Poll - Should user mike joyce be banned?

Should user mike joyce be banned from morrissey-solo.com?

• yes

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • no

Votes: 48 42.9%

• Total voters
What if the majority is "no" does that mean we can ban everyone that voted for "yes" for stirring up hatred?

:D Good point.
The tendency to start polls like "Honk if you hate this person too" really pisses me off. We have this mike joyce-thing here and in Off-topic there's one asking if Belligerent Ghoul's polls suck... and it's obvious that it's not about what mike or bg post at all. The question really is: "Do you like him or not?". And to me that's not a question that should be asked because it's sly and manipulative even. I guess most of us wouldn't wanna be exposed like that, right? :o
Peace!

Let him stay.

agh!
this thread just gives him the attention the slug wants...and i've played into it!

at first i thought ban him because he is incredibly annoying-

his found, stupid clip art/photos he no doubt googles for at every possible reply to his threads,which suprisingly some here find funny,
his close minded musical tastes(if you don't like what i like, you suck),
his anti-American blather(if you're from America, you suck because you all like Fred Durst, Alien Ant Farm, Creed---hey asswipe- we're on a Morrissey forum...i doubt anyone here likes any of them). oh, and we all have terrible spelling...we don't all talk/type in neanderthal-like sentences like Mike...
but it's a somewhat free world, freedom of speech and all that so let him stay until he crosses the line.

if you find him funny, go along with his ridiculous threads..laugh at his "found art"

if you find him annoying, ignore him. i do from now on.

agh!
this thread just gives him the attention the slug wants...and i've played into it!

at first i thought ban him because he is incredibly annoying-

his found, stupid clip art/photos he no doubt googles for at every possible reply to his threads,which suprisingly some here find funny,
his close minded musical tastes(if you don't like what i like, you suck),
his anti-American blather(if you're from America, you suck because you all like Fred Durst, Alien Ant Farm, Creed---hey asswipe- we're on a Morrissey forum...i doubt anyone here likes any of them). oh, and we all have terrible spelling...we don't all talk/type in neanderthal-like sentences like Mike...
but it's a somewhat free world, freedom of speech and all that so let him stay until he crosses the line.

if you find him funny, go along with his ridiculous threads..laugh at his "found art"

if you find him annoying, ignore him. i do from now on.

Personally, I think it will end up messy!

Mike Joyce = Jade Goody

(same number of letters too!)

I like him in The Smiths but now he appears plain desperate!!

I voted "no",
because I think "tomorrow" should be banned.

Well I won't be going anywhere as I haven't broken any of the rules and I hardly think standing up for someone is worthy of a ban.

Cool so can I sue Moz too then?

Sue who you like, it's of no grave concern to me unless you plan on giving me a cut.

I concurrrrrrrrrrr...

(That was me purring in pleasure and agreement...)

You're that plank who got very annoyed at me for not posting my age and started trying to be pendatic.

Well that's flawed. My comment was made regarding the 'poster' and not the 'topic'. It's easy to avoid a thread by someone, if you see they have created a thread you can just avoid it. Hence, if you don't like Mr. Joyce, there is no need to read his threads and get yourself all worked up.

On the other hand, I'm totally unaware as to the level of forum bumming occurring in a thread until I read the title (think that’s interesting) click to read more, only to find out that there is more arse licking occurring than in my dog's kennels of choice.

Maybe they should have some bumming rating on the off-topic page. DO NOT ENTER EXTREME FORUM BUMMING OCCURING IN THIS THREAD, or maybe just a 'really red bum' icon (or the like).

Leave the forum then, you come across as quite pompus

well, more people want him banned than not..

what is it to be if any moderators are out there?

Who cares about public opinion? It doesn't mean anything, Joyce has done nothing wrong and it's the fact that you people get so angry about Joyce's presence is silly.

Last edited:
Even though he irritates me at times, so what. This is really useless as it's not (as far as I'm aware) an official poll so is really a form of mob rule.

I ask myself what would Morrissey say to this - probably something along the lines of why worry, don't bother and ignore him, so that's what I'll do.

i agree with whoever said we should f***in kill him
failing that - yes a ban

he is a racist and a homophobe

Would you care to supply us with quotations as to were Mike has been racist and homophobic?

Would you care to supply us with quotations as to were Mike has been racist and homophobic?

Sure i havent got time to trawl the site looking for them but just off the top of my head

Homophobic posts:

1. using the picture of Eric Estrada saying "you are a homo" - when someone claimed they liked a certain band which he doesnt like.

2. Laughing at Gaylord's name

3. Saying that something is a bit gay as if this is a negative

Racist posts:

1. The only good thing to come out of America is Baywatch

2. Slagging off anyone who is a "yank"

3. No decent American music or bands

Get a dictionary and look the words up.

Really? i take it by that you think i am wrong. Ok can i ask you why its ok to slag off anything American and its ok to call someone a homo.

I am sorry if am too sensitive about this and as a straight guy from the UK maybe i am not getting it but it seems to me to be just plain wrong.

I don't condone homophobia, but posting a picture of what I presume is a semi nude male with "You're a homo" underneath and laughing at the word "gaylord" doesn't to my mind promote homophobia, if anything it reflects the person's stupidity and immaturity. As for insulting American's, well America is not a race, it is a nationality made up of many different races, faiths and religions.

I don't condone homophobia, but posting a picture of what I presume is a semi nude male with "You're a homo" underneath and laughing at the word "gaylord" doesn't to my mind promote homophobia, if anything it reflects the person's stupidity and immaturity. As for insulting American's, well America is not a race, it is a nationality made up of many different races, faiths and religions.

Ok we are agreed that Mike Joyce is stupid and immature. I also think he is homophobic. Its an insidious homophobia that underlies much of what he says on here and i think it should be banned.

Click on his user name and have a look back over some of his posts and i am sure you will see what i mean.

I understand what you are saying about America not being a race and therefore the use of the word racism is wrong. But i think you are dealing in semantics - and i would be interested in hearing if anyone from America on this board has found him to be offensive and feels in any way wronged. If the answer is yes then thats racism and again he should be banned.

He brings nothing to this site except bile and offence.

Just put him on your ignore list and pretend he doesn't exist on this forum, it works for me.
As for banning him, that's up to the Mods, interesting to see what they'll do after the amount of responses to this thread and the sheer vitriol people here feel towards him.
Personally I will continue to ignore the postings of 3 people on this site, mainly because I have better things to worry about!

Back
Top Bottom