People are the Same
I know it's over
Satellite of Love
I'm throwing My Arms Around Paris
Ouija Board
Meat is Murder
-----
Encore - One day goodbye will be farewell

Nice and lite on Smiths tunes (plus) and lite on the last few years (double plus good)
I've made a playlist up for Mrs Lastparty to enjoy on the train up to Inverness tomorrow :)

I feel completely underwhelmed by this setlist, fair do's with the opening half (up to Alma) but the second half looks dull as dishwater. Did the show sag that much as one fears from reading the setlist? And three new songs in a row, was there a queue at the bar? (Were they better than the session versions?)

Any banter, general mood and atmos? I heard he didn't strip, is this true? And 75mins again...

Are we all just going through the motions?

hm,i don't think the setlist is too bad. especially like the smiths songs...
how likely is it that moz will change the setlist again?! i hope so much to see there is a light on monday in dunfermline... :)

I feel completely underwhelmed by this setlist, fair do's with the opening half (up to Alma) but the second half looks dull as dishwater. Did the show sag that much as one fears from reading the setlist? And three new songs in a row, was there a queue at the bar? (Were they better than the session versions?)

Any banter, general mood and atmos? I heard he didn't strip, is this true? And 75mins again...

Are we all just going through the motions?

Yawnnnn...... he hasn't played for a couple of years and he owes you nothing, but still you whine. We all know that these same whiners and whingers will be up at the front having the time of their lives at various dates throughout the tour, but tonight you must complain as it makes you feel better about not being there.

Well I enthused about Birmingham as reports came through and look what happened after that, so I thought I'd complain this time.

I'm sure I'll have a good time, if I can be arsed to travel 200 miles for 75 minutes of nostalgia. I've got to get back for a dental appointment at midday the day after as well.

Primal Scream are doing thier nostalgia thing 400 metres from where I live so I could feasibly go to the dentists after that but getting an NHS dentist these days is murder.

Well,the old bugger still has it ! GREAT gig , much much better than the last tour. He hardly spoke just went through the songs in double quick time. Had a feel of a warm up gig before Glastonbury,which with this set list should go down pretty well.
If he dropped the 3 new songs ,Alma and Ouiji and replaced them with,e.g.Playboys,Interesting Drug and a sMiths tune,he would have Glastonbury in his hands.
Think Julie Christie was the backdrop. He changed into a rather sparkly "blouse" like shirt for the encore.
The new songs worked really well live,very thrashy.
All in all a BIG thumbs up.
(the band are still crap,though apart from their ending of Meat Is Murder which was fab)

Oh,he changed the lyrics of "Satellite" to " I HATE to watch things on TV" Also changed the melody to You Have Killed Me and lyrics to Meat Is Murder which was performed with suitably horrendous images playing on the backdrop. But i'll stay a meat eater,Mozzer.

I bet the drive to Inverness through the Cairngorms National Park is beautiful. For those driving there.

(Jealous. :o)

Eff this symbols gig. I'm packing up my dog and canaries and moving to Broom of Dalreoch. It sounds like a clean place. :p

Bleh. Ignore me. I'm being Dalwhinnie. :)

cool set list, excited to hear the satellite of love cover regardless of how it sounds. stoked that speedway and ouija board are back and that he played i know it's over. i would drop/replace meat is murder, there is a light, and the new songs but beggars can't be choosers and the other stuff makes up for it.

seems to be lots of conflicting reports from last night, from a drab gig with a moody moz, to an electrifying affair, or ending with an emotional, i know its over, i think this says that moz was moz, and peoples expectations varied,

looking forward to grimsby and hoping for a manchester, :D

Oh,he didn't introduce the band and with little "chat",maybe getting his timings set for Glasto ?

First half looks great, second half not so great but Speedway, I know its over and Meat is murder will do for me...

set list looks good to me, but i probably wouldnt have put the new songs altogether, still bet it will chop and change a few times as usual......oh and bluebirds saw public image ,and you were right best night in ages

set list looks good to me, but i probably wouldnt have put the new songs altogether, still bet it will chop and change a few times as usual......oh and bluebirds saw public image ,and you were right best night in ages

I presume he heard of the criticism from this site and did it to annoy people! It probably explains his apparent bad mood too. Very nice set list though and I can't wait to see footage of "I Know It's Over"...

Back
Top Bottom