Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theater (Sep. 22, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All You Need Is Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / Jack The Ripper / What She Said // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided karelMoz.

• Review by John Gentile (4.5 / 5 stars) - Punknews.org. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • UPDATE Sep. 26: Poster at pinkbikeralph for sale, link from docinwestchester. From towerphilly / Instagram:

39140_philadephia_poster_20160922.jpg

Last edited:
Morrissey dropped the f bomb ("that meat in your f***ing mouth is murder") during Meat Is Murder. Does he normally do that? Never heard him say f*** before.

JACK THE RIPPER!!!

Also, I forgot to mention in my above post...the video backdrop was incredibly powerful and heavy given the current goings on with the current police vs community situation.

The video backdrop for "Ganglord", that is.

Great show - voice was top form. Guy passed out dead drunk in front of me before Moz set began.... Must be in a drunk tank now as security hauled him out from orchestra left. Fun crowd overall. Got up to pit area during encore. Wanted to get on stage but heavy security. wonderful night.

Great show, he was definitely in good spirits and played a full set. He looked good and there were no "medical patches" other than a bandaid on his finger. The pit was a bit of a cluster - there was no barrier so they kept checking tickets every 5 minutes to see who "belonged." Luckily I had third row pit tickets and they let me on the stage barrier. One idiot got tackled trying to stage dive. I think we're all to old to be attempting that.

Morrissey dropped the f bomb ("that meat in your f***ing mouth is murder") during Meat Is Murder. Does he normally do that? Never heard him say f*** before.
yes, he does that. actually i think standard is "the meat in your fat f***ing mouth is murder." seriously, you havent?

Great show - voice was top form. Guy passed out dead drunk in front of me before Moz set began.... Must be in a drunk tank now as security hauled him out from orchestra left. Fun crowd overall. Got up to pit area during encore. Wanted to get on stage but heavy security. wonderful night.

I was two seats left of that guy... on way out at end saw him near exit with EMT, he seemed in good ( better) shape... shame to miss amazing set!

He's been trying to add weight to his anger by swearing during MIM for a while now. But of course, everyone knows it's a total gimmick. No matter how much he swears during it, he's an utterly ignorant hypocrite. A fool.

Can someone repost that LOL pic of him with his hair spiked up for the Supreme skater kids. :rofl:

Third row but not allowed to go up due to not being center, good going Tower. The crowd was inanely set up, as always.
Good show all the same! Felt a bit like a gig merely for the sake of a gig, but non-promotional tours can fall into that easily. Ripper was transcendent, almighty tired of How Soon/Sunday/any "crowd pleaser" that makes the cut.

He's been trying to add weight to his anger by swearing during MIM for a while now. But of course, everyone knows it's a total gimmick. No matter how much he swears during it, he's an utterly ignorant hypocrite. A fool.

Can someone repost that LOL pic of him with his hair spiked up for the Supreme skater kids. :rofl:
Thankfully in the world of Morrissey we only see people like this here and not at the gigs. Other than posting crap on this forum they really have very little else to do. We can hardly begrudge them their moments to shine like a dull turd can we?

Tiny minds need to shout the loudest.

The supreme crowd is probably more into hip hop

He always seems to play how soon is now in pa. Don't know why. Looks like a good show and I'm loving the smoke machine

A lot of the same comments as above

He seemed in a great mood and very much appreciated the ovation he got when he came out. I think it's easy to say he still lives off the praise of the crowd even though as was also said this run of gigs kinda just seem like a tour for a tour sake.

One of our own was a nice surprise. I enjoy that song very much and I know people complain about world peace songs but they are all very good live.

His voice is awesome right now. I was standing next to a guy who said it's been a while since he has seen him and said his voice is the best he has ever heard him.

It's good to see our man happy, healthy, and in good form. It was also nice to hear local crowd give Boz a big cheer

So it wasn't the greatest show in the history of Morrissey, but I'll take it any day. Lots of first-timers in the crowd. Met a lady out front who hadn't seen him since '94, and she made a point to tell me she had bought "cancellation insurance". The "moat' in front was impassable. 3.5-4 feet sturdy steel fence prevented all but one guy from jumping it, and even then, he never even got a knee on stage. I have never had so much elbow room in the Pit, because of the security. Speaking of, security told me I couldn't go up to the stage with my DDD ticket, only AAA-CCC. What a disappointment, until $20 did the trick.

2016 has been such a mean year with brother screaming at brother on Facebook about the election and everything else. I desperately needed a MOZ recharge and he delivered. Thank you buddy!

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None of Your Business / Ganglord / Speedway / Kiss Me a Lot / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All You Need Is Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / Jack The Ripper / What She Said // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided karelMoz.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• IMG_6633.JPG
    IMG_6633.JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6634.JPG
    IMG_6634.JPG
    405.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6635.JPG
    IMG_6635.JPG
    369.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6797.JPG