Morrissey Central "OUR ONE TRUE PRINCE" (July 12, 2020)

Screenshot_20200712-162535.jpg

(Full interview link & archive article here at the time - see below).
FWD.

Related items:

Morrissey would have surely had some spicy opinions on Howard given his views on the very similar Thompson Twins.

Morrissey isn’t on any list, with ANY of those artists. Least of, Prince. Prince was galaxies above him. Jesus Christ, Prince has more unreleased, self-written material coming in the next 5 years - dead- than Morrissey’s various hired guns have written over his entire career. Not your mention a stellar band.

Oh... and sales.
Okay moron, here we go. Prince and Morrissey were never in a race to be on any list that defines who is "better", especially a list you've dreamed up in your tiny little mind. Lists are for small people.

Not to dredge the murky canal again but I doubt if Moz ever listens or listened to any Prince songs (I wouldn't either). Seems odd him referencing Prince just because he referenced Moz. Rings hollow to me.

Once again, a post filled with worthless comments while the only one that speaks truth, facts and makes sense is the one from AztecCamera, the voice of our generation.

Not to dredge the murky canal again but I doubt if Moz ever listens or listened to any Prince songs (I wouldn't either). Seems odd him referencing Prince just because he referenced Moz. Rings hollow to me.
Well I can imagine him listening to Prince, so where does that leave us?

Compared to damn Prince of all people, Moz is devoid of talent... fansite or not.

I know this site can be delusional at times but let’s not bend the actual truth.

Prince and Morrissey are probably my two favourite musical artists of all time, with Frank Black (mainly known for his work with Pixies) also in the mix.

In my humble opinion, Prince was a musical genius (i.e. multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, arranger, producer) but he wan't a great lyricist.

In my humble opinion, Morrissey's talent is as a lyricist, who also has a gift for very memorable vocal melodies.

Two very different artists, with different abilities ... but both are talented artists.

Last edited:
Prince and Morrissey are probably my two favourite musical artists of all time, with Frank Black (mainly known for his work with Pixies) also in the mix.

In my humble opinion, Prince was a musical genius (i.e. multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, arranger, producer) but he wan't a great lyricist.

In my humble opinion, Morrissey's talent is as a lyricist, who also has a gift for very memorable vocal melodies.

Two very different artists, with different abilities ... but both are talented artists.
(y)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom