Received Maladjusted yesterday...

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
And I can't stop listening to Sorrow Will Come In The End. Strongest track on the record in my opinion, followed by Alma Matters and Trouble Loves Me.

It is a good album. Listen closely to the song, 'Maladjusted' it's a CLASSIC! Don't get to iritated by, 'Papa Jack' though *shivering*

I know it's got it's more than it's fair share of detractors, but I really like Maladjusted. Okay, sometimes I skip 'Papa Jack', but I need to hear the title track, NOW! *runs to stereo*

And I just love Roy's Keen!

And I just love Roy's Keen!

I think Roy's Keen is quite underrated.
'even when it's under your nose well you just can't see it can you?' Great line.
Trouble Loves Me will be your favourite one day!

I know it's got it's more than it's fair share of detractors, but I really like Maladjusted. Okay, sometimes I skip 'Papa Jack', but I need to hear the title track, NOW! *runs to stereo*

Oh yes the title track is second only to the Queen is Dead, in terms of the best opening to a Morrissey (or Smiths) record...

"On this glorious occasion...."

Well it's been decided and rightfuly so, 'Malajusted' and 'Troubles Loves Me' are National treasures.

And they're right avoid 'Papa Jack' and "Roy's Keen is frankly shit. If you want to hear Moz do innuendo then listen to 'Miserable Lie' from his Smiff's days.

I'd also throw in 'Wide to Receive' as a great track and if you can find the elusive 'Roy's Keen' single it contains on the B-side the best song Moz sang in that entire period called 'Lost'.

But what do i know, it's just an opinion...............

Well it's been decided and rightfuly so, 'Malajusted' and 'Troubles Loves Me' are National treasures.

And they're right avoid 'Papa Jack' and "Roy's Keen is frankly shit. If you want to hear Moz do innuendo then listen to 'Miserable Lie' from his Smiff's days.

I'd also throw in 'Wide to Receive' as a great track and if you can find the elusive 'Roy's Keen' single it contains on the B-side the best song Moz sang in that entire period called 'Lost'.

'Lost' is located safely in my 'Top 10 Moz song' list

Located safely in your top ten?

Dude I can appreciate the statememnt but 'Lost' my well be up there as the BEST song Moz has ever done.

The support is great I suggest, although most probably it's already been done, a movement to grant 'Lost' canonisation.

It's the song that makes you laugh, cry ,get drunk to, and also say 'Johnny Who??'

wide to receive is pure class
*sings* "& I don't get along with myself & I'm not to keen on anyone else"

love

Grim

I too would like to sign up for the Lost appreciation soc! It’s flipping gorgeous. Heard it played live on the Oye Esteban tour and it was splendid even without the string/keyboard thing.

The music was written by Spencer Cobrin who also wrote the beautiful Wide to Receive. It’s a crying shame that Moz and Spencer fell out.
Imagine how much better Quarry and ROTT would’ve been if they’d contained a sprinkling of songs as good as Lost or Wide to Receive.

I too would like to sign up for the Lost appreciation soc! It’s flipping gorgeous. Heard it played live on the Oye Esteban tour and it was splendid even without the string/keyboard thing.

The music was written by Spencer Cobrin who also wrote the beautiful Wide to Receive. It’s a crying shame that Moz and Spencer fell out.
Imagine how much better Quarry and ROTT would’ve been if they’d contained a sprinkling of songs as good as Lost or Wide to Receive.

I agree, Maurice. Not only was Spencer one heck of a drummer, but also a great songwriter.

As for Maladjusted, my favorites are 'Trouble Loves Me' and the title track.
How did the band assemble 'Trouble Loves Me' live during the Maladjusted tour?

Satan Rejected My Soul.

A lost opportunity, certainly, but wasn't there supposed to be a rough demo (with vocal) surviving of a never-finished Cobrin/Morrissey track? Anyone know more about it or what happened to it?

I fell in love with "Alma Matters". And "Satan Rejected My Soul" is, as far as I'm concerned, right up there with some of the best - it sits next to "Sister I'm A Poet" in my current playlist.

Back
Top Bottom