Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Yes, the style is like a strange mix of something quite minimalistic and something quite baroque.
Some "demons" and some "protectors" have somehow complex faces, but the Gods, Goddesses and Buddhas have quite "minimal" ones and they manage to paint very expressive faces without using much (eyes, mouth and nose... the rest of the face if often absolutely "flat" and monochrome)... So it's a good tutorial about how to paint expressive faces without going "baroque".
The book of proportions shows the "secrets" or the "how to do it".
I'm encouraged by you being reminded of such splendid artwork by my simple preliminary stage piece.

Yeah, I truly suggest it. Also search for Tangkha on google and you will find many examples (Tangkha... a Tibetan way of painting, but also a way of framing -usually the frame is a piece of fabric that can be rolled as to make the painting easy to carry from temple to temple... but you will find many interesting paintings).

An example:

detail.jpg

The style reminds me of your style because the colours are "flat" and there isn't really an intention of making them look 3D (somehow like the gothic paintings in which there is no perspective).... Maybe I am crazy, but I see a resemblance! (this is just a random example of a detail of a tangkha).
I'm checking out Tangkha paintings now. Thank you for pointing it out.

Months living in this strange way. What's normal and what's not normal? Everything that seemed quite important last year looks different now. This new situation reminds of the books I read about wars.They change almost everything in people's lives. I can't read fiction anymore. I feel very close to my grandmother, who used to say she didn't like novels because her own life was enoughly novelistic for her. I'm thinking a lot about her lately, and how a smart person became half a person just for being a woman. So many wonderful minds wasted in this pathetic world for the wrong reasons. Sometimes I feel there's another reality where everything is right and that this is a joke.

Months living in this strange way. What's normal and what's not normal? Everything that seemed quite important last year looks different now. This new situation reminds of the books I read about wars.They change almost everything in people's lives. I can't read fiction anymore. I feel very close to my grandmother, who used to say she didn't like novels because her own life was enoughly novelistic for her. I'm thinking a lot about her lately, and how a smart person became half a person just for being a woman. So many wonderful minds wasted in this pathetic world for the wrong reasons. Sometimes I feel there's another reality where everything is right and that this is a joke.

There is another world
There is a better world
Well, there must be

I look at people being sincere and humble and I wonder how they pull it off. It must be a lack of knowledge on their part of just how scheming they have to be as a human being. How you have to scheme and plan to get through. A completely sincere person wouldn't survive past the age of twenty. Anyone who continues to exist after that age, has inevitably had to scheme.
Yes, I am blind
But I do see
Evil people prosper
Over the likes of you and me
Always

I look at people being sincere and humble and I wonder how they pull it off. It must be a lack of knowledge on their part of just how scheming they have to be as a human being. How you have to scheme and plan to get through. A completely sincere person wouldn't survive past the age of twenty. Anyone who continues to exist after that age, has inevitably had to scheme.
I try to keep my scheming to a minimum. Not being scheming has cost me dearly.

I try to keep my scheming to a minimum. Not being scheming has cost me dearly.
What if there exists such a phenomena as an honest hearted soul ?
A person without agenda, a person who goes through this mess ( life ) trying to see the best in everything and everyone as impossible as it may seem.
Selfless and putting others ahead of their own desires...it’s not unbelievable.
And so what if others take advantage ? they have to live with that on their consciences til their deathbed.
Such persons do exist they have no ulterior motive they do not scheme they give and they give and they give
They may feel the odd brick in the small of the back again...but sticks and stones.

Last edited:
What if there exists such a phenomena as an honest hearted soul ?
A person without agenda, a person who goes through this mess ( life ) trying to see the best in everything and everyone as impossible as it may seem.
Selfless and putting others ahead of their own desires...it’s not unbelievable.
And so what if others take advantage ? they have to live with that on their consciences til their deathbed.
Such persons do exist they have no ulterior motive they do not scheme they give and they give and they give
They may feel the odd brick in the small of the back again...but sticks and stones.
I'm not selfless and I don't put others ahead of my own desires. Maybe a little, sometimes. 😊

Its just a theory but, when I see very small children I am amazed at how they trust everyone and believe everything
I'm not selfless and I don't put others ahead of my own desires. Maybe a little, sometimes. 😊
What I think it boils down to (you might call it Karma)
What you put out returns to you wether for good or bad
I think it’s reaping what you sow
If you plant sunflower seeds you catch the sun....there will be some weeds and thorns in there but look at the panoramic view I see so many sad people everyday some are end of life so I just try to be the best I possibly can there will always be negatives around but it doesn’t matter the good Always outweighs the bad.

I'm tempted to let it all go. I'd be struggling, but you know the more I think about work, the more I'd like to let it go. The trouble is, I can't afford it at the moment. I'm honestly getting to that age where I feel I've done enough. It's time to think about letting go. I'm too old for all this. There has to be another way. Work is too difficult.
I was in the same exact place feeling the very same as you.
So just decided enough is enough the time is now and chucked out everything that drained my happiness, including possessions. I simplified cut the t.v off unplugged the radio bought some wine and sat in the sun
I do work on a relief basis I pick my days and times
When I go to work I pour myself out like a drink give every ounce of strength to the job
Come home, veg out, pray in the solace and am grateful for the small things
My neighbours are every colour creed and background you can imagine and I’m blessed to have them.
Yesterday I knocked on 18 doors to say hello and compile a neighbourhood complaint on behalf of them all
It was a long day but worthwhile
I slept well last night life is hard for us all it’s the same boat different shifts but we all need to take a turn at the oars.
A famous man once said: “Find what you Love and let it kill you” think it was Bokowski.

I don't mind admitting that I'm winding down now. I don't want my job to be too difficult. And it shouldn't be anyway. It's basically an administrative role. They've tried to make out its more than that but it's not. I look at what they're paying me and I know what's expected of me at that price.... Not much.

What’s really Brilliant is that you can see the merit
You can discern the value, your own worth and your own value
So grab my bull by it’s horns and do it Your way.
The bullfighter dies..the Bull lives on.!

I want to be left alone. I've had so many years of being talked to like a piece of shit. I'm at that stage where retirement beckons. I'm at the stage where I don't want fear to be part of my vocabulary. Im at the stage where I'm becoming an old man and I don't need to be talked to in the way my employer chooses to talk to me. I find it objectionable. I find it negates everything about me. I find it wholly unacceptable.
You are right to feel offended by it but remember that the way they talk to you is more about who they are as a person than who you are. People like that are given one little bit of authority and they find the validation they never felt anywhere else in their life. They don't really trust it. They suspect that you don't fully respect their authority and so they set to work making it plain that they are above you in the system which provides employment to both of you.
You can't control how other people behave but you can control how you react. Allow them their fantasy that their life somehow has meaning. That's what they're really struggling for. And don't take it personally when their poor manners and obvious lack of decency become apparent.

People will always throw stones in your path
It’s up to you to decide whether to pick them up and build a bridge or a wall
Build for Your future ...let God be your architect.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom