Ranking Morrisseys albums

A

Anonymous

I’ve been listening to Moz’s records of late. And thought I’d rate them. Feel free to rank them too.

Utter Classics:
Viva Hate
Bona Drag
Your Arsenal
Vauxhall ans I

Decent Albums:
Southpaw
Ringerleader
You are the Quarry

Meh:
Years of Refusal
Maladjusted
Kill uncle

Can’t believe it’s Moz
World Peace
Likely the new one

Vauxhall > Bona Drag > Viva Hate > YATQ > Your Arsenal > WPINOYB > Ringleader > Maladjusted > YoR > Southpaw > Kill Uncle
Note for WPINOYB, Maladjusted, and Southpaw i'm ranking them with the deluxe/legacy editions in mind

The drum sounds rhythms on viva hate really bug me. To much post punk boom. I don’t know why it bugs me so much but it does and drags down songs I’d probably enjoy more if the drums were just straightforward or different. It doesn’t speak to me lyrically either. I think the craft of the lyrics is very high but I loose a lot of interest in what he’s saying especially in the second half of the album. More so on this album than almost any other in the catalog is this divide so bothersome to me as it puts me on the outs with a lot of morrissey fans. Alsatian cousin Sunday and Bengali I love outright but the rest I feel I just appreciate rather than love

I’ve been listening to Moz’s records of late. And thought I’d rate them. Feel free to rank them too.

Utter Classics:
Viva Hate
Bona Drag
Your Arsenal
Vauxhall ans I

Decent Albums:
Southpaw
Ringerleader
You are the Quarry

Meh:
Years of Refusal
Maladjusted
Kill uncle

Can’t believe it’s Moz
World Peace
Likely the new one

I’m in agreement with most of that. But maladjusted is much better than people think, and kill uncle is great Live. I’ve never got much repeat listening out of Years Of Refusal or Southpaw, but they arnt bad albums, just not to my taste. Viva Hate &. Vauxhall always streets ahead. And WPINOYB, deservedly last.

The only problem with Maladjusted is that the B-sides are better than the actual album. It's a very strange thing.

Your Arsenal
Viva Hate
Bona Drag
Vauxhall and I
Maladjusted
Southpaw Grammar
World Peace
Quarry

1. Viva Hate / Vauxhall and I
  2. Maladjusted
  3. Southpaw Grammar
  4. Kill Uncle