Paul McCartney Twitter/blog mentions Morrissey & Linda McCartney corresponding (August 3, 2019)

"Paul: Yeah! She liked the attitude more than anything. She and Morrissey used to correspond quite a lot. I never really saw the letters, but they both sort of had similar attitudes about animal welfare. She was very punky in her attitude. We never got around to it, but she would have liked to have done something a bit more… [Paul impersonates a very aggressive punk track!] That kind of thing! She would have liked that, but we never got around to it, as I said."

Full interview containing the above quote:

https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/you-gave-me-the-answer-wide-prairie

Then cited here:

mccartneymorrissey.jpg

https://www.alternativenation.net/paul-mccartney-reveals-morrissey-did-to-wife/

Regards,
FWD.

She gets one mention in Autobiography for being supportive of Suedehead:

"Suedehead, the first solo single, glides into the chart at number 6, selling 75,000 copies in its first week. There are no congratulations from either Geoff Travis or Gill Smith – both eager pallbearers two months previously.
A surprise letter from Linda McCartney:
Good one number 6!!!!!! If you ever want to do a song for the animals, get in touch.
Love, Linda."

Regards,
FWD.

Morrissey was also awarded PETA's Linda McCartney Memorial Award in 2005:

Paul McCartney Reveals What Morrissey Did To His Wife

The Beatles icon Paul McCartney said during a recent live conversation that former The Smiths frontman Morrissey wrote letters to his late wife, Linda McCartney. A drunk photo of Paul McCartney at a big name wedding recently resurfaced.

“She and Morrissey used to correspond quite a lot. I never really saw the letters, but they both sort of had similar attitudes about animal welfare. She was very punky in her attitude. We never got around to it, but she would have liked to have done something a bit more… [Paul impersonates a very aggressive track!] That kind of thing! She would have liked that, but we never got around to it, as I said.”

McCartney was recently disrespected by a surprising girl after saying: ‘I’m famous!” He continued in the live conversation, “But, that was the thing: we should get an album together and really let her stretch out with all the stuff she loved to do. So, there’s a lot of stuff she’d written that I wanted her to do and she wanted to do. And the New Orleans thing came from our visit there during the Venus and Mars time.

There are all sorts of things, ‘I Got Up’ was when we went to Paris did that track in a studio there. ‘Mr Sandman’ and ‘Sugartime’ were backing tracks that we asked Lee Perry – the great reggae producer and artist – to do. We had this idea to see if he would be interested in making some backing tracks in Jamaica that he could then send over to us. And we would just finish them up and put vocals on them, and stuff. So that was a very exciting idea. It was very exciting getting those original tracks…”

This is cool. I really liked Paul and Linda's relationship and the way they represented themselves. I was actually listening to Tug of War today in my car. Underrated PM album

Does Morrissey ever mention Paul McCartney ever? I was curious because i don't think i know of him ever discussing The Beatles at all.

Talks a little about McCartney "regarded as the last living Beatle."

In this Billboard interview, he considers the Beatles to have written "four great songs."

In one of his pre-Smiths letters, he laments the shocking death of John Lennon - although admits to not owning any of his records.

Those are the three instances off the top of my head.

Paul McCartney Reveals What Morrissey Did To His Wife

The Beatles icon Paul McCartney said during a recent live conversation that former The Smiths frontman Morrissey wrote letters to his late wife, Linda McCartney. A drunk photo of Paul McCartney at a big name wedding recently resurfaced.

“She and Morrissey used to correspond quite a lot. I never really saw the letters, but they both sort of had similar attitudes about animal welfare. She was very punky in her attitude. We never got around to it, but she would have liked to have done something a bit more… [Paul impersonates a very aggressive track!] That kind of thing! She would have liked that, but we never got around to it, as I said.”

McCartney was recently disrespected by a surprising girl after saying: ‘I’m famous!” He continued in the live conversation, “But, that was the thing: we should get an album together and really let her stretch out with all the stuff she loved to do. So, there’s a lot of stuff she’d written that I wanted her to do and she wanted to do. And the New Orleans thing came from our visit there during the Venus and Mars time.

There are all sorts of things, ‘I Got Up’ was when we went to Paris did that track in a studio there. ‘Mr Sandman’ and ‘Sugartime’ were backing tracks that we asked Lee Perry – the great reggae producer and artist – to do. We had this idea to see if he would be interested in making some backing tracks in Jamaica that he could then send over to us. And we would just finish them up and put vocals on them, and stuff. So that was a very exciting idea. It was very exciting getting those original tracks…”

What Morrissey "did to" his wife. From the title alone, you'd guess Morrissey had shoved Linda off a roof or something. Shameless clickbaiting.

Talks a little about McCartney "regarded as the last living Beatle."

In this Billboard interview, he considers the Beatles to have written "four great songs."

In one of his pre-Smiths letters, he laments the shocking death of John Lennon - although admits to not owning any of his records.

Those are the three instances off the top of my head.

Thanks. Good interview. Though, i find him saying The Beatles only having 4 great songs more offensive than anything i've heard him say in the last 3 years

Does Morrissey ever mention Paul McCartney ever? I was curious because i don't think i know of him ever discussing The Beatles at all.
He did say he liked a few Beatles songs in an early radio interview and once said Paul was his favourite Beatle.

"Morrissey wrote a postcard to Linda McCartney asking her to play piano on Frankly, Mr Shankly, but she said no. She just said she couldn't do it, we would have loved for her to do it because we were big fans of hers."

Thanks. Good interview. Though, i find him saying The Beatles only having 4 great songs more offensive than anything i've heard him say in the last 3 years
Which 4...

"Paul: Yeah! She liked the attitude more than anything. She and Morrissey used to correspond quite a lot. I never really saw the letters, but they both sort of had similar attitudes about animal welfare. She was very punky in her attitude. We never got around to it, but she would have liked to have done something a bit more… [Paul impersonates a very aggressive punk track!] That kind of thing! She would have liked that, but we never got around to it, as I said."

Full interview containing the above quote:

https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/you-gave-me-the-answer-wide-prairie

Then cited here:

View attachment 51370

Regards,
FWD.

Pussywhipped nerd/Rightwing turd. 100% horrible.

What Morrissey "did to" his wife. From the title alone, you'd guess Morrissey had shoved Linda off a roof or something. Shameless clickbaiting.
100%. I saw it yesterday and thought 'Holy shit, what accusations are they gonna say now' but of course it was clickbait fearmongering fake news. Its like Sky News going on about the dam that might burst. You can easily imagine them hoping it butsts and kills people so they can have a news scoup.

[QUOTE="Amy, post: 1987204217, member: 2821"
Hi Amy Smiths Fan Canada
Yeah! Lynn Got A Lot of Stick Just Playing with Paul RE: Infamous Hay Jude SoundBoard Bootleg! HER Famous quote to Nay Sayers: Stick N Stones will Break My Bones But Words Break My Heart So who Listens?
YOU Try learning a Keyboard Play Live w X Beatle Raise a Family GO on the Road Make Your own Clothes Involve w AR causes while Taking FAB Concert Pics. Being a Woman in a Very Male Dominated Industry.
No Thanks. I would Have Cracked under the Pressure.
Great to Know about HER doing the keys FMS Song. Fits in with her Anti-Media Rant.
With Good Reason.
FYI Blessed w Meeting HER Daughter at Art Gallery Here in Toronto Mary. She Walked Right UP to me Touched my Leica M4 and Exclaimed. That's A Really Good Camera. I was Stunned.
I Responded Yr Mums been A Real Inspiration.
She STILL (Pun Intended!) Does. My ART Muse.
MEAT IS Murder. GO Veggie. NO to GM Crap Food.
Love & Respect to all The Smiths fans. All of YOU brave souls w AR Causes. Blessings OF The Highest Order.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom