Rapper Jake Hill cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue

A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Rapper cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue - London Evening Standard
A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Excerpt:

Jake Hill, from South Alabama, was set to perform a tour date in Houston at the White Oak Music Hall on October 28.

Morrissey, former frontman of The Smiths, was also playing the venue in a different area. It is said to be stipulated in his contracts that meat should not be served where he is playing.

Mr Hill, who has more than one million listeners per month on Spotify, posted a video on Twitter explaining why he had cancelled the gig.

He said: "If anybody was coming to the show tonight, I'm sorry to tell you it's been cancelled.

"Soon as we get here we find out that there's a bigger artist playing on the lawn, who is a vegetarian. Which is fine. But he has made a specific contract rule that you can't have any meat in the venue."

He said he had ordered food, with Chick-fil-A appearing in the background, and then was told he would have to "eat it outside like a dog".

"This is the twentieth show we've done, we're tired, we wanna relax and eat our food. But apparently god is here but he;s making it to where we can't eat meat," he said.
"I hate to do this but I'm not about to bow down to this guy, show's been cancelled, I'm sorry."

He ended with an expletive outburst at Morrissey and said: "F*** you Morrissey, b****."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
All rappers are an embarrassment. Other than Public Enemy back in the day they're all a bit of a joke.

This just shows how you know f*** all about hip hop. All rappers other than PE are an embarrassment? Shut your stupid mouth when you have no idea what you are even saying.

haha morrisseys so rad. it must be hard when you're young and self-important to realize that someone elses desires matter so much more than yours.
Morrissey = god
jake hill = dog

Good for him. And I say that as an almost life-long vegetarian. By all means have a position, but don't foist that position on people who didn't want or ask for the consequences; I assume the people going to a Morrissey show know what they're letting themselves in for in terms of the T&Cs, but for those not going? There's a word for that type of behaviour.

A choice isn’t personal if it has victims.

Boo hoo! What a little prick. Rather than eat vegetables he cancelled a concert and shat all over his fans. He sounds very much like a Morrissey in the making. Two Prima Donnas in one venue - what hissy fits there must have been.

I can't help but think was it all a ploy to advertise his murderous food chain. Strange how prominent it is in the photos. I think the little prick probably took a back hander.

Maybe he'll save the food cartons, sign them and then charge his fans $300 dollars for them at his merch stall?

"Rapper". Such a made up bogus bullshit excuse for untalented coons and wiggers. Lick my nuts son!!

This is a business between the rapper and the venue. Morrissey has nothing to do with it, he made a previous agreement with the venue.

Rapper cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue - London Evening Standard

Excerpt:

Jake Hill, from South Alabama, was set to perform a tour date in Houston at the White Oak Music Hall on October 28.

Morrissey, former frontman of The Smiths, was also playing the venue in a different area. It is said to be stipulated in his contracts that meat should not be served where he is playing.

Mr Hill, who has more than one million listeners per month on Spotify, posted a video on Twitter explaining why he had cancelled the gig.

He said: "If anybody was coming to the show tonight, I'm sorry to tell you it's been cancelled.

"Soon as we get here we find out that there's a bigger artist playing on the lawn, who is a vegetarian. Which is fine. But he has made a specific contract rule that you can't have any meat in the venue."

He said he had ordered food, with Chick-fil-A appearing in the background, and then was told he would have to "eat it outside like a dog".

"This is the twentieth show we've done, we're tired, we wanna relax and eat our food. But apparently god is here but he;s making it to where we can't eat meat," he said.
"I hate to do this but I'm not about to bow down to this guy, show's been cancelled, I'm sorry."

He ended with an expletive outburst at Morrissey and said: "F*** you Morrissey, b****."

full
Who in dá house,
Not Jake Hill Bill in dá House.
I'm mad b coz
Some guy name a moz
Say it ain't right to kill
For my chick fil
A vegetarian and contrarian
Killed my 20th show
The veggie mofo.
Some mercy fo animals exposay
Don't mean nothin
To my man kanye
He say it closed on sunday
But today it Tuesday
What the hay?
Tortured hens
I ain't losing no sleep
Cos I'm the best widdle wapper
On dead end street
My pie hole ain't closin
Just cause they exposin
Cruelty and barbarity
Who needs clarity
When I got one million listeners
On Spotify
I'm too impotent
In my own eye
To show respec
To this morrissey guy.
I lose street cred
If I ain't cruel
I dunno what it mean
When you call me a tool.
My mama say
Life is like a box of chocolates
Word.

Morrissey fans are so different now... close minded hateful f***ers.... I wonder what the root cause may be?
Think it's the same principle as when you use disinfectant on your work top and it just leaves you with all the germs that are real c***s.

I don't get this kid's issue with Morrissey's meat ban. Is eating meat part of his act. Does he rap while eating a three course banquet with all the trimmings or something?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom