Painting and Drawing

After a night of reading, watching a Smiths documentary, and painting.
20211024_060318.jpg

How’s things Shazz??
Okay. Just woke up from a nap. Dreamt I was hanging out with several people, one of them being Morrissey, and there were cats, and my dog Sleepy, and people assembled a big display of purses to give away to anyone who wanted them outside my window on a hill, and I played with a fairly big erection of my very own, even fellated it a bit, and two young people outside my window on the hill saw my secret penis. Fun times.

You use watercolour paints if I'm not mistaken? Do you always stick with that or mix up the mediums?
I used acrylics for a short while years ago. Now I use watercolor, but have a bit of acrylic that I used to paint a sign for a neighbor the other week. I might use acrylics sometime in the future, since someone gave a set of them away, and I picked them up. For now, it's watercolor.

I used acrylics for a short while years ago. Now I use watercolor, but have a bit of acrylic that I used to paint a sign for a neighbor the other week. I might use acrylics sometime in the future, since someone gave a set of them away, and I picked them up. For now, it's watercolor.
Interesting. I've dabbled in art most of my life, but shunned painting when I was younger. I hated acrylics and tolerated water colour. But it fell into place when I discovered oils - really love them, and you can use them alongside oil pastels which opens up a lot of interesting techniques. What appeals to you the most about watercolours?

Interesting. I've dabbled in art most of my life, but shunned painting when I was younger. I hated acrylics and tolerated water colour. But it fell into place when I discovered oils - really love them, and you can use them alongside oil pastels which opens up a lot of interesting techniques. What appeals to you the most about watercolours?
Watercolor paints are easy to clean up after, and they're not as bad for the water as acrylics, but I often paint on watercolor ground, which is an acrylic surface. So my reasons for preferring watercolors are the ones I just mentioned, plus, no fumes.

Are you self taught, Red? I really like your style of painting. I dabble a bit - mostly with acrylics. I'm not very good with watercolors.
I took a very laid back acrylics class years ago, but I was left to my own devices, so I read library books on color mixing etc. I've forgotten most of it. Watercolor is tricky, but if you let your sense of humor dominate the experience, it's worthwhile stumbling through it.