Police investigating sex attack

If the police are questioning someone in an open investigation that is legitimate news and someone would publish the name.
Not so. Not in the UK, anyway. The BBC famously came unstuck when they outed Cliff Richard as the subject of an historic sex abuse allegation, and it cost them dearly in damages. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-law-ensure-media-can-name-criminal-suspects/ Our press are not allowed to name criminal suspects until they are charged.

His mother took a part time job in the local public library after she seen the job advertised. It was a job for wages rather than a calling, and could very easily have been a job at a supermarket (although yes, she did enjoy reading). In the UK virtually anybody can get a part time job at a public library. Morrissey has explained this more than once. There is no dispute that Moz is 100% working class. His parents are no different to the many Irish immigrants of the 50s/60s, virtually all of them unskilled labourers/workers when they arrived. What is clear is how uncomfortable some middle class fans are at this thought - their idol being of a lower order. Privileged people collectively conditioned at universities like battery chickens fear the true autodidact.

Thans for answering reelfountain and Amy. I always thought his mother was a school librarian (well Morrissey never explained it properly to me so that's his fault.) Now I can see she was more like the parchment-like ladies who work at local libraries here on a seemingly unpaid basis. So it makes sense.
Is it me or have libraries all become shit these days? Every time I step into one I want to burn the place down. Every time I look for a classic, they haven't got it, but they do have the latest bestseller of some illiterate twat. But they still charge you to register. I haven't read a proper book in ages. I might have to buy one if this goes on. A shocking thought.
If I were a millionaire, one of the first things i would do would be to make libraries cool. With actual books people who can read would want to borrow. A garden. A café. And a funky space. With showers. Because yes, homeless people would be very welcome but sometimes smells can prevent one from concentrating on "Down and Out in London and Paris" ...

right before the word ends, probably destroyed by comet dialed in by:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: there is going to be about 1o people left in the world who will be attending the last concert EVER to take place. the Stones? No
U2? No, its going to be DramaJ. How he got the gig probably by his influence with the killer comet.:crazy:
:lbf:

This is the gist of this new musical catastrophe by Mr Cometry, the song "Agrophobia":thumb:

Is this Sam by any chance? Does Moz pay you for this? ;)

Is this Sam by any chance? Does Moz pay you for this? ;)

:rolleyes:

according to the Agrophobia video mostly gay dudes and trans dudes will make it to the finish line to be serenaded by :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, theres one chubby white dude there feeding himself spaghetti.... very familiar...
Skinny?:fist:

what a way to go...having to watch Skinny feed himself while Mr Cometry caterwauls.:censored:

Oh Sweetie, you even bothered with quotes from the NME and all that...that’s cute.
Enjoy blindly following Moz and his disgusting rapey remarks, we both know his career days are numbered.

:crazy:

dont you know empirical evidence:rock: proves that if :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: ran at you full speed head first
from 10 meters away, you wouldnt feel a thing due to his tiny dimensions, and the cushion
on top:oldman:>:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:

o_O

Did you totally notice how Johnny combined armageddon and utopia to make Armatopia? What a Shittastic idea!

I think you mean FABULOUS idea that speaks to our times!! Yeah, the world might be collapsing, but the young people got to fall in love and dance. Hmmm, looks like Moz and Johnny are on the same wavelength! But Johnny still knows how to write a pop song with hooks!

:rolleyes:

according to the Agrophobia video mostly gay dudes and trans dudes will make it to the finish line to be serenaded by :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, theres one chubby white dude there feeding himself spaghetti.... very familiar...
Skinny?:fist:

what a way to go...having to watch Skinny feed himself while Mr Cometry caterwauls.:censored:

Homophobic, transphobic and fatphobic. Gosh, you must be the life of the party.

I think you mean FABULOUS idea that speaks to our times!! Yeah, the world might be collapsing, but the young people got to fall in love and dance. Hmmm, looks like Moz and Johnny are on the same wavelength! But Johnny still knows how to write a pop song with hooks!

Nah nah nah. It's CRAPULOUS!

Homophobic, transphobic and fatphobic. Gosh, you must be the life of the party.

WTF??? DramaJ, thats half a catastrophic album!!!!:bow:

Transphobia
Homophobia
Fatphobia
Armonphobita:eek:

Lots of stuff appears to be happening in that 'dark tower':laughing:
before we all get killed by the comet:popcorn:

Did you totally notice how Johnny combined armageddon and utopia to make Armatopia? What a Shittastic idea!

:thumb:

‘Everybody’s clever nowadays’

Interesting. The Sun seem to have pulled the article

Let"s celebrate with a musical break and a song that's not creepy at all, to stay on topic.

( found that one by googling "songs about perverts" )

( can't wait to see what channels youtube is going to recommend me, now... :straightface:)

Thans for answering reelfountain and Amy. I always thought his mother was a school librarian (well Morrissey never explained it properly to me so that's his fault.) Now I can see she was more like the parchment-like ladies who work at local libraries here on a seemingly unpaid basis. So it makes sense.
Is it me or have libraries all become shit these days? Every time I step into one I want to burn the place down. Every time I look for a classic, they haven't got it, but they do have the latest bestseller of some illiterate twat. But they still charge you to register. I haven't read a proper book in ages. I might have to buy one if this goes on. A shocking thought.
If I were a millionaire, one of the first things i would do would be to make libraries cool. With actual books people who can read would want to borrow. A garden. A café. And a funky space. With showers. Because yes, homeless people would be very welcome but sometimes smells can prevent one from concentrating on "Down and Out in London and Paris" ...
A lot of public libraries in the UK have been closed down in recent years due to government spending cuts. They used the recession of '08 as an excuse when in reality public spending has been lowering since economic neoliberalism took over (championed by Thatcher and Reagan). It's very sad. The remaining libraries (around my way) have become glorified internet cafes painted in shiny happy primary colours with a lot less books these days - and yes, very little classics of any kind. I preferred it when public libraries were silent, dusty places (with a sense of reverence like a church) full of towering wooden shelves full of extremely old tomes... places of learning and erudition (I always used to feel a very grateful sense of privilege on entering one). But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
A lot of public libraries in the UK have been closed down in recent years due to government spending cuts. They used the recession of '08 as an excuse when in reality public spending has been lowering since economic neoliberalism took over (championed by Thatcher and Reagan). It's very sad. The remaining libraries (around my way) have sadly become glorified internet cafes painted in shiny happy primary colours with a lot less books these days - yes, very little classics of any kind. I preferred it when public libraries were silent, dusty places (with a sense of reverence like a church) full of towering wooden shelves full of extremely old tomes... places of learning and erudition (I always used to feel a very grateful sense of privilege on entering one). But that's just my opinion.

I see what you mean. I love wooden shelves too, although they really went too far in a sky's the limit way, at Trinity college.;) I mean you do want something practical as well. Actually where I lived last year the library was in a charming old villa, with a glass wall, a fireplace, a wooden floor and a great garden, so it was homey and a little historical as well. They even had free concerts outside (even Elliot Murphy for some reason...:paranoid: Oh boy. Kind of reminded me of that NYD concert...I really have to stop checking out all sorts of old men just because I've heard about them.)

It was perfect really...except for the books.

As a teenager, I was able to borrow the complete correspondence of Oscar Wilde from my local library in a suburban town...

What the f. happened? Where did the books go?
Probably down some toilet bowl at the Mandarin Oriental (to stay on topic.)

Back
Top Bottom