Post punk Pat Nevin tours Mozzter mansion

Former Chelsea winger and now BBC wanker Pat Nevin is interviewed in The Hootsman about all sorts and shares an anecdote about a visit to Chateau le Moz;

Interview: Pat Nevin on his tour of Morrissey’s mansion - The Scotsman

Excerpt:

...The big Irishman is “a very intelligent guy” but he was the worse for wear when Nevin and his new best Lancashire muso friend Vini Reilly, guitarist with the Durutti Column, were invited to Morrissey’s mansion, so, even though Whiteside was keen to tag along, the pair gave him the slip.

“That was a cool night. Morrissey was ultra-camp and perhaps a little thrown when I came over all gruff Glasgow and demanded: ‘Gie’s a tour.’ We saw the room with all his Oscar Wilde first editions, the room with the baby grand which he’d bought specially for Vini to play, but there was another one which he said was off-limits. Eventually he relented. I thought I might find a picture of 
Dorian Gray but the multi-gym was a surprise. Norman found his way to Moz’s place later, by the way. When he tried to climb over the garden wall I think the police were called.”

pat_nevin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From the headline I thought this was going to be about Postman Pat. Sadly, it wasn't.

Why would you start what should be an informative post with the phrase "BBC wanker"? It's distracting and makes you look like a prick. Just asking.

If you read the whole interview the excerpt makes a lot more sense as he is discussing other aspects of his life outside football and that is how Moz is brought up. I thought it was a great little insight into the Moz mansion, sadly expect Moz has now put him on a "They dared to tell secrets, I'll never talk to them again" list.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom