Philly and NYC info

ksenalex

so i'll be travelling to NY for two weeks (from Greece :o) any morrissey related spots/parts i shouldn't miss in NY? also metro weekly card 30 dollars is a must right? (any other info/'must see' is welcome).
Also i've booked philly tickets so i'll be staying the night there, i see bus ticket for like 8 dollars, shall i book online is that the real price?
also is there anything to see over at philly? shall i spend the next day aswell? or better use it on new york?

thanks.

Will you have time to see anything? Most people just spend all their time in the queue.

If you are not queuing, there is lots to see in NYC and yes, get the metro card to get around.

Megabus/Boltbus usually have low cost bus tickets from NYC to Philadelphia. $8 sounds right.

The venue in Phila. is close to restaurants and a neighborhood that resembles Brooklyn in the early 2000's...full of bars, some record stores, coffee shops, etc...

It is also close to a subway stop(although Philadelphias transit system is nowhere near as good as NYC).

so i'll be travelling to NY for two weeks (from Greece :o) any morrissey related spots/parts i shouldn't miss in NY? also metro weekly card 30 dollars is a must right? (any other info/'must see' is welcome).
Also i've booked philly tickets so i'll be staying the night there, i see bus ticket for like 8 dollars, shall i book online is that the real price?
also is there anything to see over at philly? shall i spend the next day aswell? or better use it on new york?

thanks.

re. new york: anything you're looking to see or find in particular? record stores, galleries, etc.? my only advice is just checking where your bolt bus departure stop is located. depending on where you're staying (especially if you're staying in brooklyn), it may be more convenient to get to one location versus the other. also yes, if you book early enough with bus companies you can get pretty cheap rates.

re. philly: echoing the post above, if you take bolt bus from new york, you'll be let off behind 30th street station where you can take the el (train) directly to the girard stop, which is close to the venue (you'll want to go toward frankford transportation center). there's not much to see in philly that you won't see in new york, imo, unless there is something quintessentially philly you're hoping to see. :D

I will be happy to see the day when going to NY, staying in NY, and living in NY is not associated with Brooklyn. Cause there is much more to NY than Brooklyn. :D

If you have any specific questions about NYC, please feel free to ask. As long as they are not about Brooklyn. Truthfully, I don't know that much. ;)

Back
Top Bottom