Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Mmmmmm said:
I'm thinking that Death Cab For Cutie are one hell of an interesting band. Plans is better than anything Moz has done in almost 10 years.

You're thinking very wise! :) (and Translantacism is great as well!)

I'm thinking about the urgency of studying...:(

I`m thinking some people are c*nts!
My car has just (an hour ago) come off the jack on my drive while I was doing the front brakes and trapped my legs and even though I was shouting help, no c*nt came to help me.

This despite the fact someone was working in their garage nearby and someone slightly further away was moving in.

Eventually I managed to reach the jack which had been pushed some distance away and got it underneath even though there was hardly any room and lifted the car slightly to free my legs.

My legs are badly bruised but fortunately the brake disc kept the car up far enough to stop my legs being completely crushed.Good job the disc wasnt off at the time!

I had a large stone behind one wheel,yet didnt use a axle stand as I wasnt going to get right underneath but when tightening a caliper bolt the car came right off the jack.I`ve done the same operation countless times before without mishap. And I dont normally put my legs under either, but swiveled round to get a good purchase on the tool just at that moment.

I wont be making that mistake again!

I wont work on the car again either when I`m on my own! ( My wife was at work,my 6 year old son at school and my 2 year old daughter was watching nearby but obviously couldnt do any thing except cry.)

I still cant believe no c*nt heard me!

That's so awful!!! I was in Superdrugs a while ago, and this lady collapsed, I mean she was spark out, and it was me and another member of the public who went to help her. The staff stood and stared for a good five minutes before I yelled at them to go and find their first aider.

That's so awful!!! I was in Superdrugs a while ago, and this lady collapsed, I mean she was spark out, and it was me and another member of the public who went to help her. The staff stood and stared for a good five minutes before I yelled at them to go and find their first aider.

Yes thanks for that.
You could probably tell from my colourful language that I was upset (and in pain) when I did that post.

I was up at the hospital earlier today and they said nothing was broken just bad bruising and I had a lucky escape.I also got a lecture about never working on a car without axle stands.

I`m having trouble walking at the moment and didnt go into work tonight (I do shifts) and doubt I will all week.

There is a final irony to this saga too...I was doing the front brakes because of squealing and squeeking recently and so thought I would rough up the pad surfaces (glazed pads can cause squeal) and put copper ease grease on the pad backings and yet when my wife tried out the car this evening to check for any damage to the suspension/wheel etc,she said the brakes still squeal!.

It must be the rear brakes!

They can stay f*cking squealing!

I`m thinking some people are c*nts!
My car has just (an hour ago) come off the jack on my drive while I was doing the front brakes and trapped my legs and even though I was shouting help, no c*nt came to help me.

This despite the fact someone was working in their garage nearby and someone slightly further away was moving in.

I had forgotten what this effect was called, I searched for it all evening :)

Bystander effect

"A victim may be able to counter the bystander effect by picking a specific person in the crowd to appeal to for help rather than appealing to the larger group generally. This places all responsibility on that specific person, instead of allowing it to diffuse"

And my favourite Somebody Else's Problem field (SEP field) :D

"Simply put, an SEP field is an energy field similar to an invisibility field. When somebody, or something, is surrounded by a SEP field, the human brain perceives it as "somebody else's problem", and therefore will be incapable of paying attention to the object (or even seeing it, or recognizing its existence) unless it is being specifically looked for. A primary example of this was given in the third book Life, the Universe and Everything, when a UFO lands in the middle of a cricket ground during a match, and the assembled crowd completely ignores it. Another prime example occurs when the aforementioned ship's field is extended so that the characters fail to notice the fact that they cannot breathe or the fact that the asteroid that they are standing on does not have enough gravitational force to hold them down."

Thank you, chica, for my latest Fado kick... :(

b0000bv20b01sclzzzzzzzqo4.jpg

fadosingerwebjo1.jpg

I wonder what Morrissey would say to me as I eat these BBQ ribs from the local farmers market?

OK, you caught me in a lie :D
I'm thinking how many litres of beer one has to drink to become a butt-rocker ;)

"4 gills of ale and beer is 1 pint, 2 pints = 1 quart, 4 quarts = 1 gallon, 9 gallons = 1 firkin, 2 firkins = 1 kilderkin, 3 kilderkins = 1 hogshead, 2 hogsheads = 1 butt."

I'm thinking if someone is gonna check the general discussion topic about moz albums in rym...and is gonna be touched by my little speech...and vote moz to heaven

I had forgotten what this effect was called, I searched for it all evening :)

Bystander effect

"A victim may be able to counter the bystander effect by picking a specific person in the crowd to appeal to for help rather than appealing to the larger group generally. This places all responsibility on that specific person, instead of allowing it to diffuse"

And my favourite Somebody Else's Problem field (SEP field) :D

"Simply put, an SEP field is an energy field similar to an invisibility field. When somebody, or something, is surrounded by a SEP field, the human brain perceives it as "somebody else's problem", and therefore will be incapable of paying attention to the object (or even seeing it, or recognizing its existence) unless it is being specifically looked for. A primary example of this was given in the third book Life, the Universe and Everything, when a UFO lands in the middle of a cricket ground during a match, and the assembled crowd completely ignores it. Another prime example occurs when the aforementioned ship's field is extended so that the characters fail to notice the fact that they cannot breathe or the fact that the asteroid that they are standing on does not have enough gravitational force to hold them down."

Thanks chica,interesting reading.

I'm thinking about my father who is at present dying of cancer
in hospital.
I'm going to visit him tomorrow.
I'm thinking how sad it is that I won't have any parents
at all anymore and how grief is such a selfish thing.
Life seems so fleeting and I wish I could do more with mine
than I have.
I guess I better get off my arse and do something to change
for the better......:eek:

I'm thinking about my father who is at present dying of cancer
in hospital.
I'm going to visit him tomorrow.
I'm thinking how sad it is that I won't have any parents
at all anymore and how grief is such a selfish thing.
Life seems so fleeting and I wish I could do more with mine
than I have.
I guess I better get off my arse and do something to change
for the better......:eek:

My father is in hospital too dying with cancer and I last saw him a week ago.
The trouble is, it`s a 140 mile roundtrip and as he keeps getting discharged and then re-admitted (they dont know what to do with him) I`m getting a little fatigued with it all.
At first I was rushing off to hospital every time I heard he had gone back in, but now it maybe a week or more before I go.Having family commitments means it can be difficult to just drop everything.

I`m thinking I shouldnt feel fed up with it all,yet I am.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom