Re-release of Everyday Is Like Sunday as single bundle?

Stefan Krix

Collector's guild
While looking for Morrissey related news on the Bona Drag reissue, I found the following entry on the EMI Music UK and Ireland site; it seems to be that EMI plans a bundled re-release of the 1988 single Everyday Is Like Sunday on CD and 2-7".

Though the track is originally taken from Viva Hate but it's also on Bona Drag - so it might be intended as a single to promote the 20th Anniversary edition. Note the cat.-nos.: MM seems to be an indication for the Mayor Minor label!

sunday-single.jpg

The release date in the UK is the same as for the Bona Drag longplayer. I have not found further information on possible supporting tracks.

That's pretty interesting! Probably will go alongside the Bona Drag reissue!

Re: Re-release of Everyday Is Like Sunday as single bundle! UPDATE

Sorry - how foolish i was not to follow the complete link i provided by myself: The information is all there!!

Here comes the news:

CD
Everyday is Like Sunday (2010 Remaster)
November The Second
Everyday is Like Sunday
Everyday is Like Sunday (TOTP 9th June 1988)

7"
Trash (Live At Irvine Meadows, CA, 1991)

7"
Everyday Is Like Sunday (Live At The Hollywood Bowl - 8th June 2007)

Now i think it's real news!

will it have the same sleeve as the first issue or is there a suprise on its way.is it gonna be on a hmv multi save

November The Second is going to remastered eh? Sounds good to me
Why is there no video of Morrissey performing Everyday Is Like Sunday on TOTPs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this is great news. Great research Stefan. I'm looking forward to perhaps new artwork and I'm sure it will all look and feel good this time, seeing as how Morrissey is participating.

Ahh, 1 seed on all those TOTP vids...forget that! It'll take too long!

Fair do's I've got some great stuff off Smithstorrents, but stuff like this is impossible to download within a night!

:lbf: At the tags. I may get it because it would be good to have the TOTP performance and 'November the Second' on CD, but I don't know if I actually want to have yet another recording of the studio version. Still, it's always good to hear that stuff is going on. Do you think this is the whole extent of the 'more Morrissey news in August', or just part of it?

6 versions of the same song on the various forms singles package.

Why not at least include Sister I'm A Poet and the long version of Will Never Marry? As per the original release (remaster them even?)

He harangues people for not purchasing Something Is Squeezing My Skull and then as the next single releases 6 versions of the same song. Which was originally released 22 years ago.

Too many people had the suss
Too many people support us
An unlimited amount
too many outlets in and out -
Who? EMI

Last edited:
:lbf: At the tags. I may get it because it would be good to have the TOTP performance and 'November the Second' on CD, but I don't know if I actually want to have yet another recording of the studio version. Still, it's always good to hear that stuff is going on. Do you think this is the whole extent of the 'more Morrissey news in August', or just part of it?

It had better not be. I'd have to slap Morrissey. Besides, I can't imagine that re-releasing an old single would have Janice Long excited but swearing not to reveal a secret.

Can we look forward to maybe re-releasing all the old singles? I was looking forward to November Spawned a Monster, but maybe not with Nov. 2 on the EDILS single.

Hope the front cover doesnt get changed, my favourite one of his solo career......same thing along those lines, the original 12' also has the best b sides of his solo career.......come to think of it, best TOTP's appearance too - still have it 'on tape' from that Thursday night! Happy days.

Tags
already have 15 bundle of joy i've got 26 only 15? reissue repackage x 2 such is life versions of it
Back
Top Bottom