Post YOUR Collection Thread

smiths.jpg

Not nearly as expansive as the many other collections in this thread, but I'm proud of it. I'm slowly getting Morrissey's stuff, along with happening upon the various projects Johnny's done.

I feel like my Smiths collection is pretty complete now, but I fear that it'll grow if I ever go to an old record shop. I know if I find a single I won't be able to stop myself from buying it. >.>;;

good on you we all start somewhere , keep it up as long as your happy thats what matters :thumb:

smiths.jpg

Not nearly as expansive as the many other collections in this thread, but I'm proud of it. I'm slowly getting Morrissey's stuff, along with happening upon the various projects Johnny's done.

I feel like my Smiths collection is pretty complete now, but I fear that it'll grow if I ever go to an old record shop. I know if I find a single I won't be able to stop myself from buying it. >.>;;

you NEED vauxhall and i.

you NEED vauxhall and i.
From all I hear about that album I think it's next on my list, along with YOR. (Then maybe You are the Quarry.) I try to buy the albums one at a time to fully play out the last album before getting a new one. But I've still yet to get through "Viva Hate". (For example, I just fell in love with "Alsatian Cousin" and so I feel the need to listen to it non-stop for a good week or so. Heh...)
I was planning on getting through a lot of Morrissey's albums before I go see him live, but I think that plan's become futile. ^^;

Many regard Vauxhall as his best solo album , it has amazing tracks but again...many regard Maladjusted as a very bad album but, after listening for some time, i find it bloody good. Enjoy the music!!
Cheers Moz

From all I hear about that album I think it's next on my list, along with YOR. (Then maybe You are the Quarry.) I try to buy the albums one at a time to fully play out the last album before getting a new one. But I've still yet to get through "Viva Hate". (For example, I just fell in love with "Alsatian Cousin" and so I feel the need to listen to it non-stop for a good week or so. Heh...)
I was planning on getting through a lot of Morrissey's albums before I go see him live, but I think that plan's become futile. ^^;

you can pick them all up fairly cheaply so you should be ok :guitar:

you can pick them all up fairly cheaply so you should be ok :guitar:
yeah most of the the smiths/moz albums are fairly priced some even on a mid price...at least when i bought them ( teh offical released ones all new, not used of course) might be highpriced nowadays ?

The Smiths albums are ridiculously priced here. At the extreme end, at this bookstore I buy from, they're all $19+. (Save for Strangeways. I think because there's a printing error in the booklet. It's cheapness is the reason I bought it in the first place, but that was still $12.)

The Moz albums are really reasonably priced. I'm surprised. Nothing more than $12 at the really expensive store. I even bought Viva Hate used for $6 and it hadn't even been opened before.

We'll make that 80 vinyls now.

And beast, I won't disagree with you about sectioning me. Maybe it's what I need. My girlfriend thinks I just might be getting a little bit addicted, but it's her fault it's got that big. Everytime we see something I always say 'No, I shouldn't buy it' but she just eggs me on.
And she's seen Morrissey twice, and she's coming on the 23rd May with me, so she can't speak anyway.

Oh snap :\

Seriously I am in exactly the same boat. Morrissey is the reason I met her though so I suppose its in her best interest to spur me on :p

I was in HMV Manchester yesterday - all of the Smiths and most Morrissey albums were two for £10.

It's great to buy cheap records, but its a disgrace to the legacy of one of Britain's finest bands. De-values their worth.

I hope when/if Johnny Marr remasters the albums and re-releases them all they are kept at a respectable price and not consigned to the bargain bin.

Speaking of bargain bins, I thought the Singles boxed set would be there by now, but, HMV had it on the shelves for £59!

Dave

The Smiths albums are ridiculously priced here. At the extreme end, at this bookstore I buy from, they're all $19+. (Save for Strangeways. I think because there's a printing error in the booklet. It's cheapness is the reason I bought it in the first place, but that was still $12.)

The Moz albums are really reasonably priced. I'm surprised. Nothing more than $12 at the really expensive store. I even bought Viva Hate used for $6 and it hadn't even been opened before.

I think that £ 59 for the Box Set is just criminal. We go from one extreme to another.
Cheers Moz

Ooh, I didn't know they released 3" singles for western artists! I'd love a copy of that version of Suedehead because I just love the format. Is that the only single released like that?

The only drawback is that they don't fit nicely on shelves like regular CDs do. I have a bunch from Japanese artists but I just flop them on top of the shelved CDs.

Ooh, I didn't know they released 3" singles for western artists! I'd love a copy of that version of Suedehead because I just love the format. Is that the only single released like that?

The only drawback is that they don't fit nicely on shelves like regular CDs do. I have a bunch from Japanese artists but I just flop them on top of the shelved CDs.

That's the only Japanese 3" CD. Ouija Board was also released in the 3" format in Austria, so it's a totally different package.

"I Know Very Well How I Got My Note Wrong" also, but that doesn't really count.

Flax, does the UK version of 'the sound of the smiths' come in the jewel case with the rounded corners? is that what i'm seeing on the bottom/middle shelf?

Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom