Press release: Special Hardback Edition of "Autobiography" to be published on 5th Dec 2013 - TTY

Money is nice.

Those discographies on Stephane's site, Goddard's books, here, and Wikipedia and countless other places seem not to be worth a penny. But this one is. They mentioned it.

P.

Last edited:
I got mine for £4.50 on amazon.co.uk. It was 5.99 when I ordered it but by the time they were ready to ship it had dropped to 4.50 so they refunded me the difference. The '25 Live' blu-ray arrived the same day and I enjoyed that immensely more than I enjoyed the autobiography. As a life-long Moz fan I found the autobiography forgettable and unrevealing. And it gave me absolutely zero insight into the songwriting process or the recording sessions.
ACTON

Yep, hence why I'm only limiting to the PB. As for 25 Live, I have seen many samples and it looks fine to me. Hopefully have them both next week.

This is one reissue I'll buy/ get for Xmas, I only read it on e-book. And surely a discography according to Morrissey will include chart positions? I used to pick one of my lottery numbers dependant on how Morrissey's previous single had performed. I stopped doing the lottery in 1997.

Why is everyone blaming Morrissey when it's blatantly obvious this is Penguin's doing? THEY pay him an advance and then THEY can do what they like to recoup it, nothing wrong with that, that's how publishing (and indeed the record industry) works. Oh yes - because this is So_Low, where the default setting is "Blame Morrissey". He's a singer and lyricist, not some Blofeld-like master strategist, whereas record companies and publishing houses are full of highly paid executives who are expert in commercially exploiting their "properties". Moz won't be receiving any more money for this edition - he'll have had his cash upfront and now it's up to the publishers to recoup their outlay however THEY see fit. People were moaning before because the book he'd been talking about for ages didn't seem even close to being published, but now it has been published, there's yet more moaning because two different editions are being issued! Plus ca change.

A book issued in both hardcover AND softcover? Wow, what an unusual, cynical, exploitative innovation. It was always going to be a softcover first becaue that's how Penguin Classics are published.

More formats the merrier. There will always be collectors who want the variety. My issue is that the price for the UK hardcover is double the price of the US published one.

Moz may already be earning royalties against the advance he received. If he was paid $500,000 in advance and has sold 50,000 books, then his advance would already be covered... just in time for December 5th sales... royalties for each unit would be a minimum $2.50 for the US book and $5.00 for the UK version.

Why is everyone blaming Morrissey when it's blatantly obvious this is Penguin's doing? THEY pay him an advance and then THEY can do what they like to recoup it, nothing wrong with that, that's how publishing (and indeed the record industry) works. Oh yes - because this is So_Low, where the default setting is "Blame Morrissey". He's a singer and lyricist, not some Blofeld-like master strategist, whereas record companies and publishing houses are full of highly paid executives who are expert in commercially exploiting their "properties". Moz won't be receiving any more money for this edition - he'll have had his cash upfront and now it's up to the publishers to recoup their outlay however THEY see fit. People were moaning before because the book he'd been talking about for ages didn't seem even close to being published, but now it has been published, there's yet more moaning because two different editions are being issued! Plus ca change.

A book issued in both hardcover AND softcover? Wow, what an unusual, cynical, exploitative innovation. It was always going to be a softcover first becaue that's how Penguin Classics are published.

Nobody is blaming Morrissey anymore than you're blaming a forum for having a default setting. Some people think one thing about the book and others think another and they talk about it all at the same place. Perpetuating the myth that this place is SO LOW is like suing Ford for damages because an idiot got in a wreck driving one of their cars. Notice the praise too, there's a lot of it.

This picture is ridiculous!!! looks like the work of a 5 year old messing around with Photoshop!! You would think that after being photographed by so many famous photographers (Rankin; Richardson; Linder etc.) over the years he-Penguin would grace the front cover of the book with a better picture!

This picture is ridiculous!!! looks like the work of a 5 year old messing around with Photoshop!! You would think that after being photographed by so many famous photographers (Rankin; Richardson; Linder etc.) over the years he-Penguin would grace the front cover of the book with a better picture!

Don't be sad.

This looks like it will be a beautiful edition. I think the picture is splendid, no complaints there! It is pricey, but as a special edition hard cover of my favorite singer's (for a couple of decades) first book...I think it will be well worth it. I'm just wondering what the American version will offer that will be different.

Gotta be Moz humour with that cover.

This picture is ridiculous!!!

Ummmmm, hello? It's one of the few photos where he's sportin' a FIVE o'clock SHADOW which is not only a nod to quintessence but the presence of the holy spirit or shadow AND he's being baptized, it's only one of his most symbolically packed photos. And he looks hawt as f***.

Why does he keep doing these things?

Money changes everything Martin simple as that !

He can't write songs anymore so he's " having a weigh in at the scrap yard " Christmas is an expensive time.

Benny-the-Butcher

The press release failed to include a mention of a blue rose pressed between the inside back cover and the final page.

The press release failed to include a mention of a blue rose pressed between the inside back cover and the final page.

See how you get your say, even though you're a monumental f***ing dullard and massive bellend to boot?

P.

Why, because I like to have a little bit of fun with the BRS? Someone is cranky! :)

Also extra chap-ter about being AC/DC and a tacky badge :laughing:

Wony Tilson

Reissue...... repackage...... sorry to get there first!

" Best of ! Most of ! just to feed the greed, slip them into different sleeves, buy both and feel deceived ! Climber ! New entry ! Re-entry ! And when fails to win anything then maybe ! You just don't deserve it Steven you awkward baby ".

Benny-the-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom