Paris 24/09/2020 cancellation confirmed by Morrissey's cousin

sorry
does anyone know whether paris septemeber gig will happen
official info seems to be that it will
but to me it seems rather unlikely
and here i am with a ticket...

Posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

According to Jay (Morrissey's cousin) on Twitter yesterday it won't.

57407_bf3addf2b11d427c522a6d5a7d721d7e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who thought this show was going ahead next week really needs to have their head examined. It’s a global pandemic. 4/5 of his band were coming from the US from hotspot COVID states. Not the greatest idea for them to travel. Morrissey’s mother died a month ago. I don’t see a lot of positive signs of a show here. It’s up to the promoter to tell you it’s cancelled, not the band. That’s part of the promoter’s job. I’ve had 4 other shows cancelled/rescheduled this summer and I heard it from TM or the promoter. That Jay answered was beyond the scope of his job and a pretty decent thing to do. I have tickets for Hammerstein tomorrow and the thought never even entered my mind that I was going. Didn’t book hotel, take the day off to drive there, nothing. Common sense.

Common sense.

...and Morrissey? Since when?
Again, I didn't fully expect him to do death like everybody else.

He could still find a guitarist and do an acoustic set. If he thought singing in public was therapeutic. But he probably doesn't.
As for timing, well, nobody knows how long it takes for a particular person to stop grieving. I guess it also depends on what you think you have to live for.

...and Morrissey? Since when?
Again, I didn't fully expect him to do death like everybody else.

He could still find a guitarist and do an acoustic set. If he thought singing in public was therapeutic. But he probably doesn't.
As for timing, well, nobody knows how long it takes for a particular person to stop grieving. I guess it also depends on what you think you have to live for.

The common sense isn't on Morrissey's part, it's on the part of any fan who thought any show, Morrissey or not, was going to go ahead now. Common sense also tells you, if you know Morrissey at all, that he's not going to work with any musician for the first time just to play a one-off show in Paris in the middle of a pandemic. Honestly, I think lockdown has really gone to some your brains.

The common sense isn't on Morrissey's part, it's on the part of any fan who thought any show, Morrissey or not, was going to go ahead now. Common sense also tells you, if you know Morrissey at all, that he's not going to work with any musician for the first time just to play a one-off show in Paris in the middle of a pandemic. Honestly, I think lockdown has really gone to some your brains.

Well I don't know Morrissey at all, mercifully, but I feel I'm on intimate terms with his nephew now. I've just seen him next to a bowl of guacamole, which sort of makes me an expert on all things Morrissey.

I can't see why Sam couldn't quickly learn how to play guitar and accompany his uncle. I mean, how hard can "Kumbaya" be?

Too hard for Sam?

...Okay. You win.

(PS: Morrissey and Sam don't believe there's a pandemic.They believe it's Robert Smith playing with sniffing powder.)

I must take the train to Paris in 2 days : I need to know !!!!!

I must take the train to Paris in 2 days : I need to know !!!!!
I'll be taking a train from London and all that Salle Pleyel has told me was that in the current situation it's likely to be postponed or cancelled, but they can't say for certain just yet and an official announcement will be made "soon".

Also, it's not a huge venue, their capacity is 2,000 and the current French lockdown rules (last updated on the 14th of September) imply a strict ban on mass gatherings of above 5,000 people per venue only - so legally it could potentially go ahead. The lack of definite announcement is frustrating.

I'll be taking a train from London and all that Salle Pleyel has told me was that in the current situation it's likely to be postponed or cancelled, but they can't say for certain just yet and an official announcement will be made "soon".

Also, it's not a huge venue, their capacity is 2,000 and the current French lockdown rules (last updated on the 14th of September) imply a strict ban on mass gatherings of above 5,000 people per venue only - so legally it could potentially go ahead. The lack of definite announcement is frustrating.

I'd trust the cousin on this one.
The only activity we're likely to see this year is middle-finger posts on Central, from some triggered puppet...Not even from the Master of middle fingers himself.
Yep. Save yourself the trouble of travelling in these troubled times.

Morrissey might not be, but Paris will more or less always be there..If that's any consolation. ("-Meh.")
;)

In France, I'm living here, all the venues for rock concerts having a pit, an era when people are standing in front of the stage, saw their capacity reduced by 2. YOu have to respect a minimum of distance of 1 meter between each person.
The promotor can't ask half of the persons having access to the pit to stay outside in the street. And in theaters with seats, a free seat has to bet between each attendee.
The French Live Nation promotor really doesn't make their job, they should have edited a press statement.

He just needs to turn up with Boz, play a quick 7 song acoustic set, pocket the money and leave.

I just phoned at the Salle Pleyel (on september 21 at 18h45 PM) and for the moment the concert is not canceled, and you can buy seats !!
Who to believe !!!

I just phoned at the Salle Pleyel (on september 21 at 18h45 PM) and for the moment the concert is not canceled, and you can buy seats !!
Who to believe !!!

You can still buy them on Ticketmaster as well. Its all very odd and it makes it difficult for people who are having to book travel/hotels etc

Boz is happily enjoying Marmelete, Portugal with zero sign of movement.
As per the rest of the band Stateside.
FWD.

Boz is happily enjoying Marmelete, Portugal with zero sign of movement.
As per the rest of the band Stateside.
'Morrissey - the one man show, live in Paris. An intimate evening of a cappella songs, interspersed with anecdotes from his career, plus an audience question and answer section. Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster'.
Let's face it - he's getting to be about the age to do a sit down sofa show. This could be the start of an entire new chapter of Morrissey live! :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom