Tweet from Simon Wolstencroft:

si_postcard.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 11.42.02.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 11.42.02.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Postcard from Morrissey to Smiths' "ex-drummer" July 1989

Very cool - wish Simon had provided more context for this note. It's clearly a response to Simon, "Confused by your note". Anyone know what was going on at the time? This was after Viva Hate. Maybe Simon was inquiring about drumming for Morrissey on an upcoming tour? Perhaps Morrissey's response implied that there were no immediate plans for a tour ("hip swiveling days are 'temporarily' frozen")? Anyway, fun to speculate.

Re: Postcard from Morrissey to Smiths' "ex-drummer" July 1989

Anyone know what was going on at the time? This was after Viva Hate. Maybe Simon was inquiring about drumming for Morrissey on an upcoming tour?

At the time, Morrissey had recently split with Stephen Street, and the whole band situation was completely up in the air. I expect Funky Si sent Moz a speculative note, saying something along the lines of "Hey, if you're looking for a drummer - I'm available." To which, Morrissey appears to joke: "Didn't we alreadygive you your P45 from the Smiths back in 83?" (For non British people, a P45 is the name of the paperwork you get when you leave employment).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom