Pre show songs played in 2019 Toronto on Saturday night

Last edited:
His go to track for pre-show was:

He also used:

If it's not those - Hey Mom by Nathan Abshire is his favourite Cajun tune (which he wanted for Under The Influence, but didn't get).

Regards,
FWD.

With regards to other music:
I've not seen much pre-show footage surface yet.
I caught:
Massimo Ranieri: Pietà Per Chi Ti Ama
And one of Lypsinka's clips.

Nathan Abshire (RIP), the pride of Basile, Louisiana. It doesn't get any better. His talent didn't make him rich (his full-time job was running the town dump) but his contributions will never be forgotten.
Lesa Cormier (RIP), the pride of Gueydan, Louisiana also brought the heat.
Both sadly missed.

Lyrics match:
"Oh, blackout, I've gotta know where you're from
What are you trying to tell me, I don't know
Oh, blackout, now this moment has come
Here in the dark, I could be anyone"

Might not be the exact video used, but that's Anna Calvi: "Blackout":

Regards,
FWD.

YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is it! Thank you! Love this song and absolutely want to check out more of her stuff! Thanks again!

At the Morrissey concert last night on Irvine there was a song on the opening video montage that I cant identify. It was a man walking down the street with several women dancing around him. Some lyrics were: You held me tight I kissed you twice. You whispered in my ear. Please help me

At the Morrissey concert last night on Irvine there was a song on the opening video montage that I cant identify. It was a man walking down the street with several women dancing around him. Some lyrics were: You held me tight I kissed you twice. You whispered in my ear. Please help me

Regards,
FWD.

What about the Spanish language girl ..dark hair, tats, vaguely Amy Winehouse-esque looking.. bordello themed set. Who is she?

I looked for about 30 minutes until my Shazam woke up - it was offline and luckily captured it.

I think this may be the one:
Tu Falta De Querer (En Vivo)

Y y
Just wondered if anyone knew any of the song titles that were played before Morrissey came on? there was a Cajun? instrumental played would love to know the title, any help is greatly appreciated

hello, the Cajun track that you heard was most likely the same one he played during the 2017 intermission and 2019 tour. I recorded the entire intermission songs for both tours in SF and Shazam incorrectly identifies Nathan Abshire as another artist.

You can hear the song you are searching for if you look up on YOUTUBE “Morrissey Day Los Angeles.” You can hear The Formations playing in the background while Morrissey is being presented with his award. The Cajun song is more prominent when Morrissey steps into the elevator.
It definitely isn’t “Hey Mom!” Or “”Cajun Two-Step” as in previous tours. This one is different. This is the one you want but can’t have.

FYI, 14 intermission songs were played in 2017 in SF at the Masonic and 12 intermission songs were played on 10/3/19 in SF at the Bill Graham Civic before Interpol hit the stage. There were some good songs that were played. Lots of surprises! Who knew he would play a song off of the album NASTY GIRL from Betty Davis???? My favorite was the rare Generation X song that is not found on any of their albums, up until a recent reissue that includes non-album tracks. Also, the hard-to-find track by The Toys. No, not “Attack.” This one is a rarity, indeed.

I recorded the pre-show video montage in its entirety (he took down Tom Mouse Smith, btw) and as soon as I uploaded it onto YT, it was taken down and I was SLAPPED with a copyright warning. When you’ve been slapped around, then, one more slap can’t hurt you.

“Do that to me one more time, once is never enough...”

I'm interested in finding out two artists from the pre-show videos: the first was a band with a female singer/guitarist, kinda sounded like Florence + Machine maybe. Second was another band with female singer...she had black curly hair. Both songs were really cool but of course my Shazam app couldn't figure out who the artists were.
Clurly haired singer is LP - If its the same video - song is Lost on You

Tags
intermission songs pre show songs
Back
Top Bottom