please help me watch less TV

What TV show should I STOP watching?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
get off your fat ass you lazy f***. if that doesn't help, there's no helping you.

qvist, my avatar is aubrey beardsley, a late 19th century artist/illustrator.

house is pure melodrama. it doesn't have to be slavishly devoted to realism but i need at least some grain of truth. and hugh laurie plays one of the most unlikeable characters on tv.

Last edited:
qvist, my avatar is aubrey beardsley, a late 19th century artist/illustrator.

Aaah, right.

house is pure melodrama. it doesn't have to be slavishly devoted to realism but i need at least some grain of truth. and hugh laurie plays one of the most unlikeable characters on tv.

Hehe, well, that's just it - I find him one of the most likeable characters on TV.

fair enough. agree to disagree. i'm not a complete hugh laurie hater. i enjoyed 'a bit of fry and laurie' back in the day.

Firstly, who's that on your avatar? Looks familiar, but I can't quite place him.

Secondly, don't knock House, it's great. If there's one thing I desperately want to avoid in a hospital series, it's realism. I really don't want to know.

It's got two things going for it: One, the amusement of watching a sarcastic bastard who's smart enough to generally be right. Two, the pleasant illusion that treating illness is primarily a fascinating intellectual challenge. One of the few good shows around.

As if I know, seeing as I've spent the best part of the preceding decade without a working TV connection, and otherwise exclusively with channels in languages I don't understand. Well Robby, that's a great solution for you right there - no TV, or exclusively foreign channels. Of course, it might be hard to sell to Mum.

House is fantastic.

Sabotage.
There's so many ways to terminate a TV. Channel changer in the trash....Ooops!

What are all those programmes, anyway? How do they improve your quality of life?
What would you rather be doing? And why are you asking other people to find the solution for you?

Glad to see Draper & co aren't on your list or i'll would have to be rather annoyed !

Episode-1-Pete-Don-Roger-760.jpg

that is one of my fave shows but the season ended in October, which is right about when I got here, I actually first came to the library to watch the season finale here :eek:

ps: you know, I just remembered that Pete was Angel's son :p

Watch Psych instead of the Mentalist.

I like that you connect those 2 shows to each other, I do too. :p
Anyways, Psych is on hiatus right now, but I watch that too. :o
actually the list of 12 was just the "network" tv
my mother literally has the television on all day, every day. So there is plenty of else on it, if I just want to sit on
vv.jpg
my couch/bed & slowly die :straightface:

*=old picture of the couch, but it still looks the same, its just up against a window now...

good call, davie. shouldn't forget blackadder. great show.

i'd add the goodies to the mix. silly but very fun. i was a big fan of season 1 and 2 of the mighty boosh. garth marenghi is another top british comedy show as well.

Back
Top Bottom