Painting and Drawing

Rifke said this thread was smutty, so I had to come and see for myself. How could I miss this? :D

These are great, Light Housework!
should've known you would be into this :lbf:

It worked! It dried flat! This is paper that buckled on me, using just tape on dry paper. This time, I wet the paper in the kitchen sink, and stapled it to gator board. This was my first time. I bought the board about a week ago, and have been nervous about using it. I am very pleased. At first the paper buckled, but I'd hoped, (without expecting) it to dry flat, and it did, it did dry flat! Now I know how to stretch paper, and don't have to buy expensive paper blocks.
20210302_181959.jpg

My cheap standard size paper doesn't dry buckled much, just from taping it down with masking tape. That's the paper I used on Neil and Eddy/Neil. It's inexpensive but acid free, so it's still good paper, but I've been experimenting, with other paper. A person who works at an art supply store recommended a certain paper, and it buckled, and stayed buckled when dried. I didn't want to waste it, so I invested in gator board and a good office stapler. Another paper I ended up purchasing, is supposed to be painter's choice, but it buckled, and it was disappointing, especially because it's in block form and that's not supposed to happen. Maybe now, I'll rip the papers off the block and staple them, soaking wet, to my board.

Tags
art artwork drama drawing drudgery expression fun fury painting
Back
Top Bottom