud & here is the proof.

And probably the fear beneath that is that he really isn't good enough.

Before he died all I remember about Prince is that he changed his name to Symbol, had a mysterious love life that might have included a baby & gave away an album with the Mail on Sunday.

He was great live.

Who knows why Central posts anything? It hasn't been picked up by the press for over a year & a tweet would get more attention.

Before he died all I remember about Prince is that he changed his name to Symbol, had a mysterious love life that might have included a baby & gave away an album with the Mail on Sunday.

He was great live.

Who knows why Central posts anything? It hasn't been picked up by the press for over a year & a tweet would get more attention.
Maybe it hasn't been picked up by the the press for some time, but always gets full attention from Morrissey-soloists.

Could that be enough?

Sometimes, depending on the circumstances, it might be.

This really winds me up, more than the selling of dead artists LPs and signing them yourself, acting like it’s some homage to Prince, all this is, is a cheap shit shining stunt. “Prince said my name once, therefore I must be ok” - f*** off! digging up some old quote of someone who’s universally adored, and using it as some kind of endorsement for Mozzas character.

I wouldn't get too upset: Morrissey himself knows he's no Prince...

I'd be more concerned about the muddled MC minion who seems to ignore that basic fact of life and consistently tries to link Morrissey to celebrities no longer here to defend themselves.

Let's inform the ignoramus it's Beethoven's special year, and encourage them to look for interesting quotes. Morrissey himself might want to check whether Ludwig ever mentioned him.

You're right, Morrissey, he MUST have, I'm sure it's on the internet somewhere...

The title is a pop at the Royal Family.

The quote is pop at the record industry.

It's unlikely they're trying to use the universally adored Prince to endorse Morrissey's character - whatever they're up to.

I wouldn't get too upset: Morrissey himself knows he's no Prince...

I'd be more concerned about the muddled MC minion who seems to ignore that basic fact of life and consistently tries to link Morrissey to celebrities no longer here to defend themselves.

Let's inform the ignoramus it's Beethoven's special year, and encourage them to look for interesting quotes. Morrissey himself might want to check whether Ludwig ever mentioned him.

You're right, Morrissey, he MUST have, I'm sure it's on the internet somewhere...
You Must Please Remember...Beethoven Was Deaf

The whole post is very much in line with the eulogy Morrissey wrote when Prince died. It was a bit unfortunate but very typical how he compared him to the Queen.

"Prince is the royal that people love, whereas Elizabeth 2 was thrust on the people who have never been asked whether or not they want her."

Personally I think it was a random find and they liked it for obvious reasons and posted it.

I suspect that Morrissey has been increasingly interested in Prince in more recent years, using his music in pre-show tapes and mentioning him on stage and on Central (he mentioned him along Bowie and the Dolls in his post on Little Richard). In the 80s he wasn't very fond of his music and said he was overrated but didn't dislike him.

"Q: What do you think of Prince? He’s a lot sexier than you . . .
M: He’s clinical and impersonal . . . but sexy? I don’t know, I don’t think so . . . On a lyrical level I don’t find him desperately interesting. His beat isn’t very good either. But I don’t dislike him, I find him quite funny and arrogant and confrontational. At the end of the day though, he’s s-l-i-g-h-t-l-y overrated."

I seem to recall more quotes, some more favourable, some rather derogatory, but can't find them right now.

It's just fair enough to change one's opinions 30 odd years later though. And maybe I'm the only one but I can hear some Prince influence on I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, so maybe there was a mention to that effect towards the musicians and Chiccarelli as well, who knows.

Well, couldn't Moz be, quite inteligently BTW, switching the yesterday's extensive thread subject (his sexual preferences) to music, musicians and the music industry?

I guess that might be the case, since music, and music related matters are all he's been willing to share with his public all along his carreer.
No because EVERYTHING that is discussed here really has nothing to do with Morrissey, the thread you mentioned absolutely proves that once and for all.

Prince did not have a mysterious love life. He loved to f*** and he f***ed everyone with a STRONG preference for petite busty women who were his same height. A woman I met at an airport once told me that he was the greatest lover she ever had. He was true f***aholic and he also loved that heroin. This isn't news.

Prince did not have a mysterious love life. He loved to f*** and he f***ed everyone with a STRONG preference for petite busty women who were his same height. A woman I met at an airport once told me that he was the greatest lover she ever had. He was true f***aholic and he also loved that heroin. This isn't news.

Heroin? I thought it was Fentanyl?

Just as worse, though. Sad.

The whole post is very much in line with the eulogy Morrissey wrote when Prince died. It was a bit unfortunate but very typical how he compared him to the Queen.

"Prince is the royal that people love, whereas Elizabeth 2 was thrust on the people who have never been asked whether or not they want her."

Personally I think it was a random find and they liked it for obvious reasons and posted it.

I suspect that Morrissey has been increasingly interested in Prince in more recent years, using his music in pre-show tapes and mentioning him on stage and on Central (he mentioned him along Bowie and the Dolls in his post on Little Richard). In the 80s he wasn't very fond of his music and said he was overrated but didn't dislike him.

"Q: What do you think of Prince? He’s a lot sexier than you . . .
M: He’s clinical and impersonal . . . but sexy? I don’t know, I don’t think so . . . On a lyrical level I don’t find him desperately interesting. His beat isn’t very good either. But I don’t dislike him, I find him quite funny and arrogant and confrontational. At the end of the day though, he’s s-l-i-g-h-t-l-y overrated."

I seem to recall more quotes, some more favourable, some rather derogatory, but can't find them right now.

It's just fair enough to change one's opinions 30 odd years later though. And maybe I'm the only one but I can hear some Prince influence on I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, so maybe there was a mention to that effect towards the musicians and Chiccarelli as well, who knows.

I expect Moz loved Prince's The Artist Formally Known As Prince years when he would go on a show with his face covered, refusing to answer questions & denouncing his record company. And would consider him iconic for that alone.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom