Post YOUR Collection Thread

wow mrmorrissey1, I was moist before...now I just came! :eek:

In mrmorrissey1's photo is that the 'two lumps please' mug? That has been my dream object for a while, would love to have my morning cuppa in a Moz mug...

I'm not much of a collector, esp since I had all my CD's stolen a few years back, don't want to go through the experience of losing anything again. But have enjoyed looking at the collections posted.

Picture173.jpg
Picture172-1.jpg

Is that all you`ve got?

mrmorrissey1

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh my gosh..what a collection!

I'm really sorry but it looks as if I just outbid you on the "That's Entertainment" Promo...I'm sure you already have it somewhere..

Great thread, BTW (I'm not a serious collector though but I have my fetishes..)

_crsp_

it's ok, i have 2 already i just thought i'd try to get one as a gift for my brother, but i suppose he'll have to be happy with a "rank" dat tape, he's also been wanting one of mine, enjoy that cd though !

Last edited:
No digital camera. I'll try using my phone sometime but for now I;m going to have to type.

MOZ CD
Viva Hate (1988 cd). Bona Drag. Our Frank (US Single). Kill Uncle. At KROQ. Your Arsenal. Tomorrow (US Single). Beethoven Was Deaf. Vauxhall And I. Now My Heart Is Full - An Introspective. Now My Heart Is Full (US Single). World Of Morrissey. Dagenham Dave (Single). Southpaw Grammar. Boy Racer (cd's 1 &2). Viva Hate (1997 Reissue). Alma Matters (single). Maladjusted. Roy's Keen (Single). Satan... (single). Suedehead - The Best Of. Rare Tracks (Japan EP). Early Burlglary Years. Singles Boxset 88-91. Singles Boxset 91-95. Best Of Morrissey. IBEH (cd's 1 & 2). You Are The Quarry. FOTGTD (cd's 1 & 2). LMKY (cd's 1 & 2). You Are The Quarry (2 disc extended one). IHFJ (cd's 1 & 2). Redondo Beach (single). Live At Earls Court. YHKM (cd's 1 & 2). Ringleader. TYWTML (cd's 1 & 2). ITFWAW (cd's 1 & 2). Boy Happy (single).

DVD
Who put the M.... Live In Dallas. Oye Esteban.

VINYL
HSIN? Panic. Strangeways. Viva Hate. Suedehead. Everyday.. Boy Happy (All 12")

SMITHS CD
Smiths. Hatful. Meat. Queen. World. Louder. Strangeways. Rank. Ask. Sweet & Tender. Singles.

And of course all my bootlegs!

My collection is still growing... I will probably just edit this post when i get more stuff.

Last edited:
What do you have?

I have every UK 7" 45 signed by Morrissey, some are also signed by all 4 Smiths, some just Moz and Johnny. They were all signed when the Smiths were still together, except the last 3 or 4 and they all have Moz's original signature, not the one with the loopy Rs that he does these days.

smiths45s.jpg

If someone can top my collection I would be really impressed!
Keep in mind these are just my signed UK 7" 45s...
If I had time to show you everything....

Enjoy

Kumo

First Time I met Moz was in 1986 last time was in 1991 and a lot of times in between.

First Time I met Johnny was in 1986 last time was in 1996, a few times in between.

First Time I met Mike and Andy was in 1986 last time was on Sinéad O'Connor's first US tour, I forget the year... Maybe 1990... Always random luck with Mike and Andy.

The hardest one to get signed was "What Difference Does it Make?"
Morrissey refused to sign it for the longest time, it wasn't until about the 4th or 5th time I met him he begrudgingly gave in. He said he only usually signs the Terrance Stamp version. I didn't have that version at the time. I live in LA and import UK 45s were hit and miss as to where to find them. There was no ebay back then. no internet, no nothing but independent record shops that trickled in imports at random times. I am not so sure if he still feels that way now, but at the time I was pretty sure I was the only one with the Morrissey cover signed... The other funny thing is that back then Moz had no problem signing bootlegs.

I talked more about my some of my encounters on this thread
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=66880&page=4&highlight=kumo

Kumo

Last edited:
First Time I met Moz was in 1986 last time was in 1991 and a lot of times in between.

First Time I met Johnny was in 1986 last time was in 1996, a few times in between.

First Time I met Mike and Andy was in 1986 last time was on Sinéad O'Connor's first US tour, I forget the year... Maybe 1990... Always random luck with Mike and Andy.

The hardest one to get signed was "What Difference Does it Make?"
Morrissey refused to sign it for the longest time, it wasn't until about the 4th or 5th time I met him he begrudgingly gave in. He said he only usually signs the Terrance Stamp version. I didn't have that version at the time. I live in LA and import UK 45s were hit and miss as to where to find them. There was no ebay back then. no internet, no nothing but independent record shops that trickled in imports at random times. I am not so sure if he still feels that way now, but at the time I was pretty sure I was the only one with the Morrissey cover signed... The other funny thing is that back then Moz had no problem signing bootlegs.

I talked more about my some of my encounters on this thread
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=66880&page=4&highlight=kumo

Kumo

Can I say... You are awesome!

Im not going to beat some of the vinyl posted, but I have aquired a healthy collection of t shirts over the past 20 years.

I did a search for "collection," but no actual thread came up in terms of posting pictures of your Smiths/Morrissey collections.

In my eyes, a complete Smiths or Morrissey collection includes every item that includes a track that can't be found elsewhere (excluding live versions of songs or edits).

My Smiths collection is complete in that sense, though I'm still after five Morrissey items to be complete - three of them I'm waiting on in the mail (Maladjusted, Part One of In The Future When All's Well, and I Just Want To See The Boy Happy). Apart from those, I need the Japanese "Rare Tracks" compilation, and (though it doesn't hold any exclusive tracks) - the LP packaged version of Live At Earls Court. I figure that because I have the YATQ and ROTT LP versions, I might as well try to track that version down eventually as well.

Anyway, here are my almost-complete collections:

smiths_collection_dec182006.jpg

morrissey_collection_dec182006.jpg

I think that's as complete as can be in terms of b-sides and rarities, until a boxset(s) are released!

DUDE! You are missing sooooooooooo much stuff it isn't even funny. You should read up a bit more kiddo.

If this is a game of top trumps.... the only way someone will win is with a Hand in Glove Negative Sleeve....anyone want to offer their trump card?

Speaking of which... has anyone seen http://www.retro-smiths.com/ this chap has had some rare stuff on eBay recently.

I am very suspicious....

I was sent a copy of this photo below late last year when I asked some collectors if I could prize a copy from someone.- it is the same as on this chap's website - same wallpaper, same rips and corner dents, same table, same glare from the flash. The story I was given was that a German Solicitor was a collector, but divorce was leading to the sale of his collection. Although Record Collector valued it at £1500 the guy was askeing more like £4,000, I bought a car instead...then this website appears....

If you are tempted, I'd demand other photos (maybe with a copy of a current newspaper in the same shot - like kidnappers do!).

He could be genuine, but, be careful.

Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom