Queens, NY - Forest Hills Stadium (Sep. 7, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / Satan Rejected My Soul / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Some Say I Got Devil / Irish Blood, English Heart // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist completed via the assistance of @karelMoz

• Photos by @sachalecca - Rolling Stone / Instagram. Link posted by DubbalinGirl.

• Link to tweet posted by NealCassidy:

• "Forest Hills specific T-shirt. There was no poster." - photo posted by docinwestchester:
  • Photo from @just_jennb / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry to quote my own post, but it's been pointed out to me that during the intro Morrissey is fat-shaming Melanie here. Thoughts?

At Woodstock 1969:

O5ixMF.jpg

Recent photo:

f2yEkp.jpg
Maybe, but he did say the same about Jobriath- "a skinny boy from Pennsylvania"- so I'm thinking there's a bit more to it than that.

Can anyone help me ID the song/artist from his preshow video? It was of a live performance - singer was wearing a red dress and had tattoos.

He kept changing Paris to,some French phrase but then said he meant something slightly different? (I don’t speak French. At all)

Something else had a slight lyric change even from broadway. Hmm can’t rememebr

He was saying "gilets jaunes" aka yellow vests / jackets but he did pronounced jaunes off, not sure if intentional for an added play on words?

Sorry to quote my own post, but it's been pointed out to me that during the intro Morrissey is fat-shaming Melanie here. Thoughts?

At Woodstock 1969:

O5ixMF.jpg

Recent photo:

f2yEkp.jpg
he assumes, that all his listeners know that he is drawing a parallel to his own physical development, having once been a skinny youth in mcr. so, he is jokingly also talking about himself... assuming that those he is talking about, can laugh about it too, inviting them to laugh about it together, forgetting he might touch a carefully hidden soft spot here and there. but maybe he knows her well enough. i would say it is partly a self-deprecating, partly a thoughtless projection of self-shaming, a "we're all in the same boat"-embrace.
and he is not saying, she is "fat". neither is he.

might get problematic with an audience who havent followed him from the 80s onwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom