Paso Robles, California cancelled/postponed to 2018 due to inoperative on-stage heating

Tonight Paso Robles off .

Posted by baby j:

Morrissey goes low in Paso Robles..The announcement came at about 8:12p that the show was going to be postponed & rescheduled in 2018 due to an inoperative projector. Did I really drive all this way just to hear you say I don't want to sing tonight because your projector's broken?

Shortly before the announcement I had a feeling that it was getting too cold for him to sing.

Posted by beewee:

Show cancelled, postponed for a date in 2018. Lady came on the PA and stated on-stage heating not working. It was cold, about 48F and getting colder.

UPDATE Dec. 4:

Paso Robles officially cancelled according to email from Ticketmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps this was covered in an earlier comment (I haven't read them all) but I sure hope that whatever the actual story is about the cancellation that the band gets paid regardless, for this show and the rescheduled one. Maybe the band ought to see if some company offers cancellation insurance for musicians, since this happens so often! :)

48 degrees is like a hot day in Scotland where its always f***ing freezing.no wonder so many people commit hari kiri.

Don’t blame shit on the venue, as people who book shows ask and request things for the show before hand they should have know what the venue was like. This isn’t the first time this happens with Morrissey where the shows is canceled an hour or 2 before hand or he plays a few songs and then walks off stage to never come back out, so it’s the venues fault every single time he cancels maybe it’s not the place to put the blame on since most places remain the same for years but maybe you should just place blame on the person who was suppose to play there..

You seem okay with the fact that people showed up, some traveling long distance to see him, waited for an hour, purchased merchandise and was excited for the show, only to get f***ed over at the last minute. Morrissey knew this show wasn’t going to happen. The cancellation should have gone out earlier in the day. In fact, the show should not have been scheduled at all.

I used to live in the California desert, Jehne. It does get cold at night, but 48 degrees is not freezing, not at all, and he would have been fine.

It does get cold at night in the desert. But it is not cold inside if the air is properly heated for comfort. Is this an outdoor venue? Am I missing something? I don't know how long he knew the heat was busted before cancelling. He may cancel Phoenix. Maybe it will be too hot and the air conditioning will be broken. Of course I feel bad for the concert goers being letdown and inconvenienced. But I would never perform in 48 degrees. So If I wouldn't be willing to do it why would I expect Moz to?

U2 Live at Red Rocks is one of the best concert recordings of all time. Look how you can see the band members' breath in the cold temperatures. Notice their short sleeve shirts. Working class Irish boys raised on punk rock like Bono and Moz can handle a little cold, no?

They should have put this on the screen:

EXIT, EXIT, MORRISSEY IS HEADING FOR THE EXIT...

Are you trying to say Morrissey loves money because he lets his fans by the merchandise before canceling or are you saying something else?
In your opinion?
It seems to me inapropriate that fans spending their money at the merchandising, after spending money in gas and food and ticket(s), for finaly a cancelled show. Almost a lack of respect for these fans.
Disapointed...
We'll see that at the the Hollywood Bowl's gigs.... or not!

E6213FFC-9A69-44E3-9E4C-60B8815E4E22.jpeg
915BF258-1008-4967-895E-AA553C893189.jpeg
These 2 simple things could have saved the Paso show from being canceled all available at your local Walmart.

Malfunctioning heater is an excuse by Morrissey or Vina Robles PR people- One of my friends who works at the venue sent me this message this morning-

There is and has never been a stage heater at Vina Robles and nothing was in his rider that demanded heat be provided, we have 6 portable propane heaters on site the tour opted not to use. Edie Brickel and Steve Martin performed in similar cold weather conditions a few years back (and opted for onstage propane heaters) It's just his excuse and apparently what he does.

Please note that Ketamine Sun is processing your post and is currently fabricating a response in her cauldron.

Excuses are like assholes everyone got one. It’s a f***ing heater he can toss on a f***ing jacket and perform or buy some heaters at the local Walmart and put them around stage also it didn’t stop his fans from putting on jackets and paying money to go see his ass. It’s people and fans like you that enable his diva attitude where he can cancel shows on fans on whim because he doesn’t feel like doing the show.

Heat Is Murder

Trudging Slowly Over Quicksand

On cancelling
I can't believe this world is still turning
Just say the heaters aren't on
Because the pleasure of a free pay check hasn't gone
And I'm
Not sorry for
For the things I've done
And I'm not looking for
An Uber driver to take me home
Because
Home is a question mark
And I haven't got one

I was on the fence about driving 200 miles to Paso Robles, in hind sight i am glad i didnt!
I was at the show at the Greek and at the Hollywood Bowl in the 90's when only played 4-6 songs, then left the stage never to return. Truly, Truly Disappointed!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, Ha ha ha ha ha, Ha ha ha ha ha oh ho ho ho, Ha ha ha ha ha, Ha ha ha ha ha...

Excuses are like assholes everyone got one. It’s a f***ing heater he can toss on a f***ing jacket and perform or buy some heaters at the local Walmart and put them around stage also it didn’t stop his fans from putting on jackets and paying money to go see his ass. It’s people and fans like you that enable his diva attitude where he can cancel shows on fans on whim because he doesn’t feel like doing the show.

Don't recommend that. Harvey Weinstein got into big trouble for trying shit like that.

I wouldn't get on stage and sing in 45 fing degrees, good call Moz!

THANK YOU. Nice to have information from someone who was actually there. :thumb:

this venue has some questions still to answer, very unprofessional, especially when dealing with a living legend.

Steven( Paddy Wacker) Morrissey has little to no work ethic but you people still want to fund Diesel and Paddy Wacker's lifestyle.

U2 Live at Red Rocks is one of the best concert recordings of all time. Look how you can see the band members' breath in the cold temperatures. Notice their short sleeve shirts. Working class Irish boys raised on punk rock like Bono and Moz can handle a little cold, no?

Ha, yes. https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

Weather History for Denver
Sunday, June 5, 1983

Actual Temperature
Mean 49 °F
Max 55 °F
Min 43 °F

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom