Reading and Leeds festivals ban flags

at Coachella this year someone had a flag of Mexico that was about 8x6...but that wasn't enough, they had it attached to a 6 foot telescoping pole!

You have to ask "what took them so long?"

I see that the Reading and Leeds festivals are banning flags from their sites saying that they inhibit the view of other people in the crowd. I never could understand why anyone would go to a gig with a huge flag. The ones with national flags have some emotional problem that they should get help with.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090825/tuk-flags-banned-from-festival-sites-6323e80.html

I agree totally, pointless flag waving. Waving cigarette lighters would be welcome as long as they accidentally set a few flags alight.

Glastonbury are considering following suit.

I think part of the reason for the flags is so that people can find their mates in a pretty big crowd. Its getting a bit daft at Glasto now though they are mulitiplying each year !

Blimey, is that the reason? And they have mobiles and things now - not like Glastonbury in 1990 when I was there. Selfish I call it. I noticed that this year the TV cameras seemed to get blocked by flags at Glastonbury. Maybe they did it just for effect/ atmosphere, but I was getting a bit irate even sitting at home thinking if only they'd get rid of the flags I'd see Neil Young as well as hear him :D

Back
Top Bottom