Pickpockets at recent gigs

Brel

Guttersnipe
I know that we should all be on the look out anyway, but it appears that we have a theif at large near the front. I've just read on the main page of one at last nights Hull gig and at Saturdays Cambridge gig my wife was aware of a hand in her jacket pocket - I hope they enjoyed the used kleenex!

PC Brel of the Yard.

Evenin all!

Yeah this happens at most big concerts. Had my Rayban shades nicked by a gang of Catalan pickpockets at the Springsteen shows at the Nou Camp last year.

Unbelievable.

Had this in London 2006 best not to take much money or keep what you do have in your shoes.

I would not change my habits too much, but keep it in a safe place. That way if they do try and take it, at least I get my moneys worth :eek:

I know that we should all be on the look out anyway, but it appears that we have a theif at large near the front. I've just read on the main page of one at last nights Hull gig and at Saturdays Cambridge gig my wife was aware of a hand in her jacket pocket - I hope they enjoyed the used kleenex!

PC Brel of the Yard.

Evenin all!

Oh, so I wasn't the only one to feel the Phantom Hand of Theft in their jeans back pocket? Enjoy my spare panty liner, twat-face!

Bum bags (not cool I know:rolleyes:) are best or across the body.I've seen blokes with their wallets just hanging out their back pocket.i had my bag stolen last year.It was devastating.

I thought I felt someone in my pocket last night. :mad:

I'm gonna carry a wad of folded up paper in my back pocket and let the c*** go for it so I can hit him.

My Mobile went along with a few others last year Hyde park gig so its something to beware of, but dont let it spoil your night.

I put any money (notes Obviously ha ha) in my sock, so at least if I buy anything including a beer or three its there but a bit smelly ha ha

Enjoy

I'm gonna carry a wad of folded up paper in my back pocket and let the c*** go for it so I can hit him.

Booby-trap it with Golden Syrup!

Or.... get a piece of duck tape, stick the flat sides of a load of drawing pins to it, stick it to the inside of your jeans, behind the pocket, so that the points of the pins stick through into the pocket. Pad out the pocket itself with a couple of tissues so you won't spear anyone making accidental contact with your bum, and then if anyone puts their hand in your pocket, they get their fingers torn up!

(patent applied for)

Booby-trap it with Golden Syrup!

Or.... get a piece of duck tape, stick the flat sides of a load of drawing pins to it, stick it to the inside of your jeans, behind the pocket, so that the points of the pins stick through into the pocket. Pad out the pocket itself with a couple of tissues so you won't spear anyone making accidental contact with your bum, and then if anyone puts their hand in your pocket, they get their fingers torn up!

(patent applied for)

You've put a great deal of thought into that, Cat's Mother! I'd be afraid that I'd sit down without thinking about said booby trap and impale my bum with pins.

You've put a great deal of thought into that, Cat's Mother! I'd be afraid that I'd sit down without thinking about said booby trap and impale my bum with pins.

No.The pins are facing away from you! But remember the tissues or you might tack your bum to your seat.:thumb:

And JasonLeeming is off in another thread talking about how guns in America is beyond his comprehension. ;)

this is a shame.

nobody wants in my pants, not even pickpockets. thankfully.

I was also close to front row and actually had my phone knicked front jeans pocket. I assumed it had bounced out during irish blood, but the arena told me this morning over thirty phones had gone missing, with non found. They were convinced there'd been a team of phone thieves at work during the show. what type of nob goes to a gig to steal phones. Is life really that grim for people.

I was also close to front row and actually had my phone knicked front jeans pocket. I assumed it had bounced out during irish blood, but the arena told me this morning over thirty phones had gone missing, with non found. They were convinced there'd been a team of phone thieves at work during the show. what type of nob goes to a gig to steal phones. Is life really that grim for people.

Jesus christ! Thankfully cos i was right at the front security at the front let me put my bag and phone down next to the barrier, but doubt i'll be taking my phone to future gigs. I didn't ever even think that people would go to a gig especially to steal phones but thats really low, scum!

Back
Top Bottom