promo cassette Your Arsenal

FROSTY

I recieved this when I worke dina record store in 1992... a "Promo" casette for the upcomming "Your Arsenal" album... Not much too it but I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on it?

moscass.png

Last edited:
Info from Passions http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/yourarsenal.htm

USA: Direct promotion of this album was done via 3 different promotional cassettes. The first two were advance cassettes, the first one with a blue titles insert (Reprise Records 4-26994-A) and the second with a pink one (Sire/Reprise 4-26994). The third one, a 2-track cassette featuring "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side" and "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday", was given away at events during the week preceding the release of the album. The cassette had a white inlay card with the release date '7/28/92' on the front. The album was also promoted in the USA with the help of two one-title promo cds. The first one, distributed for promotion around the time of release featured the album version and an otherwise unavailable edit of "Tomorrow" (Sire/Reprise, PRO-CD-5637; no front artwork to display). This promo cd is not to be confused with the one-track promo cd for the "Tomorrow" single. A second one-title promo cd (Sire/Reprise, PRO-CD-5752) was distributed to radio in December 1992, this time with "Glamorous Glue". The song was once intended as a commercial single, backed by the same b-sides as the UK "Certain People I Know" single, but those plans were scrapped. Although it didn't make the Hot 100, the song made it to #13 on the Modern Rock chart on airplay only. A various artists promo sampler titled FMBQ Artist Report also featured the song.​

As always, the first place anyone should look...

Dave

I recieved this when I worke dina record store in 1992... a "Promo" casette for the upcomming "Your Arsenal" album... Not much too it but I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on it?

moscass.png

My thought is, if you want to sell it, PM me.:)

moscass.png

I'd be interested in buying this if you're selling.

Here's the third US promo cassette for Your Arsenal

DSCN0415.jpg

These cassettes are not worth a whole lot of money but I really like them.

I've heard there is also a Japanese advance cassette for Your Arsenal, that should be worth a bit more.

Nice! I love the casettes as well Mikael, thats a nice one!

I SWEAR I had the blue one... but alas it is not with the others

Here's a pic of my Morrissey cassettes

DSCN0417.jpg

Here are some

DSCN0420.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

I really like the Aussie cassette singles as well but I think I only have six:(

Doing some counting though Viva Hate seems to be my fav cassette since I have 22 different copies of that.

I am still waiting for that Phillippines "Viva Hate" Cassette I bought. I hope it is not lost in the mail.:mad:

I think I have bought from every ebayseller from the Philippines that ship internationally and have never had any problem, it might take a while though.

It's Indonesian I think, opens like a VHS case. Not really official but has a nice insert as well. If that was the one you meant.

Thanks, I do my best friend:)

Btw, anyone got either of the two UK Vauxhall promo cassettes I'm very interested:)

Back
Top Bottom