Rapper Jake Hill cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue

A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Rapper cancels gig after refusing to 'bow down' to Morrissey meat ban at venue - London Evening Standard
A rapper has cancelled a gig because he is refusing to "bow down" to a meat ban imposed at a venue by Morrissey.

Excerpt:

Jake Hill, from South Alabama, was set to perform a tour date in Houston at the White Oak Music Hall on October 28.

Morrissey, former frontman of The Smiths, was also playing the venue in a different area. It is said to be stipulated in his contracts that meat should not be served where he is playing.

Mr Hill, who has more than one million listeners per month on Spotify, posted a video on Twitter explaining why he had cancelled the gig.

He said: "If anybody was coming to the show tonight, I'm sorry to tell you it's been cancelled.

"Soon as we get here we find out that there's a bigger artist playing on the lawn, who is a vegetarian. Which is fine. But he has made a specific contract rule that you can't have any meat in the venue."

He said he had ordered food, with Chick-fil-A appearing in the background, and then was told he would have to "eat it outside like a dog".

"This is the twentieth show we've done, we're tired, we wanna relax and eat our food. But apparently god is here but he;s making it to where we can't eat meat," he said.
"I hate to do this but I'm not about to bow down to this guy, show's been cancelled, I'm sorry."

He ended with an expletive outburst at Morrissey and said: "F*** you Morrissey, b****."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what "DJ Bootybutt" (his label) has to offer:

Honestly I like this. The part where it sounds like it's going to turn into some kind of metal thing makes me think this kid should just get a band.I listened to a couple other ones and didn't like the beats but this could be a hit.

do you actually think iv got jeans that are fourteen years old,dont be stupid,it was used for the purpose of a joke,you wouldn't know what a joke was as you havent cracked a smile since the day you were born,yer a bore.

Gordy, you’re just not funny. maybe you should specify that it’s a joke next time.

Just when you think Morrissey is the least relevant artist on the face of the earth, a far less relevant one decides to pop his head out.

Presumption of facts:

This rapper was not part of Morrissey's show.
The venue has multiple stages and can hold simultaneous events.
Morrissey's ban on meat sales carried over to a different stage for a different artist who was eating food not sold by the venue.

If those facts are true:

Any person who brought meat to building for the lunch/dinner break could have been ordered to eat it outside.

I think he should have said, "f*** off, I'm not going outside to eat my lunch."

While I understand that people have differing moral opinions about eating meat there has to be a limitation on your ability to impose your morality on others.

That being said, I'm not sure I entirely believe the story. If I were an investigative journalist I'd ask for clarification from the venue on what really happened. I suspect there is some element of truth and some exaggerations, bendings and stretchings going on here.

They got a table in the van.
Why didn't this guy just sit in the van and eat his Bird murder?
Hahaa!
These Phony Rappers got to many excuses for Wild T.

Wow. The modern Vanilla Ice disagrees with Morrissey. Maybe he and Macklemore can get together, have a burger, and complain about how white-boy rappers aren't respected in America.

Presumption of facts:

Morrissey's ban on meat sales carried over to a different stage for a different artist who was eating food not sold by the venue.

If those facts are true:

Any person who brought meat to building for the lunch/dinner break could have been ordered to eat it outside.

While I understand that people have differing moral opinions about eating meat there has to be a limitation on your ability to impose your morality on others.

That being said, I'm not sure I entirely believe the story. If I were an investigative journalist I'd ask for clarification from the venue on what really happened. I suspect there is some element of truth and some exaggerations, bendings and stretchings going on here.

If NO MEAT is the condition of Morrissey to sing in a place, being the venue well informed of that with anticipation, it was venue's people obligation to inform with due anticipation to the assistants, both other artists and public, about that circumstance. There's no way Morrissey can be blamed for this rapper's outburst. Seriously.

If NO MEAT is the condition of Morrissey to sing in a place, being the venue well informed of that with anticipation, it was venue's people obligation to inform with due anticipation to the assistants, both other artists and public, about that circumstance. There's no way Morrissey can be blamed for this rapper's outburst. Seriously.

The little baby should have had his mummy fix him a bag full of pizza pops and pork chunks.:lbf:

Presumption of facts:

If those facts are true:

I agree. He should have forced them to physically remove him or leave him alone.
It's not Morrissey's fault. He has the right to make demands. And it's not this kid's fault. He has the right to demand a certain level of comfort. It is the promoter's fault. They handled this poorly. They could have distracted him by saying representatives from David Bowie's estate are on the phone asking about his merch.
I don't see anything in the story not to believe except that the product placement suggests this was some kind of viral marketing.

I agree. He should have forced them to physically remove him or leave him alone.
It's not Morrissey's fault. He has the right to make demands. And it's not this kid's fault. He has the right to demand a certain level of comfort. It is the promoter's fault. They handled this poorly. They could have distracted him by saying representatives from David Bowie's estate are on the phone asking about his merch.
I don't see anything in the story not to believe except that the product placement suggests this was some kind of viral marketing.

as usual:

:crazy:

(the representative of Bowie estate are worried about Moz purchase of Bowie albums :lbf:)

I think you have completely misinterpreted my point.
I think you've completely misinterpreted MIM's point, actually. You said:
By all means have a position, but don't foist that position on people who didn't want or ask for the consequences;
This obviously implies that you think eating meat should be someone's personal choice, and we shouldn't "foist" our morality on others, yes? Well MIM argued that:
A choice isn’t personal if it has victims.
This means essentially that we should be able to "foist" our position on others if their position has a victim. If someone's position has a victim, they are not justified in holding it.
After all, do you not foist your opinion of racism unto others daily on this site? Why shouldn't people be racist? Just respect that they hold a different position than you. Some people like being racist, don't you know? Etcetera.

"This is like our 20th gig, and I just wanted something to eat...."

HEY RAP-MASTER! PLEASE YOUTUBE 'It's a Long Way to the Top....' by AC/DC.

It'll 'learn' ya, Mr. Alabama Rap-Master!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom