"Paris" midweek - top 20

Not really - As I said, physical singles are a veritable wasteland now. Away from the internet, barely anywhere stocks them (HMV might be the only major chain now...) which is very different even to 2006. No one is going to bother with a Morrissey track digitally a week before the album arrives, he's just not the sort of artist who appeals to the single track chart downloaders.

Not even all hmv stores stock singles now!

Yeah, because quality is a real barometre to sales. That's why the quite hideous, - and I'm being incredibly generous here - very scarcely talented Lily Allen reigns supreme in the singles chart, followed by a cheap Madonna impersonater.

And as for Springsteen, well, he's been a mainstream megastar since the early 80s. He may not be given blanket coverage by yoof outlets like Radio 1 (something which, bizarrely, U2 and the Red Hot Chili Peppers will forever be able to count on) but he's still a blockbuster stadium star & cannot realistically be compared to Morrissey. The two exist in different worlds.

I suspect that Springsteen's worst selling album of the past two decades was several times as successful as You Are The Quarry.

Springsteen is past it, really just not relevant anymore. That's if he ever was, i really don't know what people see in his music.

Tags
charts paris top 20 top 40
Back
Top Bottom