Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I'm bored. I thought I could go out again next week once lockdown had lifted, but were still in tier 3. I have to wait a little longer. I don't like drinking at home and it's too cold to drink gallons if vodka and soda on a park bench, so I had a pocket flask of brandy and fed the squirrels again.
Hi Dale. I'm planning on getting to work on various projects in about an hour and a half, but until then I'm allowed to fool around.

I'm still drinking my brandy now. I don't mind drinking at home once I've been out during these difficult times, but I'd never commence drinking at home. Half the thrill of being drunk is being seen to be so. I can't achieve that sat at home on my own. But, like I say, at the moment I am bringing the drinking back home simply because there's nowhere else to go. It's not much fun though.
Get drunk on vocaroo.

I'm still drinking my brandy now. I don't mind drinking at home once I've been out during these difficult times, but I'd never commence drinking at home. Half the thrill of being drunk is being seen to be so. I can't achieve that sat at home on my own. But, like I say, at the moment I am bringing the drinking back home simply because there's nowhere else to go. It's not much fun though.
Ok. DM me ya number, I’ll pop round. Though I don’t drink spirits :rolleyes: unless you have nothing else available, then I’ll compromise. X

my sister bought me a heater!!!
View attachment 65996

she also brought me tea, shortbread cookies and an advent calendar. i cant really drink tea because it gives me bad acid reflux but im going to anyway!
I bought 4 boxes of tea this morning. This the first time I've tried tulsi with lavender. I like it. I doubt it would cause you acid reflux. I find it to be similar to basil.
20201127_121420.jpg

My fridge is dirty I see. I don't see it directly, but do notice it in this photo, now that it's been posted. *sigh* The work is piling up.

I bought 4 boxes of tea this morning. This the first time I've tried tulsi with lavender. I like it. I doubt it would cause you acid reflux. I find it to be similar to basil.
View attachment 66040
even hot water gives me acid reflux!! coffee for some reason doesnt. most coffee. some does. the coffee maker at work does, which makes me SO mad that we cant just have a normal coffee maker at work!!!

Housework is SO depressing. Probably because it brings home the fact that no matter how hard you try, things are irreversibly being sullied and prone to deterioration. Overly house proud people are scared of death and decay and disorder which is the natural way of things.
im like that with a lot of things (even though im not house proud!!). if you like something you want it to last forever. i become obsessed with little flaws in things. the tiniest thing will become the black spot in my eye that ruins my whole day. looking at eddys neck depresses me.

A little foible of mine is that if I buy a new book it has to be in pristine condition from start to finish. I can't bear to damage the spine or crease the pages. I always remember Morrissey becoming animated over the aroma of stationery.
I'm like that with books too. They're like new, when I'm done reading them, unless I decide to write in them.

I gave my books away, to someone I doubt will read them until I'm dead. But recently I got a used one from the community bookshelf, written about R D Laing.

A little foible of mine is that if I buy a new book it has to be in pristine condition from start to finish. I can't bear to damage the spine or crease the pages. I always remember Morrissey becoming animated over the aroma of stationery.
What a terrible foible. 😉

oh not me. im not a book perv. the first thing i do when i get a book is crease the spine in a million places so as not to get a cramp in my hand. i mean, books arent for looking at. the value of their content doesnt decrease as their condition decreases.

I don't know how you can do that Rifke! You can still enjoy the content and keep it pristine. I'm not so bad with second hand books that are already riffled but a brand new book must NOT be opened at more than 45 degrees.
that is some nonsense, dale wharfe! the important thing is that you've read the book, not what it looks like afterward! i can understand wanting clothes to be pristine, because when you care about the condition of your clothes that's an admission that either their value is in how they look or that they serve some functional advantage--like keeping you warm--that would diminished as the quality diminishes. the functional advantage of books is that they hold together pages of words. but it doesnt matter if all the pages fall out because they have little numbers on them, so the book, even in the most abject condition, can still be read as it was meant to be read with nothing lost!

of all the nutty ideas youve held, dale, this takes the cake! i mean, you literally picked the one and only thing a person shouldnt worry about eroding--because the real storage place for books is in your mind, is it not?!

although to be fair, second hands books sometimes gross me out because occasionally they'll have weird smudges or goo on the pages and you have to wonder "what is that?!?!"

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom