Possible promo copy of 'November...'. Confirmation?

georgejallen

Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I bought a copy of 7" 'November Spawned a Monster' from passionsjustlikemine a while ago, but I've been confused by the sticker on the front of it for quite a while.

14bt4cl.jpg

It reads:

"HELENA
PENNANT JONES
PROMOTIONS

April 23rd

CAPITOL
PARLOPHONE

EMI RECORDS
20 MANCHESTER SW.
LONDON W1A 1ES

01-486-4488"

Is this indicative that the copy is a promo version?

Thank you for any possible help. I know that it won't be worth a lot of money, I am just curious about the nature of the thing.

George.

It would be called "promo stickered version". It's a regular commercial version (well, I'll assume there's no white label inside) with the pluggers sticker on the front. I haven't seen that particular sticker before, the most I saw was for releases around Vauxhall time.

Thank you beau for your help.

So, a 'promo stickered version' would have been sent to various places for promotional reasons, but apart from the sticker it's not actually any different to a normal shop-bought copy?

Yeah, it's the regular edition that they've stuck a sticker to. There's about 3 levels of "promo". The acetates and test pressings would be top tier, then special promo versions with unique sleeves/tracks/serial numbers, then commercial copies with stickered or stamped sleeves/labels.

I just looked at one of my stock "The More You Ignore Me" cd's with a stickered promo jewel case has the name of "Helena McGeough"; wonder if it's the same woman and she got married in between the two releases;-)

Last edited:
Is this version worth more than the regular version because of the sticker?

...it's not worth less. If I had to choose between two otherwise similar records, one with the sticker and one without, I'd take the one with the sticker. Someone else may prefer the unstickered sleeve for the unobstructed view of the artwork.

I just looked at one of my stock "The More You Ignore Me" cd's with a stickered promo jewel case has the name of "Helena McGeough"; wonder if it's the same woman and she got married in between the two releases;-)

Haha, yes, I wonder! I tried Googling her name before you gave your helpful advice and I couldn't get anywhere with it. 'Helena McGeough', however, comes up a bit more.

Thanks again for the help.

Tags
1990 november pennant jones promo
Back
Top Bottom