Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

The arboretum is having a classical music event this weekend which looks like fun. You just wander and look while a quartet plays
whoa thats' SO novel!!! never heard of such a thing in all my life!!!

got my first batch of books in the mail today!! (edo's trying to decide what he should read first)

@bun bun let me know if you want me to type out the first or so page of narcissus and goldmund for you! just tell me up to what word or sentence (or approximation of sentence) i should type.

View attachment 76484

¿ƃuᴉʞuᴉɹp ʎppƎ sᴉ ʇɐɥʍ 'osl∀ ¡¡¡sʞooq ɹnoʎ llɐ ʎoɾuǝ 'ʎɐʍʎu∀ ˙ǝuo ʇɐɥʇ ʇǝƃ ʇɥƃᴉW ˙ǝldoǝd ɹǝɥʇo ɥʇᴉʍ uoᴉʇɔɐɹǝʇuᴉ puɐ sdᴉɥsuoᴉʇɐlǝɹ s’ǝuo sʇɔǝɟɟɐ uᴉɐd uᴉ ƃuᴉǝq ǝʇɐɔᴉunɯɯoɔ oʇ ʎʇᴉlᴉqɐuᴉ/ʎʇᴉlᴉqɐ ǝɥʇ puɐ uᴉɐd ʇuɐʇsuoɔ uᴉ ƃuᴉǝq ʍoɥ puɐ uᴉɐd ƃuᴉʇɐlnɔᴉʇɹɐ ɟo ʇdǝɔuoɔ ǝloɥʍ ǝɥʇ uᴉ pǝʇsǝɹǝʇuᴉ ɯ’I ˙uᴉɐԀ uᴉ ʎpoq ǝɥ┴ uᴉ pǝʇsǝɹǝʇuᴉ ǝlʇʇᴉl ɐ ɯ’I ¿ʇsɹᴉɟ pɐǝɹ llᴉʍ ǝɥ ǝuo ɥɔᴉɥʍ pǝpᴉɔǝp ⅄ppǝ sɐH

˙dlǝɥ ɹnoʎ ɹoɟ noʎ ʞuɐɥʇ ʇnq 'ʇᴉ oʇuᴉ ʎɐʍ ɟlɐɥ ʎpɐǝɹlɐ ɯ’I 'ʎɐʍʎuɐ oS ˙ʎɹʇ ɐ ǝʌᴉƃ plnoɔ I ʇɥƃnoɥʇ I ʇɐɥʇ punoɹɐ ƃuᴉʎl punɯploפ pun ssᴉzɹɐN ɟo ʎdoɔ ʇuǝᴉɔuɐ uɐ pɐɥ I ʇnq sǝnssᴉ uoᴉsᴉʌ ʎɯ ɟo ǝsnɐɔǝq sʞooqoᴉpnɐ ɹǝɟǝɹd I
˙ǝqn┴no⅄ uo ƃuᴉɥʇ ǝɥʇ ɟlɐɥ oʇ pǝuǝʇsᴉl ʎpɐǝɹlɐ ǝʌ’I ʇnq 'ǝƃɐd ʇsɹᴉɟ ǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ʇno ǝɯ ƃuᴉdlǝɥ ɹoɟ ɥɔnɯ os noʎ ʞuɐɥ┴ ¡sʞooq ɹnoʎ pǝʌᴉǝɔǝɹ ǝʌɐɥ ⅄ppƎ puɐ noʎ pɐlƃ oS

¿ƃuᴉʞuᴉɹp ʎppƎ sᴉ ʇɐɥʍ 'osl∀ ¡¡¡sʞooq ɹnoʎ llɐ ʎoɾuǝ 'ʎɐʍʎu∀ ˙ǝuo ʇɐɥʇ ʇǝƃ ʇɥƃᴉW ˙ǝldoǝd ɹǝɥʇo ɥʇᴉʍ uoᴉʇɔɐɹǝʇuᴉ puɐ sdᴉɥsuoᴉʇɐlǝɹ s’ǝuo sʇɔǝɟɟɐ uᴉɐd uᴉ ƃuᴉǝq ǝʇɐɔᴉunɯɯoɔ oʇ ʎʇᴉlᴉqɐuᴉ/ʎʇᴉlᴉqɐ ǝɥʇ puɐ uᴉɐd ʇuɐʇsuoɔ uᴉ ƃuᴉǝq ʍoɥ puɐ uᴉɐd ƃuᴉʇɐlnɔᴉʇɹɐ ɟo ʇdǝɔuoɔ ǝloɥʍ ǝɥʇ uᴉ pǝʇsǝɹǝʇuᴉ ɯ’I ˙uᴉɐԀ uᴉ ʎpoq ǝɥ┴ uᴉ pǝʇsǝɹǝʇuᴉ ǝlʇʇᴉl ɐ ɯ’I ¿ʇsɹᴉɟ pɐǝɹ llᴉʍ ǝɥ ǝuo ɥɔᴉɥʍ pǝpᴉɔǝp ⅄ppǝ sɐH

˙dlǝɥ ɹnoʎ ɹoɟ noʎ ʞuɐɥʇ ʇnq 'ʇᴉ oʇuᴉ ʎɐʍ ɟlɐɥ ʎpɐǝɹlɐ ɯ’I 'ʎɐʍʎuɐ oS ˙ʎɹʇ ɐ ǝʌᴉƃ plnoɔ I ʇɥƃnoɥʇ I ʇɐɥʇ punoɹɐ ƃuᴉʎl punɯploפ pun ssᴉzɹɐN ɟo ʎdoɔ ʇuǝᴉɔuɐ uɐ pɐɥ I ʇnq sǝnssᴉ uoᴉsᴉʌ ʎɯ ɟo ǝsnɐɔǝq sʞooqoᴉpnɐ ɹǝɟǝɹd I
˙ǝqn┴no⅄ uo ƃuᴉɥʇ ǝɥʇ ɟlɐɥ oʇ pǝuǝʇsᴉl ʎpɐǝɹlɐ ǝʌ’I ʇnq 'ǝƃɐd ʇsɹᴉɟ ǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ʇno ǝɯ ƃuᴉdlǝɥ ɹoɟ ɥɔnɯ os noʎ ʞuɐɥ┴ ¡sʞooq ɹnoʎ pǝʌᴉǝɔǝɹ ǝʌɐɥ ⅄ppƎ puɐ noʎ pɐlƃ o

bun bun, im alarmed!! your writing is upside down!! do you see that or am i going crazy?!

EddY and i are reading "the immoralist" by andre gide first because it's the shortest at 170 pages, and since i did buy 30 books, i figure that the sooner i am able to tick the books off, the less overwhelming that number will be, and the more momentum i will have for reading them all. whereas if i start with, say, doctor faustus (which arrived today and is a long book with demoralizingly tiny print), my reading might stall (as it did the last time i tackled a thomas mann book, in that case, the magic mountain). i read the immoralist many years ago, when i was seventeen and on my first overseas trip, and i remember enjoying it, so thought i would revisit it. im still enjoying it although it's a very easy read!

out of all the books i ordered i was most looking forward to "the body in pain". ive read a couple other books on pain before ("pain: the fifth vital sign" by marni jackson, and "sacred pain: hurting the body for the sake of the soul" by somebody or other), and it's really quite fascinating the way we experience and communicate and remember pain, and the history of pain and role it plays in society and the way culture and identity are shaped by it, as well as the medical and scientific aspects of it. there is so much that science cant explain about how the mind experiences pain. obviosuly, i guess, you would have a more personal interest in it. it's interesting to me too on a personal level, though in a different way, because ive always enjoyed being sick and even having a nice little stomach ache or headache on occasion, and even though im as adverse to stubbing a toe as the next person, ive always been able to recognize that the experience is divided into two sensations: the immediate painful feeling and the secondary feeling of relaxation and integration that follows the pain--all of which isnt just some weird perversion that came with age and leading a boring life, because even when i was a child i was like that. the book itself looks from a quick glance through a bit textbooky so i hope it will be readable.

ill let you know what i think! and let me know what you think of narcissus and goldmund!! maybe eddy and i will read that one next!!

hope you're well, bun bun, despite the upside down typing!!! 🙃

Last edited:
a customer told me i could be a hand model today :lbf: naturally, i thought of verso.
my response was to hold out both my middle fingers to show her the enlarged knuckle on my right hand, and instead of saying "i cant really tell" like most people do, she said "oh yeah... do you have arthritis?" :(

a customer told me i could be a hand model today :lbf: naturally, i thought of verso.
my response was to hold out both my middle fingers to show her the enlarged knuckle on my right hand, and instead of saying "i cant really tell" like most people do, she said "oh yeah... do you have arthritis?" :(
Oh is there something wrong with them? (I've never seen your hands I guess ¯\_(°_°)_/¯) that's kinda mean of the lady in my opinion

are they chocolate chip? i dont like chocolate chip cookies :( i would not be adverse to eating a bit of the batter though!!
They are (and the batter was good : )) I eat everything including the scrapings of uncooked meringues in the bowl more than three times (SO GOOD) so I'm not worried about salmonella

disgusting headline in todays paper. so not only are unvaxxed people responsible for the spread of covid, but now they're responsible for other people not being able to get the medical care they need. what sickening tactics these people have. the person who wrote this should be so ashamed. when this is all over and done with those people who contributed to creating this nightmare scenario of a two tier society better--in the words of one norseman who's vlog i sometimes watch--run.

______________________________________________________________________________________________...jpg

disgusting headline in todays paper. so not only are unvaxxed people responsible for the spread of covid, but now they're responsible for other people not being able to get the medical care they need. what sickening tactics these people have. the person who wrote this should be so ashamed. when this is all over and done with those people who contributed to creating this nightmare scenario of a two tier society better--in the words of one norseman who's vlog i sometimes watch--run.

View attachment 76526
🙄 Everything is everyone's else's fault, isn't it?

Ah… i wouldn't have pointed it out i don't think
well mostly i just did it because i needed a response to her complimenting my hands. i mean, what was i supposed to say "aw shucks, thanks. teehee"? im not that bothered. when i first noticed it it bothered me, because i wasnt sure that it wasnt going to grow and just get bigger and bigger, but it's stayed the same since the first time i noticed it a few years ago, and like i said, it's not noticeable unless i point it out. some people just naturally have big knuckles like that and the only reason why it looks funny to me, is because it's bigger, relatively speaking, than any of my other knuckles.

They are (and the batter was good : )) I eat everything including the scrapings of uncooked meringues in the bowl more than three times (SO GOOD) so I'm not worried about salmonella
im not worried about salmonella either. back when i was on some weirdo health kick (trying to be gaston from beauty & the beast, i think) i used to drink raw eggs. shit, was that disgusting. far grosser than you would think.

got more books in the mail today. theyre all used and im a little grossed out by this latest batch. one, the executioners song, had a business card for some sort of lube business in the pages and the jacket felt all greasy. i wiped them all down with lysol wipes but im still a little put off. i forgot how gross used books can be.

I saw a Twitter account that was just like Reel - Kalergi Plan, black people in adverts etc etc - but she was claiming Keane had written a white nationalist anthem.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom