Please Read this before enter sub-forum: The Pigsty

Re: Sub-forum: The Pigsty

As is the poll about my vagina which has had 280 views.
The deaf ears argument doesn't really wash either; is it OK for me to call, for example, Yesitis's mother a ropey old slag, if he's not around to hear it? Or is it still absolutely morally abhorent (which it would be?)

Yes,call her an old slag if you like.

Really,you care that some strangers on an internet site are slagging off other strangers?
Of course ,it's not "morally abhorrent" ,it's rather silly,that's all.

Plus you know what the Pigsty is all about BUT you keep checking in to complain about it.Bit like a Daily Mail reader? COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN,...
etc etc..mwah mwah..blah blah..oh,woe is me..etc etc..

She has been given a 3 day time out for bringing up pigsty stuff outside of the pigsty. Please drop this issue.

If the Pigsty lasts,i don't think there'll be many left by 2009!

I think the Pigsty is a bad idea in practice. It invites bullying. Anarchy never works, solely because most people cannot be trusted to behave in the manner they'd like to be treated. It's far better to have a liberal set of rules and demand a basic level of decency.

I vote to end it.

I think the Pigsty is a bad idea in practice. It invites bullying. Anarchy never works, solely because most people cannot be trusted to behave in the manner they'd like to be treated. It's far better to have a liberal set of rules and demand a basic level of decency.

I vote to end it.

I think this term "Bullying" is overrated.

I think bullying is when someone takes your lunch money or gives you a wedgie or takes your bike and doesn't give it back for 2 hours.

The pigsty is a way to separate people who want to have normal conversations from those who just want to cause trouble.

It's still experimental and it might go away but right now it is new and it takes time to adjust to change. It is constantly being evaluated and people's opinions are definitely being considered.

Actually it's really mild in the pigsty. When they try to be bullys it's like a joke and they end up laughing at each other's attempts to be all pigstyie. So really it's a place where people can use cuss words and complain about moderators. Since the moderators themselves seem to be doing the complaining the whole thing seems weird like an awkward orgy or something.

Actually it's really mild in the pigsty. When they try to be bullys it's like a joke and they end up laughing at each other's attempts to be all pigstyie. So really it's a place where people can use cuss words and complain about moderators. Since the moderators themselves seem to be doing the complaining the whole thing seems weird like an awkward orgy or something.

i think that's because the majority of people who choose to post in there are just 'avin a laff. the only people who really seem to get all bent out of shape about stuff, or extremely derogatory or offensive in their responses, seem to be on a "break" right now.

It also has the effect of stifling normal conversation in the regular forum because anything even remotely offensive is apparently grounds for an immediate ban. There is no way for an overzealous moderator, for instance, to determine whether something is friendly, consensual joshing between adults or was meant to be genuinely hurtful or provocative.

It also has the effect of stifling normal conversation in the regular forum because anything even remotely offensive is apparently grounds for an immediate ban. There is no way for an overzealous moderator, for instance, to determine whether something is friendly, consensual joshing between adults or was meant to be genuinely hurtful or provocative.

That's true, I worried about that.

sure there is, you just say something like "hey, ________, you're a right old idiot. ;););):D:rolleyes::guitar::);)"

Agree.I wonder how many threads will be shifted off to The Pigsty.

Agree.I wonder how many threads will be shifted off to The Pigsty.

that actually brings up a good point. i mean, if a "fight" breaks out in off topic or GD, and some nasty things are said, do those people get banned OR does that thread get cut at the point of when the fight started and get thrown into the pigsty?

what if you werent allowed to create threads in the pigsty, but rather "continue" arguments as to not mess up other threads...like the "dear women" thread.

that actually brings up a good point. i mean, if a "fight" breaks out in off topic or GD, and some nasty things are said, do those people get banned OR does that thread get cut at the point of when the fight started and get thrown into the pigsty?

I think it's when threads start getting "mysteriously" shifted to The Pigsty,that the real problems/arguments/recriminations will start.

Oh f*** it! It's just an internet forum.

If threads get shifted to the Pigsty if the content takes a nasty turn, then this place is done for. Any thread can be truly hijacked, which is a very easy form of bullying.

I think the chat was a much better venue for trolling, since it's completely separate from the forum. If you don't want to participate, you simply don't go there.

its such a bad idea on so many levels -it will just encourage bullying and remove the liklehood of any decent conversation going on elsewhere

Maybe the thread itself doesn't get moved. The trolls/flamers get told "take it to the pigsty or get a time out".

Or maybe offenders get "Penned in" to the pigsty for a limited time, (not able to post elsewhere) so they can whinge all they like but no-one has to read it??

It's early days of the experiment.... already we can see some of the strengths and weaknesses. Give it a bit longer.

Perhaps clarification of what IS allowed in the forums (excluding pigsty) would help avoid anxiety or "harsh" bannings??

For everyone how was concerned about getting attacked up there and not being able to do a thing about it- this is how it will go:

She has been given a 3 day time out for bringing up pigsty stuff outside of the pigsty. Please drop this issue.
('She' refers to luvm, who dared to complain about a thread discussing her vagina)

Now just just make sure you don't stand out too much, or have a too strong of opinion and hope for the best.

Last edited:

For everyone how was concerned about getting attacked up there and not being able to do a thing about it- this is how it will go:

(She refers to luvm, who dared to complain about a thread discussing her vagina)

Now just just make sure you don't stand out too much, or have a too strong of opinion and hope for the best.

Who is she?

For your interest, bored is a man.
You can see his photo in page 55 of Male fan frink thread. ;)

(She refers to luvm, who dared to complain about a thread discussing her vagina)

That thread in no way actually discusses her vagina. It's used as a figure of speech and is a probably meant on a play on her name using the word virgin. If not, the title would have probably said arse instead.

She was given a time out for repeatedly bringing up the same old complaint about something she was told was going to be left as is for now and also throwing a lot of names at the people who post in pigsty but giving them no way to respond in the same thread without being banned for trolling outside of the pigsty.

If you are going to attack people that post there and call them names you are trolling. If they can't troll you here, you can't troll them here.

what if you werent allowed to create threads in the pigsty, but rather "continue" arguments as to not mess up other threads...like the "dear women" thread.

People have been given a no holds barred place to post and they are expected to use it. If a thread is started that belongs there it could very well be moved but the creator and any contributors will be banned but the targets will then have a chance to respond if they want.

Tags
debating whether 2 return don't bother kewpiesonignore
Back
Top Bottom