Question for davidt

sea salt

ɹǝqɯǝɯ uʍouʞ-llǝM
Why do you allow hate speech on this site? Why are Sieg Heils and the mocking of holocaust victims allowed here? I would really like to know your reasoning behind this.

Please report these items or post specifics, I don't know what you are referring to.

This post from a week ago was the only one reported that resembles your description.

Just wanna wish Adolf Hitler a late but happy 128th birthday. Flags hoisted in loads of places today and along many roads posters had been put up in his honour.

Your description may be a slight exaggeration but in any case, please do not make the common mistake others make by suggesting that since this appears on the site that I must agree with it. You and other users can downvote and filter / self-censor. I didn't see any actual replies to that post, try directing your thoughts to the person that actually posted the item in question.

Why do you allow hate speech on this site? Why are Sieg Heils and the mocking of holocaust victims allowed here? I would really like to know your reasoning behind this.

Last edited:

Quit bothering David with this moronic idiocy.

David, this is probably a troll trying to actually direct attention to the post as I didn't even know the post existed until now. Which, when I clicked on it, it made me laugh hysterically. I don't know why but I think Nazi humor is funny, which is what this is, in my book. At some point, you have to laugh, what else are you gonna do? Cry yourself to sleep every night over it?

If this complaint is sincere, well, it's not hate speech wishing Adolf happy birthday, you dipshit. Hitler lost and is dead. It's over. Get over yourself. The German people are embarrassed about Hitler.
smiley-10307.gif

This post from a week ago was the only one reported that resembles your description.

Your description may be a slight exaggeration but in any case, please do not make the common mistake others make by suggesting that since this appears on the site that I must agree with it. You and other users can downvote and filter / self-censor. I didn't see any actual replies to that post, try directing your thoughts to the person that actually posted the item in question.

I wasn’t asking you if you agree with them (I think it’s fairly obvious that you don’t agree with them, since most normal people wouldn’t), I was asking why you allowed them. I cannot ask the person that actually posted the item why you allow it, can I?

This is your website, and whether or not you are ultimately responsible for what gets posted here, posts like the one you quoted (there are many more of the kind, just because they don’t get reported doesn’t mean they don’t exist) don't look very good. You as the owner of the site, are you not interested in distancing yourself from the Nazi arseholery?

i can see that neonazi propaganda is not only allowed to take up space on morrissey-solo but is also duplicated by the admin thus contributing to the dissemination of rightwing extremist propaganda. why does this happen here on this website? in germany the glorification of the nazi regime is a statutory offense.

I wasn’t asking you if you agree with them (I think it’s fairly obvious that you don’t agree with them, since most normal people wouldn’t), I was asking why you allowed them. I cannot ask the person that actually posted the item why you allow it, can I?

This is your website, and whether or not you are ultimately responsible for what gets posted here, posts like the one you quoted (there are many more of the kind, just because they don’t get reported doesn’t mean they don’t exist) don't look very good. You as the owner of the site, are you not interested in distancing yourself from the Nazi arseholery?

Have you ever heard of Godwin's Law?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

You can easily ignore these provocative posts.

From the beginning this site has been leniently moderated.

As long as the posts do not violate TOS (spams, personal info and sexually explicit stuff including graphic images), site administrator and the moderators approve them.

Same topic has been discussed numerous occasions, here's one:
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/questions-for-moderators.138092/

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of Godwin's Law?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

You can easily ignore these provocative posts.

From the beginning this site has been leniently moderated.

As long as the posts do not violate TOS (spams, personal info and sexually explicit staff including graphic images), site administrator and the moderators approve them.

Did you read what it says at the link you provided? Godwin's law is an internet adage that asserts that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches - that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or his deeds." This is not what happened here. This was a specific question why mocking Holocaust victims (and other hate speech) is allowed here. Nothing to do with Godwin's law.

So your advice is to ignore the "provocative" posts? Good to see you are happy to provide a platform for the Nazi trolls and telling anyone who objects to shut up. Some things are starting to make sense now.

