"Penguin Classics: why are they publishing Morrissey's autobiography?" - The Guardian

Yeah, why *didn't* The Guardian think of that? (See quotes below.)

And Penguin played ball. "It could be published as a Penguin Classic," they argued, "because it is a classic in the making."

Of course. Why didn't I think of that? When Penguin unveiled the beatific cover image of the great man, they declared: "Most pop stars have to be dead before they reach the iconic status Morrissey has reached in his lifetime."

I know I'm a bit sad but I'm getting more and more excited about finally reading the autobiography. I really hope it lives up to the anticipation. I'm sure it will be very witty and Wildean. Also reasonably sure it will say next to nothing about his life.

uhmm... Who cares--time will tell. In the end much ado about nothing.

Apparently some people is being snobbish and complaining about Penguin Classics publishing Morrissey's autobiography. I found VERY BAD that some people is giving opinions already before reading the book. It is not even out yet! Morrissey is a great song writer and I think he will surprise us all greatly with his autobiography.
SNOBISM KILLS CULTURE!!

I know I'm a bit sad but I'm getting more and more excited about finally reading the autobiography. I really hope it lives up to the anticipation. I'm sure it will be very witty and Wildean. Also reasonably sure it will say next to nothing about his life.

Absolutely agree. I really can't see him giving anything away about his life, that he hasn't already given away.

Apparently some people is being snobbish and complaining about Penguin Classics publishing Morrissey's autobiography. I found VERY BAD that some people is giving opinions already before reading the book. It is not even out yet! Morrissey is a great song writer and I think he will surprise us all greatly with his autobiography.
SNOBISM KILLS CULTURE!!

Being critical and asking for high levels of quality kills culture? No way, Sweetie. It's rather "Britain's Got Talent", or "British Idol" which kill culture.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom