Please sum up the Morrissey controversy

The Seeker of Good Songs

Not one who follows the political news closely, and one not so familiar with UK politics; compressed, what has Morrissey said/done that has caused the "rasicst" label?

Nothing. Someone with a college education, not the usual idiots. Please sum up your arguement that he is a "racist", using empirical facts. Knuckle daggers need not respond. Please use text book definitions, not bar room slang or word de jour mud slinging.

Not one who follows the political news closely, and one not so familiar with UK politics; compressed, what has Morrissey said/done that has caused the "rasicst" label?

"Migrant boats mean migrant votes'
'Don't be afraid of being called a racist'
'Everyone ultimately prefers their own race'
Posting numerous link to far-right racist channels

...and so forth.

Hello! It’s really not just him wearing a badge. It’s what that badge represents. For Britain are a far-right anti-Muslim political party and Morrissey has given them his full support more than once. He says very ignorant things all the time and, although that’s bad enough, that’s not the main worry. The main worry is that he’s aligning himself with a group who are openly racist. On this site, I read many posts from people saying “For Britain are not racist! Read their manifesto!” So, I did. And they are. I really recommend you read it too (even though it’s mostly very long and very boring). They clearly state that they are anti-Islam, despite most people who practice Islam are as normal/daft as anyone who practices any religion. Yes, there are Islamist terrorists and murderers, but there are also white Christian terrorists and murderers and, when you read their manifesto, you’ll see For Britain don’t have a problem with them. Funny that.

"Migrant boats mean migrant votes'
'Don't be afraid of being called a racist'
'Everyone ultimately prefers their own race'
Posting numerous link to far-right racist channels

...and so forth.

None of those quotes make Morrissey a racist, Skinnybob.

"Migrant boats for mean migrant votes" - "It is exclusively popular with Islamists, and both Labour and the Conservatives desperately want the Islam vote, so, although Halal is technically illegal as well as being beyond barbarism, the House Of Commons look the other way. Migrant boats mean migrant votes, and so on. Anyone will vote for the party that allowed them into the country."
https://kippercentral.com/2019/06/3...-speech-islam-and-mainstream-media-fake-news/

That's a fair comment I think. If a migrant comes into a country, why wouldn't they vote for that party? And again, Skinnybob, that isn't racism.

"Don't be afraid of being called a racist" - "Do not be afraid of being called ‘racist’. It is now as over-used and meaningless as words like ‘awesome’, ‘legend’, ‘iconic’ and ‘brilliant’. When it’s used it simply means that your opponent doesn’t know how to argue your point. Whoever thought England would become so silly? I am afraid it has. The world has always copied our laws, our language, our literature … and now we squabble amongst ourselves like a Third World country."
https://kippercentral.com/2019/06/3...-speech-islam-and-mainstream-media-fake-news/

Again, none of that makes Morrissey racist.

"Everyone ultimately prefers their own race'"

That isn't racist. Is your partner of the same race as you, Skinnybob?

"Posting numerous link to far-right racist channels"

"Numerous links"? Could you post Morrissey's posts of these links please? Or are you referring to whoever posts on Morrissey Central?

Hello! It’s really not just him wearing a badge. It’s what that badge represents. For Britain are a far-right anti-Muslim political party and Morrissey has given them his full support more than once. He says very ignorant things all the time and, although that’s bad enough, that’s not the main worry. The main worry is that he’s aligning himself with a group who are openly racist. On this site, I read many posts from people saying “For Britain are not racist! Read their manifesto!” So, I did. And they are. I really recommend you read it too (even though it’s mostly very long and very boring). They clearly state that they are anti-Islam, despite most people who practice Islam are as normal/daft as anyone who practices any religion. Yes, there are Islamist terrorists and murderers, but there are also white Christian terrorists and murderers and, when you read their manifesto, you’ll see For Britain don’t have a problem with them. Funny that.

You're a liar on so many levels. Who are these white christian terrorist organizations you speak of? Also where on FB website do they say they have no problem with white christian terrorists? And lastly , the part of the conversation you guys continue to ignore isn't just potential terrorism but demographics and culture

None of those quotes make Morrissey a racist, Skinnybob.

"Migrant boats for mean migrant votes" - "It is exclusively popular with Islamists, and both Labour and the Conservatives desperately want the Islam vote, so, although Halal is technically illegal as well as being beyond barbarism, the House Of Commons look the other way. Migrant boats mean migrant votes, and so on. Anyone will vote for the party that allowed them into the country."

That's a fair comment I think. If a migrant comes into a country, why wouldn't they vote for that party? And again, Skinnybob, that isn't racism.

"Don't be afraid of being called a racist" - "Do not be afraid of being called ‘racist’. It is now as over-used and meaningless as words like ‘awesome’, ‘legend’, ‘iconic’ and ‘brilliant’. When it’s used it simply means that your opponent doesn’t know how to argue your point. Whoever thought England would become so silly? I am afraid it has. The world has always copied our laws, our language, our literature … and now we squabble amongst ourselves like a Third World country."

Again, none of that makes Morrissey racist.

"Everyone ultimately prefers their own race'"

That isn't racist. Is your partner of the same race as you, Skinnybob?

"Posting numerous link to far-right racist channels"

"Numerous links"? Could you post Morrissey's posts of these links please? Or are you referring to whoever posts on Morrissey Central?

Skinny has been schooled right here. Can't wait for his feeble attempt of a reply.

You're a liar on so many levels. Who are these white christian terrorist organizations you speak of? Also where on FB website do they say they have no problem with white christian terrorists? And lastly , the part of the conversation you guys continue to ignore isn't just potential terrorism but demographics and culture
Do some reading. That’s what the rest of us have done. Stop being lazy, Colin.

Colin (I assume that’s your name), sit down. I have news.

Morrissey is gay.

Here. Have some water.

I wish Morrissey would come out as gay instead of this ridiculous “humasexual” stuff.

There is no controversy, it's a tsunami in a teacup created by the bullshit brigade (Unkleslimey, Dave Hasbeen, Billy Blagg et al) who feel they have to shout loudest from their soapbox when Morrissey's opinions don't align to theirs...it really is as simple as that!

Do some reading. That’s what the rest of us have done. Stop being lazy, Colin.
is that you dishing out his homework,wank..

Critics have labelled Morrissey as "racist" but he has denied this. He has given support to the For Britain Movement led by ex-UKIP leadership candidate Anne Marie Waters, and wore one of their badges. For Britain have ethnic minority members but are anti-Islam. Personally speaking I am against Islamist terrorists like ISIS and extremists like Anjem Choudary and while some Muslims are pro-British and have supported UKIP, there is a serious problem in this country of the grooming of young white English girls as recognised by Sajid Javid.

“I have been following a new party called For Britain which is led by Anne Marie Waters," said Morrissey :"It is the first time in my life that I will vote for a political party. Finally I have hope. I find the Tory-Labour-Tory-Labour constant switching to be pointless.

“For Britain has received no media support and have even been dismissed with the usual childish ‘racist’ accusation. I don’t think the word ‘racist’ has any meaning any more, other than to say “you don’t agree with me, so you’re a racist.” People can be utterly, utterly stupid."

"I would do anything for my Muslim friends, and I know they would do anything for me.”

"In view of this, there is only one British political party that can safeguard our security. That party is For Britain.”

- NME, 6 June 2018

upload_2019-7-13_9-47-13.jpeg

upload_2019-7-13_9-58-4.jpeg

upload_2019-7-13_10-14-19.jpeg

upload_2019-7-13_10-14-39.jpeg

upload_2019-7-13_10-14-53.jpeg

upload_2019-7-13_9-48-16.jpeg

upload_2019-7-13_9-49-21.jpeg

"We'll let you know...we are the last truly British people you will ever know."

This British Citizen and ex-Muslim of Pakistani origin was nearly beaten to death outside his home for leaving Islam. He now supports Morrissey's For Britain party:

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-13_9-51-52.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-13_9-51-52.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom