Post YOUR Collection Thread

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
I did a search for "collection," but no actual thread came up in terms of posting pictures of your Smiths/Morrissey collections.

In my eyes, a complete Smiths or Morrissey collection includes every item that includes a track that can't be found elsewhere (excluding live versions of songs or edits).

My Smiths collection is complete in that sense, though I'm still after five Morrissey items to be complete - three of them I'm waiting on in the mail (Maladjusted, Part One of In The Future When All's Well, and I Just Want To See The Boy Happy). Apart from those, I need the Japanese "Rare Tracks" compilation, and (though it doesn't hold any exclusive tracks) - the LP packaged version of Live At Earls Court. I figure that because I have the YATQ and ROTT LP versions, I might as well try to track that version down eventually as well.

Anyway, here are my almost-complete collections:

smiths_collection_dec182006.jpg

morrissey_collection_dec182006.jpg

I think that's as complete as can be in terms of b-sides and rarities, until a boxset(s) are released!

I'd like to give it a go but it'd take a bit to get 'em all out & sorted, mind you I'm one of those obsessive nutters, vinyl, tape & cd me.
here's my top of the pops discs
0be177e2.jpg

love

Grim

Nice collection, i'm more of a Vinyl lad and you could end up collecting forever if you wanted all the foreign imports. Probably the rarest vinyl i own is the Blue Cover import version of Sheila Take a Bow, i also have the Half a Person Portugese box set of three of The Smiths albums 12". Other than that the stuff is pretty standard, other than the Barbarism import 12".

what has the very best of the smiths got that can't be found on most of those other cds?

also, not to be a jerk, but hasn't the peel sessions EP got a version of miserable lie that can't be found on any of the other cds?

Last edited:
what has the very best of the smiths got that can't be found on most of those other cds?

also, not to be a jerk, but hasn't the peel sessions EP got a version of miserable lie that can't be found on any of the other cds?

Yeah, but Ryan said that he's not going for edits or live versions. I myself am going for all versions, but I could care less about formats (CD/vinyl).

Nice collection, i'm more of a Vinyl lad and you could end up collecting forever if you wanted all the foreign imports. Probably the rarest vinyl i own is the Blue Cover import version of Sheila Take a Bow, i also have the Half a Person Portugese box set of three of The Smiths albums 12". Other than that the stuff is pretty standard, other than the Barbarism import 12".

Aye Deano, it's murder going for 'em all but still we try eh? ;)
S'pose that's the beauty of the Passions site, or the misery at least you know there's always a few more to search out! :eek:

love

Grim

X,
that's brilliant & I hate you :mad:

love

Grim

I did a search for "collection," but no actual thread came up in terms of posting pictures of your Smiths/Morrissey collections.

In my eyes, a complete Smiths or Morrissey collection includes every item that includes a track that can't be found elsewhere (excluding live versions of songs or edits).

My Smiths collection is complete in that sense, though I'm still after five Morrissey items to be complete - three of them I'm waiting on in the mail (Maladjusted, Part One of In The Future When All's Well, and I Just Want To See The Boy Happy). Apart from those, I need the Japanese "Rare Tracks" compilation, and (though it doesn't hold any exclusive tracks) - the LP packaged version of Live At Earls Court. I figure that because I have the YATQ and ROTT LP versions, I might as well try to track that version down eventually as well.

Anyway, here are my almost-complete collections:

smiths_collection_dec182006.jpg

morrissey_collection_dec182006.jpg

I think that's as complete as can be in terms of b-sides and rarities, until a boxset(s) are released!

Are you not missing some of the Morrissey singles?

I keep mine (Smiths & Moz) separate from my other cds in a box, roughly, although not perfectly in chronological order. I don't have every release, and I don't want to, but I do have every song somewhere in there. There's a few bootlegs and related stuff like the Motivators, Red Lightning and Johnny Panic too. Usual high quality pictures...

In the box:

327438066_6784812a31_o.jpg

and out of the box:

327438068_4b206f626f_o.jpg

Here's a silly pic I took a long time ago, with a film camera; remember those? Looking at whats on the floor, I guess I took this picture in October or November of '97, because the latest thing I can see is "Roys Keen". I've never photographed my Smiths collection.

mozcollection96.jpg

Last edited:
Beau,

are those in the plain white sleeves eg Interesting Drug, acetates?
Excellent & I hate you too. :mad:

love

Grim

Here's a silly pic I took a long time ago, with a film camera; remember those? Looking at whats on the floor, I guess I took this picture in October or November of '97, because the latest thing I can see is "Roys Keen". I've never photographed my Smiths collection.

mozcollection96.jpg

HOLY SHIT!! I think you've just won! <doffs hat>

Peter

here's my Moz 7" U.K. general release singles.

mozsingles.gif

love

Grim

Beau,

are those in the plain white sleeves eg Interesting Drug, acetates?

The closest one is. It's the Interesting Drug acetate with The Bed Took Fire as the B-side.

The one to the right, underneath the Japanese Bona Drag is, if I remember correctly, Everyday Is Like Sunday.

The one under the Japanese Suedehead cd are double 1-sided acetates for Playboys.

The one under the Suedehead cassette is actually a test pressing for the Motorcycle Au Pair Boy 12" promo to its right. It has no music on it, only a variation of the Oscar Wilde etching.

It's fun for me to look at this picture, because haven't brought out my boxes in a long time.

here's my Moz 7" U.K. general release singles.

mozsingles.gif

love

Grim

An excellent way to remove price tags and sticky gunk from your record sleeves is to use some Ronsonol or Zippo lighter fluid, and a plain-edged knife with a belly.

Squeeze some lighter fluid on the sticker, rub it around a bit with your finger. After about 30 seconds to a minute, carefully stick the knife under the sticker. It will come off with ease. If there is any remaining goo, just squeeze some more lighter fluid directly on it, and gently swirl a finger on the goo, it will dissolve.

You have to be very careful with laminated sleeves, as sometimes the lamination comes off with the sticker. Most sleeves are not like this.

This process will stain those natural unbleached sleeves that are the same color as grocery bags, so don't use it on those.

This also works for removing labels from jewel cases and record labels.

Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom