Percussion Discussion: Chad Smith says "just finished a Morrissey album" - Iggy Pop guests on it (February 20, 2021)

Screenshot_20210416-192611~2.png

That came from left field.
Chad states that Iggy Pop features on the Morrissey album also.
Playing the above video should go to the right point.

"The controversial Morrissey..." :)

It would have gone in the 'Strange...' thread, but if it is the first mention of any new material - it should be separate.

Marked as rumour until more details become available.

Regards,
FWD.

The interview was February 20th.

i always think why would you lie about something like this.lets face it M and the band have had a long time to do this.would definitely be a new sound with andrew watt on board.always liked chicarellis production as well.

Morrissey has more than enough money in the bank to finance his own recordings, then shop around for a deal where he can license the release through a label - it's not that uncommon, and effective allows artists to effectively own their work. So I'm perfectly happy to believe this. Of course, there's a fair chance that these are more along the lines of demos than a finished album, and who knows whether the whole thing might end up getting reworked/scrapped before we hear ever hear it.

Again, hypothetically, the world has been relatively landlocked for a year+, Morrissey is known to have last been seen in a US hotel which is less than 3 miles away from Sunset Sound...
The main band are all spread everywhere and only a couple are in Ca. Matt is over on the East coast and Chad is in and out of Sunset Sound constantly - so available.
Not a huge leap to see how this may have come about.
Any information either way will appear here as soon as it surfaces.
FWD.

Interesting combination given Jesse's brief RHCP history.

3 minutes ago:

Screenshot_20210416-211820~2.png

Speak of the Devil :)
👋 waves at Jesse.
FWD.

:)
SKINNY TROLLS ARE GOING TO EXPOLDE OVER THIS NEWS IGGY POP MAKING A MOZ RECORD!!!:thumb:

Confirmed! More 'thin gruel' of a new star-studded album from the celebrated artist MORRISSEY.

It must be true? He didn't sound like he was joking & his memory couldn't be that bad!

It would be fabulous if Morrissey’s been quietly working on new material.💕

Morrissey has more than enough money in the bank to finance his own recordings, then shop around for a deal where he can license the release through a label - it's not that uncommon, and effective allows artists to effectively own their work. So I'm perfectly happy to believe this. Of course, there's a fair chance that these are more along the lines of demos than a finished album, and who knows whether the whole thing might end up getting reworked/scrapped before we hear ever hear it.

:thumb:

of course, Moz is flush with green.:moneybag::moneybag:
Iggy Pop is not going to make a demo FFS👌

this is very important new news. Notice Moz has not gone out and babbled nonsense like 👉💂‍♀️👈 who makes self promoting twitter posts about a so called new cd that doesnt exist.✍️

Endorsed by Jesse, it must be true. And he got Iggy Pop to sing with him, wow!
I wasn't expecting a new Morrissey album in the making so soon after IANADOAC, but this post made my day.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom