Portland, OR - Schnitzer Concert Hall (Oct. 31, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Spent The Day In Bed / Alma Matters / Speedway / When You Open Your Legs / Home Is A Question Mark / Istanbul / When Last I Spoke To Carol / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Morrissey Previews New Album at U.S. Tour Opener in Portland on Halloween by Robert Ham - Billboard. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Photos by Sam Gehrke Photography (9 total) - Official Morrissey / Facebook. Link posted by Famous when dead.
    41157_portland.jpg
  • Photos (2 total) from @samgehrkephotography / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.
    41158_portland2.jpg

• Chrissie Hynde backdrop during "Back On The Chain Gang" posted by an anonymous person:
    41136_back_on_the_chain_gang_backdrop.jpg

• Image from @farkomalarco / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Creeps #MorrisseyTour2017 #Halloween
    41143_portland-band.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to add something to this comment.

Basically Johnny Marr is STILL a fantastic guitarist and musician.
But he is not a singer. He tries. But, you know, so did Bucks Fizz.

That said. Johnny Marr did create a fantastic arrangement called "Down On The Corner."
Yes. That's true. It was back in 2002/2003. But it's ALWAYS needed Morrissey (or Brett Anderson)
to finish it off properly. It's class. It's almost....the best song NEVER to have been released.

Seize The Day,

Hazard
x

I think that with each album, Johnny Marr tries to find the fieriness, enthusiasm, which his natural voice can give him. His stamp of voice disadvantages him, his voice is not powerful. But he seeks to modulate his singing with his smooth voice. Anyway he becomes less and less shy with his voice. It’s not undoubtely spellbinding, tortured or plaintive for conveying emotions. I believe that he is aware of it. He makes with his natural voice and this is the best way of remaining sincere in singing and playing. His voice is him, put down and reserved but he gives.
His album The Messenger is fabulous.

i have in fact!

But, can you prove it?
And, would you?
Of course you have a license, just like I do. ;)
And all real Moz-fans have.
He just doesn’t know.
He feels left out, have some mercy on him. :)

i have in fact!

Rifke, before I forget, what is your opinion on the Halloween outfit of the band, to which Moz didn’t want to participate in? :rolleyes:

IMO - the empty seats aren't indicative of his popularity as much as the cancellations over the years. He cancelled on me the last 2 times. Last time for the Baltimore show, I took the day off of work and he cancelled late that morning. Was not happy. You can't keep doing that and think people are going to keep buying tickets. This is the first tour I can remember where I'm not going.

IMO - the empty seats aren't indicative of his popularity as much as the cancellations over the years. He cancelled on me the last 2 times. Last time for the Baltimore show, I took the day off of work and he cancelled late that morning. Was not happy. You can't keep doing that and think people are going to keep buying tickets. This is the first tour I can remember where I'm not going.

Yeah I was going to that show to. Would have been perfect for me as I lived like a ten min walk from the venue. Still got a ticket to see him for d.c though

But, can you prove it?
And, would you?
Of course you have a license, just like I do. ;)
And all real Moz-fans have.
He just doesn’t know.
He feels left out, have some mercy on him. :)
Don't flatter yourself. Morrissey would be hardly impressed by you two - a narcissistic psychopath and a dopey Dutchman.

yeahhh... how the f did you meet Moz and Boz?
If you want to meet Boz just wait at the stage door before the show. He's like most and will sign and give you some time. Moz is in and out. Moz is literally close to impossible to get to today but with good luck and determination you can get to him. And by that I mean you have to actually try to find the guy. Not just hope he shows up because he wont. I tried 6 times total and only once was a success. When hes in town, go to all 4 star and above hotels and go into the restraunt. If they are serving meat or animal products he is NOT there. Thats all I can disclose. Autographing is a tough business, but don't worry im not a greasy seller. Also, the less people the better. He will NOT sign for a crowd. His security is really brutal too...

Don't flatter yourself. Morrissey would be hardly impressed by you two - a narcissistic psychopath and a dopey Dutchman.

Of course he would be much more impressed by us than an insane pseudo nazi from Sweden.
He spots your type from a mile and knows how to avoid you.

Exactly, and I'm not even clamoring for more Smiths songs at this point - it could just be a much nicer show that spans and celebrates his solo career.

I recently saw DM, they played 3 songs from the new album. The remainder of the set covered songs from 8 past albums. It was fun and that's one reason DM can sell out so many shows in larger venues (a record 4 nights at the Hollywood Bowl) - it's not the same show tour after tour.
I saw DM no less than a month ago and it was entirely too new album heavy. To the point of exhaustion. Everytime they'd hit a high with a classic, here come three or four ponderously monotonous new tunes to really put everyone in the mood. It doesn't help that Spirit is an absolute clunker of a release.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom