Quarantine Mixtape series

Volume fizz-our
(see amendment here)
QMs4.jpg
QMs4.jpg

Last edited:
Well, thank you so much.
I was just wondering if you were going to make more volumes of this as I was nodding along to Volume 5 in my kitchen. I've spent a huge amount of time cooking these past days (because I've got nothing else to do basically) and for the most part this collection has been the soundtrack.

Oooh, Elastica ?
I have a folder of outtakes and BBC sessions of theirs called Bloody Hell. I can't remember if it's a bootleg or a catalog-issue compilation or if I made it or what. I think I might have made it but honestly I can't remember. I can upload it and share it if you want.

Last edited:
I have a folder of outtakes and BBC sessions of theirs called Bloody Hell. I can't remember if it's a bootleg or a catalog-issue compilation or if I made it or what. I think I might have made it but honestly I can't remember. I can upload it and share it if you want.
That would be delightful.

Alright it'll be up very soon. I appreciate you listening to these mixes; if there are any other specific bands or artists you're into I can see what boots or compilations I have and share them.
And I appreciate you sharing these mixtapes. Like I said they have improved my otherwise dull days of quarantine and sort of saved me from pointlesssly obsessing over specific Morrissey songs again.
Thanks for the offer of sharing more music, I'll most definitely get back to you. And thanks for the Elastica compilation, forgot how much I liked them.

And I appreciate you sharing these mixtapes. Like I said they have improved my otherwise dull days of quarantine and sort of saved me from pointlesssly obsessing over specific Morrissey songs again.
Thanks for the offer of sharing more music, I'll most definitely get back to you. And thanks for the Elastica compilation, forgot how much I liked them.
No worries; I enjoy making them even if they just end up being workout soundtracks. I'm going to do one or two that are 2000s indie/alternative, and a 90s Riot Grrrl one, and a 90s alternative rock hits one, and a 90s alternative rock deep cuts one, and a 90s alternative rock girls one.

No worries; I enjoy making them even if they just end up being workout soundtracks. I'm going to do one or two that are 2000s indie/alternative, and a 90s Riot Grrrl one, and a 90s alternative rock hits one, and a 90s alternative rock deep cuts one, and a 90s alternative rock girls one.
Sounds great, I'm looking forward to that.

I was going through my iTunes earlier and realized I cocked up a little with Volume 4. Track 13, which is the excellent Don't Leave Me by Rumblefish (original 7" version) is missing. The thing is, I had forgotten to check "part of a compilation" while tagging it originally. Anyway, a new download link that includes the entire Volume 4 plus the missing track has been inserted into the original post.

If you just want the song itself, tagged and ready to in throw into the existing folder, it's here.

Here is the Youtube upload of the song if you want to hear it. It's excellent.

As the bulk of the first 7 volumes of my Quarantine Mixtape Series featured artifacts from the 80s indie/modern rock/new wave/post punk scenes, the next handful of volumes will be devoted entirely to 90s alternative rock/grunge/altpop/pop-punk, etc. Some volumes, like this one, will be comprised almost entirely of hits and fairly famous artists. Others will favor deeper cuts, forgotten singles, and artist and bands that aren't household names. Some will feature specific themes, like Britpop or female artists. Some will be mixed bags.

I may eventually do some more 80s-centric playlists. We'll see how long the quarantine lasts.

In the meantime, enjoy Volume 8.

QMS8.JPG

QMS8 TL.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome stuff - thoroughly enjoying these. Thanks!!
I'm glad you like them. I got them all from Stephane, who charged me 10 dollars a disc and said not to tell anyone on Solo because it would ruin his reputation.

Back
Top Bottom