Yes I have noticed that as long as posts do not violate the TOS they get approved. Let me rephrase my question then so it gets easier for you: why do your TOS not include hate speech, racism etc. Why would posting a photograph of a cock be a bigger offence than Sieg Heil! / Liberals need to die / gays need to die / Muslims will kill you all / Happy Birthday Hitler etc?

The link you provided to the "same topic that's been discussed on numerous occasions", that's about what should and should not be said about Morrissey. I couldn't care less. Being unkind to Morrissey isn't illegal. Posting Nazi content is numerous countries.

Last edited:
Did you read what it says at the link you provided? Godwin's law is an internet adage that asserts that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches - that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or his deeds." This is not what happened here. This was a specific question why mocking Holocaust victims (and other hate speech) is allowed here. Nothing to do with Godwin's law.

So your advice is to ignore the "provocative" posts? Good to see you are happy to provide a platform for the Nazi trolls and telling anyone who objects to shut up. Some things are starting to make sense now.

Yes I have noticed that as long as posts do not violate the TOS they get approved. Let me rephrase my question then so it gets easier for you: why do your TOS not include hate speech, racism etc. Why would posting a photograph of a cock be a bigger offence than Sieg Heil! / Liberals need to die / gays need to die / Muslims will kill you all / Happy Birthday Hitler etc?

Are you stupid? Go away. If you don't like this website which is provided to you free of charge, leave, you ungrateful asshole. Create your own website and then you can block all the Nazi posts you want. But for now:

tumblr_niu4h5kP2n1sel756o1_250.gif

So some idiot makes one post about Hitler amongst the hundreds that get posted a day, and somehow it's David's fault he hasn't noticed it and deleted it? You need to direct your timewasting somewhere else.

So some idiot makes one post about Hitler amongst the hundreds that get posted a day, and somehow it's David's fault he hasn't noticed it and deleted it? You need to direct your timewasting somewhere else.

There is not just one post about Hitler, there are many racist, hateful comments posted each day.

According to David, the post in question was reported, so he or a moderator was aware of it.

You need to get your facts straight.

Last edited:
There is not just one post about Hitler, there are many racist, hateful comments posted each day.

According to David, the post in question was reported, so he or a moderator was aware of it.

You need to get your facts straight.

These posts do not violate TOS.
Get on with it.

Are you stupid? Go away. If you don't like this website which is provided to you free of charge, leave, you ungrateful asshole. Create your own website and then you can block all the Nazi posts you want. But for now:

tumblr_niu4h5kP2n1sel756o1_250.gif

Like clockwork.

These posts do not violate TOS.
Get on with it.

It does say, in your TOS that defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend are not allowed.

Please tell me how these comments do not violate the TOS?

i'm curious how the investigation proceedings against fb will develop
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-zuckerberg-over-facebooks-failure-to-remove/

It will go nowhere. Germany is stupid if they think they can enforce a fine for an American-based company protected by freedom of speech. Morrissey-solo, as far as I know, is also an American based company protected by free speech, so take your little fines and complaints a cram them squarely up your tight asses. Mmmmkay? Fanks.
large.gif

I find this website is good for entertainment news. It's also good for a laugh. It really does generate its own culture and seems pretty unique. However, since visiting here I do find I have acquired the following symptoms, conditions, and illnesses.
4LDvipO.png

in short, I think I'm losing my mind. Can you make it stop?

Wishing Hitler a Happy Birthday is not a violation and doesn't really qualify as hate speech as someone pointed out earlier.

Regarding the 'there are many more of the kind' - please post actual links or I will assume they don't actually exist.

The latest example of a gay man believing that in itself means his views will be heard and noticed. What a brand new world some have found themselves to be in.....

Hate all around where you gonna run to boy?

To summarise:

Nazi content doesn't violate the TOS.

Asking why nazi / racist content is allowed is more disrespectful / annoying than the actual posting of nazi / racist content.

Some more anonymous personal attacks. A Hitler GIF.

Back
Top Bottom