Question about members on 'ignore'

That was definitely worth the wait.

I'm very sorry, Dave. I'm a capricious soul-yet, you're still my favourite poster, if it makes you feel any better.

Last edited:
Your problem is that you mistake the last sentence as being a legitimate opinion worth expressing. Maybe so many people wouldn't have you on their ignore list if you were able to express your opinions on their own without frequently resorting to hostile ad hominem attacks... and were able to tell the difference between attacks and opinion. Ad hominem attacks are a logical fallacy, using the Ignore button isn't. Nobody likes receiving hostility, except trolls and assholes.

Not sure why what other people do or don't do with the Ignore button or anything else causes you such anger. But resorting to attacks to support your position just makes your opinion seem that much weaker, and less appealing. You should really learn to MYOB.

given that you think that others shouldn't make 'hostile ad hominem attacks', you should try to avoid making 'hostile ad hominem attacks'.

and just to reiterate...

you ought to try to be more civil ... and more consistent.

...otherwise you end up looking like a dick again.

That was definitely worth the wait.

"You're a liar" was worth the wait?

Oh, I see, the "wait" was three minutes. Yeah, I guess that's about what it was worth.

Me, I would have waited up to five minutes for "nanny nanny boo boo."

What I'm really waiting for is the proof that I'm a liar.

you ought to try to be more civil ... and more consistent.

:laughing: WIN! Funniest post of the day!

Last edited:
Do the administrators keep track of which members are placed on ignore by other members?

I think the ignore function is really useful. I've got a couple of people on my list! I may even be on other people's, and I don't particularly care.

Having been a forum moderator myself (not here, I should add), it may be an interesting thing if forum mods could see who was being ignored. But then again, the forums I've moderated... well... people were ticked off for stuff which they just run riot with on here. Changing a nice thread about Morrissey's postcard into various offensive words for female genitalia? Ewww.

But - different people come to forums for different things. Some come to be abusive and get in fights, other people like sharing information. So you can just tailor the forum to your own needs with the ignore button.

Hence why I really like ignore. I couldn't stand to be on this forum without it, quite frankly! I've been away from here for ages because of what goes on, and now I have hassle-free foruming and what a joy it is. Well, perhaps I exaggerate. But you know what I mean.

(although I do wish that I couldn't see quotes from people I've got on ignore...).

Yes! :) What you're saying is very much like what I was thinking.

Dear Gretchenraine,

Unfortunately JJ isn’t very good at the ‘ignore’ function here. It is a sort of solo 'paradox' for him; as quite often he replies to the people he has on ignore with ranting and name calling. When you’ve just offered an opinion on the thread and he reads it, even though he has you on ignore.

But i hope it works for you and that you don't then need to go on about who you have on ignore, as that might make you look a wee bit daft.

good luck:)

Last edited:
"You're a liar" was worth the wait?

Oh, I see, the "wait" was three minutes. Yeah, I guess that's about what it was worth.

Me, I would have waited up to five minutes for "nanny nanny boo boo."

What I'm really waiting for is the proof that I'm a liar.

:laughing: WIN! Funniest post of the day!

Proof? You made the accusation. Prove that I sent you a private message. Are you still saying I did?

Your problem is that you mistake the last sentence as being a legitimate opinion worth expressing. Maybe so many people wouldn't have you on their ignore list if you were able to express your opinions on their own without frequently resorting to hostile ad hominem attacks... and were able to tell the difference between attacks and opinion. Ad hominem attacks are a logical fallacy, using the Ignore button isn't. Nobody likes receiving hostility, except trolls and assholes.

Not sure why what other people do or don't do with the Ignore button or anything else causes you such anger. But resorting to attacks to support your position just makes your opinion seem that much weaker, and less appealing. You should really learn to MYOB.
No, you really need to take your own advice and mind your own business. From what I notice you like to go back and search the forums for things to "attack" people with. Now, Jamesy, we all know you aren't all about "love, peace and harmony". So drop the nice guy act. It's truly sickening.

Dave, everyone knows that was an obvious joke. You had been calling me a liar (and a stupid idiot) for many weeks (months?) before that. I still have no idea on what grounds. If you're going to seek out threads where I post and respond to them all saying I'm a liar, well that removes any incentive I might have had for not lying to you.

Once again, it's funny you single me out as a supposed liar, when so many of your friends have admitted to posting outlandish crap they don't believe in order to pick arguments for their amusement (e.g. trolling).

But that's what your kind have turned this site into. Posting true personal information as innocuous as "I like my dogs" here has become something to avoid, because it gets turned into personal attacks.

No, you really need to take your own advice and mind your own business.

Again with the "mind your own business" :lbf: First day on the Internet? You know that Dave addressed me first.

Once again I merely agree with what someone else (Gretchen, in this case) already said, and the usual suspects come out to stir up trouble.

Last edited:
Again with the "mind your own business" :lbf: First day on the Internet? You know that Dave addressed me first.

Once again I merely agree with what someone else (Gretchen, in this case) already said, and the usual suspects come out to stir up trouble.
You aren't clever, so you should just quit it. Seriously.

"Usual suspects" *rolls eyes* I am not going to apologize for calling you out on your b.s. You deserve it. So keep on searching the forums, bb.

You aren't clever, so you should just quit it. Seriously.

"Usual suspects" *rolls eyes* I am not going to apologize for calling you out on your b.s. You deserve it. So keep on searching the forums, bb.

I haven't seen you point out any BS.

You made some vague claim about me attacking people, when clearly Dave approached me to call me a liar. I at least support my assertions with direct quotes. You don't give specific examples, so it's hard to know if you're making stuff up or what.

Last edited:
I haven't seen you point out any BS.

You made some vague claim about me attacking people, when clearly Dave approached me to call me a liar.
Keep on thinking you live in La La land and that everyone is subhuman compared to you. The fact is, you're a liar. You constantly lie. And quit playing the victim because you fail miserably at it.

Dave, everyone knows that was an obvious joke. You had been calling me a liar (and a stupid idiot) for many weeks (months?) before that. I still have no idea on what grounds. If you're going to seek out threads where I post and respond to them all saying I'm a liar, well that removes any incentive I might have had for not lying to you.

Once again, it's funny you single me out as a supposed liar, when so many of your friends have admitted to posting outlandish crap they don't believe in order to pick arguments for their amusement (e.g. trolling).

But that's what your kind have turned this site into. Posting true personal information as innocuous as "I like my dogs" here has become something to avoid, because it gets turned into personal attacks.

It wasn't an obvious joke. You just told me to prove it wasn't true. That is the proof you asked for that you are a liar. Next time you need proof there it is.

What is the deal with dogs and people's mothers' vaginas? You brought that on your own. Keep twisting it up and contradicting yourself.

You started with me on that donuts thread. I'd have happily continued to be unaware of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
look, "jamescagney" if that is your real name :rolleyes: while I really do feel that Dave is evil in some way :straightface:
at least he is a poster who is worth reading at times :thumb:
you are not, you must know that on some level :o
here, let me put it in terms that are on my level, as bad guys go
Dave is:
Weyoun.jpg

poise & ruthlessness :cool:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Weyoun
you are
Guldukat.jpg

just annoying :rolleyes:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Dukat

ps: and yes, I agree with others, you have made Scarlet much more offensive then she was before her, how can that be a good thing?
just go away and come back in a year if you must

You just told me to prove it wasn't true.

I didn't. Go back and re-read, you've misread me (again). I asked for evidence as to why you think I'm a liar.

You started with me on that donuts thread. I'd have happily continued to be unaware of you.

I didn't. I said several times in that thread that I had no beef with you for posting that. You clarified and apologized which I thought was great. I think you seem smart and honest and I mostly agree with your political leanings, plus you seem to like animals. Besides, that was one thread several months ago, I'd hope we can move on.

you have made Scarlet much more offensive then she was before her

I can't even begin to figure out how that would be possible.

Especially when Scarlet and I rarely post in the same threads. She generally stays out of Off Topic.

I'm also not sure how I can be offensive and boring at the same time. Pick one and go with it? Not that offensive or boring are considered insults around here... There are people way more boring and offensive, and they admit they do it intentionally.

I find the things people claim to take offense to are usually things other people have already said. (This thread being an example.) It's not really possible to believe that people could be offended by my every post.

Absolutely, talking about me and how "offensive" I am in every thread is very boring. Not sure then why you make every thread about this. (Again, this thread is an example.) This web site and I would both be a lot more interesting if you'd just shut up about me and let us all talk about something else.

i would like a list of names i could message if i am on iggy. i am sure that after a long period of re-indoctrination, i could get them to see things my way. thanx.

Dear Gretchenraine,

Unfortunately JJ isn’t very good at the ‘ignore’ function here. It is a sort of solo 'paradox' for him; as quite often he replies to the people he has on ignore with ranting and name calling. When you’ve just offered an opinion on the thread and he reads it, even though he has you on ignore.

But i hope it works for you and that you don't then need to go on about who you have on ignore, as that might make you look a wee bit daft.

good luck:)

Hi Gretchenraine, here are some examples:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=1305255&postcount=1

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=1305247&postcount=6

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=1305271&postcount=6

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom