Post YOUR Collection Thread

I have 77 vinyls (singles and albums), last time I counted and 62 CDs (singles & albums). I'd say it's not too bad for a 19 year old who's only been collecting for 4 years. I am very proud of it all. I'll have to get some pictures taken soon.

Very true. You should be proud. Well done! :guitar:

Very true. You should be proud. Well done! :guitar:

We'll make that 80 vinyls now.

And beast, I won't disagree with you about sectioning me. Maybe it's what I need. My girlfriend thinks I just might be getting a little bit addicted, but it's her fault it's got that big. Everytime we see something I always say 'No, I shouldn't buy it' but she just eggs me on.
And she's seen Morrissey twice, and she's coming on the 23rd May with me, so she can't speak anyway.

Moz is currently on Radio 2, 'First of the Gang to Die'. What a juicy song to have on in the morning.

We'll make that 80 vinyls now.

And beast, I won't disagree with you about sectioning me. Maybe it's what I need. My girlfriend thinks I just might be getting a little bit addicted, but it's her fault it's got that big. Everytime we see something I always say 'No, I shouldn't buy it' but she just eggs me on.
And she's seen Morrissey twice, and she's coming on the 23rd May with me, so she can't speak anyway.

until i sold the majority of my collection last year, i would never ever play any of them as i had no record player and the cd's never got a run out as the tunes were on my comp and walkman phone. so basically i had hundreds of items that i didn't use. every now and then i'd stare at them like a mong:obut i didn't half waste money:mad:

until i sold the majority of my collection last year, i would never ever play any of them as i had no record player and the cd's never got a run out as the tunes were on my comp and walkman phone. so basically i had hundreds of items that i didn't use. every now and then i'd stare at them like a mong:obut i didn't half waste money:mad:

I actually listen to my vinyl though. I like buying the CDs because I can put them on my XBox, PC MP3 player etc, plus they look nice. But I do listen to my vinyl over CDs etc. My turntable isn't bad, speakers are quite decent and I just prefer the sound if I'm honest.
It does wind me up a bit when people buy vinyl and don't play it. I just don't see the point. It's like someone buying a toy for a child and not letting them play with it. If it's not played it is just a big waste and could go to someone who will actually get some use and pleasure out of it.

I actually listen to my vinyl though. I like buying the CDs because I can put them on my XBox, PC MP3 player etc, plus they look nice. But I do listen to my vinyl over CDs etc. My turntable isn't bad, speakers are quite decent and I just prefer the sound if I'm honest.
It does wind me up a bit when people buy vinyl and don't play it. I just don't see the point. It's like someone buying a toy for a child and not letting them play with it. If it's not played it is just a big waste and could go to someone who will actually get some use and pleasure out of it.

don't forget i got most of my vinly before i got rid of the record player, 94-95. the vinly i bought after that went straight in the box:mad: though i'm grateful to the folks off here and wide who have bought my items as i've had some marvellous jolly's with the money. a special big thanks to one person.....again:rolleyes::p

don't forget i got most of my vinly before i got rid of the record player, 94-95. the vinly i bought after that went straight in the box:mad: though i'm grateful to the folks off here and wide who have bought my items as i've had some marvellous jolly's with the money. a special big thanks to one person.....again:rolleyes::p

I think it's absolutely fair enough getting rid of your vinyl if you don't have a turntable, but there are people out there who just buy it for the sake of having it, and just stare at it, even though they could play it. I get the most out of my vinyl, and I certainly don't feel like I've wasted the money I've spent.

I think it's absolutely fair enough getting rid of your vinyl if you don't have a turntable, but there are people out there who just buy it for the sake of having it, and just stare at it, even though they could play it. I get the most out of my vinyl, and I certainly don't feel like I've wasted the money I've spent.

a few years ago i went to lincoln to buy something off i guy who was selling a massive collection. i didn't want it going through the post, so drove over. the lad was getting married and was gutted to part with everything. i ended up taking a few more items off his hands before he listed them and he was happy and i was happy, though i did feel a bit guilty. one of the items i made an absolute killing on thanks to someone on here. i was gutted initially when i started to sell but once the first lot had gone, that was it:)

Hopefully I won't get to the point where I want to or need to sell my record collection. I've had to see my dad do it so many times for the money, and it's not very nice seeing him part with something he loves. I remember he had a signed Jam album signed by all three members, which he had to sell, and that wasn't fantastic.

Hopefully I won't get to the point where I want to or need to sell my record collection. I've had to see my dad do it so many times for the money, and it's not very nice seeing him part with something he loves. I remember he had a signed Jam album signed by all three members, which he had to sell, and that wasn't fantastic.

it's just the way it goes. the item i bought and made a mint on, the lad was about to list it on ebay and before i arrived he was in need of cash asap. so i gingerly forced the issue and asked him to name his price. i got the item and all was well. it's now in someone eles's mits and for what they paid for it i'd be surprised if it left there mits again:eek:

it's just the way it goes. the item i bought and made a mint on, the lad was about to list it on ebay and before i arrived he was in need of cash asap. so i gingerly forced the issue and asked him to name his price. i got the item and all was well. it's now in someone eles's mits and for what they paid for it i'd be surprised if it left there mits again:eek:

Yeah, I suppose it is the way it goes. He has got a lot of his collection back now. He collects Madness records, Two Tone singles/albums, Jam records and some 70's punk. Just a shame that he won't ever get some of his stuff back.
If it did come to a point where I had to sell some, there are a few I just wouldn't sell at all, especially Southpaw Grammar 12". It's not exactly a huge rarity, but it took some finding, it is in mint condition and has the booklet with it.

Yeah, I suppose it is the way it goes. He has got a lot of his collection back now. He collects Madness records, Two Tone singles/albums, Jam records and some 70's punk. Just a shame that he won't ever get some of his stuff back.
If it did come to a point where I had to sell some, there are a few I just wouldn't sell at all, especially Southpaw Grammar 12". It's not exactly a huge rarity, but it took some finding, it is in mint condition and has the booklet with it.

there's a few items i didn't sell for similar reasons and they weren't the rare items amongst my collection;)

there's a few items i didn't sell for similar reasons and they weren't the rare items amongst my collection;)

I know what you mean. Some of my favourites aren't that rare, and have sentimental value over monetary value, such as Southpaw Grammar 12", Viva Hate 12 (first LP I bought"), 7" What Difference Does it Make (Morrissey cover). I do love rarities, don't get me wrong, but I think some people do go very much over the top with getting LP's from 50 different countries.

Also, on the subject of Southpaw Grammar, I've just been to the post office depot to pick up my Japanese Southpaw Grammar promo cassette. It's lovely.

pictures!:pray:

I will do one day soon.
Today I bought the 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' promo for £15 and 'Tomorrow' US single for £12.00 from Vinyl Exchange, Manchester.

I just won the mis-titled version of 'Viva Hate', 'Education In Reverse' on ebay for £12.01. Seller has 100% positive feedback etc.

I will do one day soon.
Today I bought the 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' promo for £15 and 'Tomorrow' US single for £12.00 from Vinyl Exchange, Manchester.

I just won the mis-titled version of 'Viva Hate', 'Education In Reverse' on ebay for £12.01. Seller has 100% positive feedback etc.

mis-titled? not the aussie release?

Barbarism Begins At Home

in order

12" UK 1-sided testpressung of B-Side RTT 171B
there are two 1-sided t/p of the promo.
the testpressing RTT 171A should have a
b-side with 3 tracks of tone test. unfortunately
i havent got this.
both come in a plain white label and white sleeve.
should be only 10 - 20 copy in existence.

2 x 2-sided uk promo
2 x 1-sided uk promo w/promo sheet

12" greek copy

Meat Is Mourder tourprogramm

2 x french promo

2 x German 12"

italian and german 7"

4 UK CD and 1 x Australien CD-single

if there is anyone
here who has the other 1-sided t/p 4sale,
send a PM

thnx for looking

Stefan R

Well I just had to comment on this. It's one of my favorite sleeves. Sadly, I only have the tour program. I'm envying the size of some of the collections here. And saddened about those who to let some of their collections go.

My Beethoven Was Deaf 12" arrived yesterday, excellent condition, £25. Bargain!
Just waiting on my 'Education In Reverse' (Viva Hate) now.

smiths.jpg

Not nearly as expansive as the many other collections in this thread, but I'm proud of it. I'm slowly getting Morrissey's stuff, along with happening upon the various projects Johnny's done.

I feel like my Smiths collection is pretty complete now, but I fear that it'll grow if I ever go to an old record shop. I know if I find a single I won't be able to stop myself from buying it. >.>;;

Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom