Post YOUR Collection Thread

That's most of my collection of all artists, with the exception of 7"s, 10"s and box sets. The rack was custom made by Stumasa and measures about 8' tall. Attached to the wall with earthquake straps. Even my 6'3" friends can't reach the top row without the aid of a step ladder. Now I have to figure out where my next rack will go. I want to incorporate 12"s, 7"s and cd's this time.

How do you have them organized, "Alpha by 'author'" or album title, or genre...?

How do you have them organized, "Alpha by 'author'" or album title, or genre...?

They're organized alphabetically by artist, but I have compilations and reggae in their own sections. I have a harder time remembering what compilations I have, so it's easier just to tack them on at the end.

With reggae, there are so many random artists that they'd just get lost if I put them in with the rest. The reggae section is all alphabetical, with artists and compilation names. I'm still in the low 200s with reggae so it's not too hard to find any particular title.

In my advanced years the brain is fading, and I've been accidentally buying the same thing twice; like Cocteau Twins albums and Sundays cd singles; I noticed I had a couple inadvertent duplicates.

They're organized alphabetically by artist, but I have compilations and reggae in their own sections. I have a harder time remembering what compilations I have, so it's easier just to tack them on at the end.

With reggae, there are so many random artists that they'd just get lost if I put them in with the rest. The reggae section is all alphabetical, with artists and compilation names. I'm still in the low 200s with reggae so it's not too hard to find any particular title.

In my advanced years the brain is fading, and I've been accidentally buying the same thing twice; like Cocteau Twins albums and Sundays cd singles; I noticed I had a couple inadvertent duplicates.

You haven't added any technology and made a searchable spreadsheet or database so that you can type in a song or album name and get a quick link to where it would be located in the "stacks"?

You haven't added any technology and made a searchable spreadsheet or database so that you can type in a song or album name and get a quick link to where it would be located in the "stacks"?

That would be a good idea for my phone, as it does have Excel. It'd just take so long to do. A friend gave me a 160GB Ipod for Xmas 1.5 years ago and I'm still only up to "S".

Thought I'd share my Strangeways vinyl collection with you

Left column from the top - Poster flat, german grey vinyl, UK embosed, uk standard (this is the one I bought first when I was a young lad)

Right column from the top - UK with green and brown text, uk with green text, Sweden green text and UK in dark green. I have a soft spot for the green text ones :)

Also, not photographed - white label, 10" version and the US promos for Girlfriend in a coma and stop me if...

Non vinyl includes Rough trade and WEA cd, Japan mini album, wea CD with green text (thank Mikael), promo poster and HUGE HMV promo board.

I'm not obsessed with this album. Honest :thumb:

Dave

Those are nice Dave, I think I'll start looking for an LP with green text. I have a whopping nine different copies of Strangeways, so far.

Vinyl is my thing but I dont collect foreign versions of them apart from the odd beautiful Tokuma labels. However I was afraid at one point that my "Hatful Of Hollow" collection would never stop:) This is what I have so far:

1. Ordinary LP.
2. Re-issue
3. WEA 10" France release.
4. White label test pressing with missing dot on rear sleeve.
5. Ordinary release with missing dot on rear sleeve.
6. LP with inner sleeve mistake showing HSIN on the B side and Youve Got Everything Now on the A side Plus this one has a mispelling i.e. sleeve by Morrisey:eek:.

PICT0001.jpg

Haha Sue, it never ends but that's the fun part. As for Hatful, there are foreign LPs with a much lighter blue colour.

Since I just completed my Playboys "official" releases I thought I'd share a pic. Of course there would also be an Abbey Road in-house cassette, test pressings etc but still. The Brazilian 12" promo is not there because I don't collect various artists releases.

DSC01924-1.jpg

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK CD5 [HMV CDPOP1620]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK 7" [HMV POP1620]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK 7" [HMV POP1620 (paper sleeve)]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - EEC 7" [EMI 20 3218 7]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Italy 7" [EMI Italiana 20 3218 7]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Portugal 7" [EMI 20 3218 7]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Australia 7" [EMI Australia EMI2197]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK 12" [EMI 12POPDJ1620]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK 12" [HMV 12POP1620]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - EEC 12" [EMI 20 3218 6]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Greece 12" [EMI 052-2032186]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Italy 12" [EMI Italiana 20 3218 6]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - USA 12" [Sire/Reprise 9 21163-0]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Canada 12" [Sire/Reprise 92 11630]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Australia 12" [EMI Australia ED399]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK CMS [HMV TCPOP1620]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - USA CMS [Sire/Reprise 9 21163-4]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Australia CMS [EMI Australia TC-ED399]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Uruguay CMS [EMI 501733-4]

:bow:
Since I just completed my Playboys "official" releases I thought I'd share a pic. Of course there would also be an Abbey Road in-house cassette, test pressings etc but still. The Brazilian 12" promo is not there because I don't collect various artists releases.

DSC01924-1.jpg

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK CD5 [HMV CDPOP1620]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK 7" [HMV POP1620]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK 7" [HMV POP1620 (paper sleeve)]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - EEC 7" [EMI 20 3218 7]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Italy 7" [EMI Italiana 20 3218 7]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Portugal 7" [EMI 20 3218 7]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Australia 7" [EMI Australia EMI2197]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK 12" [EMI 12POPDJ1620]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK 12" [HMV 12POP1620]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - EEC 12" [EMI 20 3218 6]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Greece 12" [EMI 052-2032186]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Italy 12" [EMI Italiana 20 3218 6]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - USA 12" [Sire/Reprise 9 21163-0]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Canada 12" [Sire/Reprise 92 11630]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Australia 12" [EMI Australia ED399]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - UK CMS [HMV TCPOP1620]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - USA CMS [Sire/Reprise 9 21163-4]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Australia CMS [EMI Australia TC-ED399]
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys - Uruguay CMS [EMI 501733-4]

you blow me away :bow:

Yeah, zing:rolleyes:

That's amazing Beau, I have seen something similar for Suedehead. Thank you very much for sharing a picture:) If I could have a dream "icing on the cake" item for Playboys it would be a 7"UK test pressing. One can dream.

I remember seeing double 10" 1-sided US acetates for Suedehead at Mod Lang in Berkeley, California, in the mid '90s. It was too expensive then.

I don't think I have the 7" test pressing, but I just looked at my 12"s and found this.

mozplayboytp1.jpg

Last edited:
Again, thanks for sharing a pic, it's lovely! I've never seen a UK 7" test pressing for the earliest singles, only 10"acetates.

Here's something for you Dave. It's a copy of the France RT/Virgin CD, front and back normal

DSC01926.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

But check out the spine, green as can be:)

DSC01930.jpg

Here's something for you Dave. It's a copy of the France RT/Virgin CD, front and back normal

But check out the spine, green as can be:)

DSC01930.jpg

Ooooo You bugger! I'll have to start asking... :lbf:

If you check the spines of the vinyl - some text is brown and some green - usually the opposite colour to the front, but not always...

Dave

Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom