Paul Weller Spits on Sting

Funny he did that (not haha) they're both in the same boat really and i think Paul just proved stings point, I dislike both of them and hope they drown in spit.

What were you arguing about?

I was waiting by the 'big board' for my train with the commuting masses when two guys hauling suitcases just barged their way through the crowd, including me.

Not one to take a shoulder charge from some rude ignoramus lightly , I turned round to see it was in fact Paul Weller and an older man (I assume this was his dad, as I believe his dad is also his manager). I chastised him for his aberrant behaviour in robust language and for the next 15 seconds or so flurries of naughty words clashed in the air like Battle of Britain fighter planes.

However, just as in 'Eton Rifles' the man Weller was sent fleeing by a bigger boy, albeit one of working class origins.

Trouble with people like Paul Weller and Mark E Smith is their childish behaviour is applauded by fans and critics alike. It's seen as them having an edge when in real life they would just be the pub joke.

Trouble with people like Paul Weller and Mark E Smith is their childish behaviour is applauded by fans and critics alike. It's seen as them having an edge when in real life they would just be the pub joke.

With respect MES hasn't pretended to be a man of the people. ANyone see that crap programme the other night where Mr Smith was asked what Liverpool bands he liked?

THE REYNOLDS GIRLS!!!

I think even less of Weller now that I've heard The Jam's "Start" being used to sell Cadillacs. :mad:

To be fair, Sting has let his music be used in two seperate car ads in the past whilst claiming to be environmentally aware. He even appeared in one of these ads.

I was waiting by the 'big board' for my train with the commuting masses when two guys hauling suitcases just barged their way through the crowd, including me.

Not one to take a shoulder charge from some rude ignoramus lightly , I turned round to see it was in fact Paul Weller and an older man (I assume this was his dad, as I believe his dad is also his manager). I chastised him for his aberrant behaviour in robust language and for the next 15 seconds or so flurries of naughty words clashed in the air like Battle of Britain fighter planes.

However, just as in 'Eton Rifles' the man Weller was sent fleeing by a bigger boy, albeit one of working class origins.

:D

I think even less of Weller now that I've heard The Jam's "Start" being used to sell Cadillacs. :mad:

i can perfectly understand you. it was even worst for me when 'Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want' was used in italy to sell beer. someone called me at 10 pm (the middle of the night for me) and i couldn't believe it...but it was true: Tu*#@g if memory serves me well.

awesome story
icon14.gif

I like Paul Weller, although I dont know him personally....

To be fair, Sting has let his music be used in two seperate car ads in the past whilst claiming to be environmentally aware. He even appeared in one of these ads.:D

Sure, but Sting never pretended to believe in anything except Sting so that is to be expected. But it's also true that The Clash scoped Weller out back in 1978 when they sang about The Jam in "White Man At The Hammersmith Palais,"

The new groups are not concerned
With what there is to be learned
They got Burton suits, ha you think it's funny
Turning rebellion into money

The Jam were much better than The Clash, i'd rather wear a cheap suit than look like joe strummer.
Apart from three songs- Londons calling, Daddy was a bank robber and Rock the casba- their stuff was very over rated. Mr strummer, in my mind, is your typical middle class twit ( the son of a well to do vicar, don't you know) trying very hard to be street. The music prees loved them of couse- because the music press world is full of middle class twits.

Back
Top Bottom