Pete Shelley has died

Oh no.

Pete Shelley.

Buzzcocks singer Pete Shelley dies at 63 - BBC News
Buzzcocks lead singer Pete Shelley has died at 63 of a suspected heart attack.

45233_pete_shelley.jpg

Link to Morrissey's cover of "You Say You Don't Love Me" by The Buzzcocks posted by Surface:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. What a story. So you had a feeling from the start that it was doomed... I can't imagine being in that situation. I think I'd want to get blotto, too. I wonder what was going through your ex-wife's head at the time - do you think she knew you felt like that? Four years married seems like quite a while, in those circumstances.
We're good friends now, but since I was working nights, and she was working nights I would venture to say
that both of us learned a lesson and were happy for the do-over.

Terrible news, saw them twice this year in Manchester & Belfast. Saw them back in the day supported by Joy Division. Legendary band and a brilliant writer. Perfect three minute pop/rock. Pete will be missed. He already is. If you don't know the Buzzcocks then find them, life is way too short to not hear their songs..

RIP Pete.

We're good friends now, but since I was working nights, and she was working nights I would venture to say
that both of us learned a lesson and were happy for the do-over.
keep hi jacking the thread prick, no one gives a f*** about you and your imaginary ex wife. Take the hint and f*** off.

keep hi jacking the thread prick, no one gives a f*** about you and your imaginary ex wife. Take the hint and f*** off.
Nah, I'm good thanks. And you're an impolite little turnip that needs to learn manners.

Nah, I'm good thanks. And you're an impolite little turnip that needs to learn manners.

Well if you know anything about punk you’d know manners mean f*** all in this world. The thread is about Pete Shelley not you. And no you’re not good you’re a lying sack of shit to put it politely. c***.

We're good friends now, but since I was working nights, and she was working nights I would venture to say that both of us learned a lesson and were happy for the do-over.

I'm not sure I quite understand, but I'll take your word for it...

I inherited a copy of Love Bites as a kid and adored it (still do).
Great band - sad news.
Regards,
FWD.

Poached from the MEN:
"Lesser Free Trade Hall, June 4, 1976
It’s a date that’s seared in Manchester musical history. Pete Shelley and his Buzzcocks bandmate Howard Devoto organised the seminal Sex Pistols gig at the Lesser Free Trade Hall on Peter Street on June 4, 1976. Just 40 people were there on the night, but legend has all went on to form a band. In the audience were Peter Hook and Morrissey. Tony Wilson, Ian Curtis and Mark E. Smith were at the return show six weeks later. The gigs ignited Manchester’s punk scene, inspired a generation of musicians and led to Factory Records, the Hacienda and Madchester. We’ve got Pete Shelley to thank for all that."

A collation of tributes via the Manchester Evening News:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/buzzcocks-pete-shelley-dead-heart-15518344

Last edited:
Pete Shelley is dead and this is the top story?
Folks around here pontificate on the drivel Morrissey spews, so - f*** YEAH.

Raise a glass to the bigger, better man! Unlike the namesake of this f***ing shit-show, he’ll be missed!

Take the hint from whom, tough guy?

f***ing LOADS of keyboard jizz being bandied about by tiny-wee pussy tards ‘round here, eh?

Well if you know anything about punk you’d know manners mean f*** all in this world. The thread is about Pete Shelley not you. And no you’re not good you’re a lying sack of shit to put it politely. c***.
You know how when somebody you know dies, you raise a pint and reminisce, tell a story about you and them and remember them fondly? Probably not, because you don't seem like you have many friends to mourn, or who would mourn you with that attitude. And no, I didn't know Pete personally. Never met the guy, but I always enjoyed his music and influence on music. But if you must know, drinks at Double Down August 7th, 2007, Married on August 8th, 2007, and divorce finalized August 8th (yes, it was poetic that it was the anniversary) 2012. Not that it's any skin off of my ass if you don't believe me.

You know how when somebody you know dies, you raise a pint and reminisce, tell a story about you and them and remember them fondly? Probably not, because you don't seem like you have many friends to mourn, or who would mourn you with that attitude. And no, I didn't know Pete personally. Never met the guy, but I always enjoyed his music and influence on music. But if you must know, drinks at Double Down August 7th, 2007, Married on August 8th, 2007, and divorce finalized August 8th (yes, it was poetic that it was the anniversary) 2012. Not that it's any skin off of my ass if you don't believe me.
You’re full of shit, and I know you’re full of shit! I’ve been listening to your crap for a while now and you consistently pontificate about other people you know nothing about with anecdotes that make no sense whatsoever. You’re a liar and inventing dates and stupid stories will not change that. Get off the thread and get a life you knob!

We're all going to die
I honestly can't wait
Not for everyone to die
Just me
I wake up everyday
Disappointed
Stupid Heart
Still Beating
Takes one hell of a beating
Bloody thing
Stupid
Bloody
Thing

63 and looked like 83 like most you british men out there who always age so badly from bad diet and a mindset of a dwarf prepared to fight anyone.

Overrated shit band never heard one tune ever so the risk of having to live through that ordeal makes me lick on my nazi cyanide capsule.

YES, PLEASE!!!! lick away at your capsule. You have nothing to offer. A true legend has passed, if you're uninterested, then be silent. You're a real c***.

Horrific news to wake up with.
Was going to see him next week...
What a giant, what a loss.
I’m sure Moz will pay tribute tonight.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom